Weekly Debrief

New Night Map Announced (Nivelle Nights)

Comments

• bran1986
    5756 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This map is a lot of fun. The cap zones are pretty big and there is actual cover on them.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Someone playing it on Twitch, in German though.

https://www.twitch.tv/mashed8
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    More gameplay plus preview of the new m1911 skins
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    A package from home skin looks nice. Reminds me of Brother in arms pistol
  • Yokoyaa
    171 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    Danz_RS wrote: »
    Yokoyaa wrote: »
    Is this map will be added along the other operations please? This would be sad if it's again another new map not playable on operation...
    This, anyone knows if it will be featured in Operations or just be left out?

Going from the past free map speculation is no. But they could be making a new operation but from confirmation there is none.

They could easily combine this with Giants Shadow to make a operation.

Only if Giants is the second map so that it's played less. Though it would be unprecedented to change factions in an Operation I don't see why not.

I wish they would make Giants Shadow into an Operations map. The Battle of Cambrai already sets it up as possible. I did have an idea of how they could pull it off. Brits are attacking first and Germans defending. Brits get tanks but not the Germans though they have adequate at weapons. Brits can use the tanks up to the second sector than after that the game disables the tanks and the rest is infantry only. Once the Brits take the last sector, 3 or 4 then the game, rather than changing maps, changes the armies. So Germans become attackers and Brits defenders. The destruction is left from the attack and now the Germans have to push the British back to their original base to win.

I made a thread about the possibility to make the new maps not only playable on conquest but only one person replied. Look like there is only lazy or conquest player on this forum.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wish the CTE was open to console players
  • DANNYonPC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »

Blame MS and Sony for that

• BaconRebellion
    2443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Danz_RS wrote: »
    Is this map will be added along the other operations please? This would be sad if it's again another new map not playable on operation...
    This, anyone knows if it will be featured in Operations or just be left out?

Going from the past free map speculation is no. But they could be making a new operation but from confirmation there is none.

They could easily combine this with Giants Shadow to make a operation.

Only if Giants is the second map so that it's played less. Though it would be unprecedented to change factions in an Operation I don't see why not.

I wish they would make Giants Shadow into an Operations map. The Battle of Cambrai already sets it up as possible. I did have an idea of how they could pull it off. Brits are attacking first and Germans defending. Brits get tanks but not the Germans though they have adequate at weapons. Brits can use the tanks up to the second sector than after that the game disables the tanks and the rest is infantry only. Once the Brits take the last sector, 3 or 4 then the game, rather than changing maps, changes the armies. So Germans become attackers and Brits defenders. The destruction is left from the attack and now the Germans have to push the British back to their original base to win.

I made a thread about the possibility to make the new maps not only playable on conquest but only one person replied. Look like there is only lazy or conquest player on this forum.

I am lazy tbh lok
  • Wystrow
    87 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If this new incoming map is not in operation mode it will not make sense for most players.
    It would be a great job to combine it with giant shadow
  • bran1986
    5756 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    stefwler61 wrote: »
    If this new incoming map is not in operation mode it will not make sense for most players.

Conquest is the most played game mode by far.
  • Yokoyaa
    edited April 2017

I really want that too since I'm mainly a operation player because it's literally the most immersive and nervous game mode. But like I said on my thread if they really wanted to combine those 2 maps for a new operation, they would announce it along the upcoming next map... So they don't care.
  • LIVEWIRE2772
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is pretty much the second free map. Just like Giants shadow this will be free for all but has a premium early access.

No, its premium ONLY non premium/DLC members wont get it at all as its all part of the DLC as a whole. And what are you going on about? Premium didn't exist for Bf1 when Giants Shadow cam out

• BaconRebellion
    2443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I really want that too since I'm mainly a operation player because it's literally the most immersive and nervous game mode. But like I said on my thread if they really wanted to combine those 2 maps for a new operation, they would announce it along the upcoming next map... So they don't care.

It would be weird to combine a French offensive from 1917 with a British offensive from 1918, both of which didn't end too well for the French or British. Many French division ok ns mutinied during the second battle of the Aisne and the British were decisively defeated at Cambrai being pushed back to a withdrawal of forces after their tanks broke down and they lost their initial element of surprise.
  • LIVEWIRE2772
    Not wanting to **** on the non premium guys parades but this map is:
    - Part of a French offensive
    - Contains the French army as a faction
    - Has DLC elements (Howy, Trench Raider)

Therefore it is an added privilege/treat for Premium members, after all we are superior to non premium, vanilla members
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If its free its a good thing, a true night map is one of the many things missing so far and for me it changes the feel in a match, looking forward to it.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DANNYonPC wrote: »

Blame MS and Sony for that

I did see a video by westie explaining why DICE is having trouble with putting the CTE on the console. which I can understand why they haven't done it yet. But fingers crossed PS and XBOX can sort it out the problem.
  • LIVEWIRE2772
    TG_JAZZY wrote: »
    If its free its a good thing, a true night map is one of the many things missing so far and for me it changes the feel in a match, looking forward to it.

It isn't free though, its only for us more superior master race or premium members
  • daNkyoUGod
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Amen
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is pretty much the second free map. Just like Giants shadow this will be free for all but has a premium early access.

No, its premium ONLY non premium/DLC members wont get it at all as its all part of the DLC as a whole. And what are you going on about? Premium didn't exist for Bf1 when Giants Shadow cam out

Premium didn't exist? you could pre order the game with premium before the game itself came out.
  • Yokoyaa

It would be weird to combine a French offensive from 1917 with a British offensive from 1918, both of which didn't end too well for the French or British. Many French division ok ns mutinied during the second battle of the Aisne and the British were decisively defeated at Cambrai being pushed back to a withdrawal of forces after their tanks broke down and they lost their initial element of surprise.

So we can't hope for a new operation, sad :/. Those free maps are just useless, only to say "look at, we are doing free stuff".