Why are YOU still playing Battlefield 1 my fellow laggers and crappy server getters?

Comments

• Apocalypse4805
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll leave at this... I don't feel wrong for defending myself when pushed on the overarching point of the thread. Maybe you were not trying to come off trollish or elevated but I read it that way given the context. As stated before, I was looking for a way not to give up on this game. Instead, I got a bunch of people talking about their setup and etc... If you were just trying to be helpful, then thank you from that perspective. Unfortunately, I was not looking for that type of help as I have been on other threads and utilized lots of advice to no avail. I live in Iowa, and believe that it is my region which is giving me so much grief. I have spoken to other people on the forum and around me, and they all experience the same type of gameplay I do. All while having respectable internet and accessories. It is just a byproduct of living here and one I will hopefully leave behind when my wife and I move in a couple months to Ohio. Maybe, maybe not... but I have accepted the fact that it will not get better while living here. This is why I was wondering how other people were approaching it or playing it to get something out of it? I didn't like the way you were communicating with me and combined with how I felt about you hijacking the thread, I got tunnel vision. So, i apologize if you feel I was being a d ick toward you for trying to help... Maybe you can understand why that would be stressful? Either way, I should know better that indirect communication is the worst for this very reason... as all context is lost. Cheers.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll leave at this... I don't feel wrong for defending myself when pushed on the overarching point of the thread. Maybe you were not trying to come off trollish or elevated but I read it that way given the context. As stated before, I was looking for a way not to give up on this game. Instead, I got a bunch of people talking about their setup and etc... If you were just trying to be helpful, then thank you from that perspective. Unfortunately, I was not looking for that type of help as I have been on other threads and utilized lots of advice to no avail. I live in Iowa, and believe that it is my region which is giving me so much grief. I have spoken to other people on the forum and around me, and they all experience the same type of gameplay I do. All while having respectable internet and accessories. It is just a byproduct of living here and one I will hopefully leave behind when my wife and I move in a couple months to Ohio. Maybe, maybe not... but I have accepted the fact that it will not get better while living here. This is why I was wondering how other people were approaching it or playing it to get something out of it? I didn't like the way you were communicating with me and combined with how I felt about you hijacking the thread, I got tunnel vision. So, i apologize if you feel I was being a d ick toward you for trying to help... Maybe you can understand why that would be stressful? Either way, I should know better that indirect communication is the worst for this very reason... as all context is lost. Cheers.

This should have been the response you gave me after your initial comment toward me. THIS makes sense.

Cheers.
  • EggmanUnleashed
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Modem Port forwarding..... If already discussed apologize but was pinched for time and saw the topic. Contact EA help on your game menu, obtain the port numbers needed for proper communication with EA servers, and forward those ports in your modem (I accomplished this via advanced settings, port forwarding), to ensure the path is clear for best possible connection. Might add my ISP, which is a fiber optic provider, had no ability or clue to help me, got the tip from EA conversation with a helpful gal in India. At fifty something not cutting edge tech savvy, but it solved a HUGE interruption in my play after a modem change (purchased the same model modem from my ISP rather than rent a modem). I had massive lag, and jitters, just awful connection, and this put me right back in form (although still getting sniped a ton from a thousand yards behind smoke and walls, and experiencing much death, but that is the life of a shotgunner.... ;)
  • lionking7001
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is a very good question. The sad thing is despite it plays like c-rap it is the best game out on Xbox. I am also about to take a break. I constantly suffer from the issues you describe. My internet? 200mbit up and down fibre optic.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have resorted using only Quickmatch to find a game. The server browser is poor for me and it takes forever to load a game, Quick Match is faster but gets me on teams without enough players to start and seems to give me more blackscreen.

I am hardwired for gaming and I can play several good games and then see enemies moving on one knee or stutter lag, I quit these games and find a new server. Invisible enemies are really starting to irritate me, as well as having enemies spawn directly behind me. Death Spawn is just so comical now. Yesterday I killed a guy and two guys spawned on his dead body. Thankfully I was using the OP Hellreigel.
  • HardAimedKid
    11385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How did I miss all of the amazing of this thread for so long??
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How did I miss all of the amazing of this thread for so long??

Barely anyone was one when it went down.
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm just going to throw this out there, you SHOULD be able to play with a 1Mbps up 1Mbps down with no problems speed is nothing. Stablilty is everything. Having said that that. There are known issues with peering.
    Speaking as someone playing in the UK on EU servers there are points that connect to the Irish servers which are known to be Janky AF and this is not just for BF1 bit for many game games.
    It mainly boils down to a Telia switch somewhere in the EU.
    Run traceroutes. Gather data. Send that **** to your ISP and EA.
    Maybe something will happen.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully there is a solution to your lag problem that's easier than moving to a new state. That sucks.

Although I don't have lag issues, I'll respond to your initial question. I keep playing, because:

- I killed a cavalry yesterday as he was hoofing it by the D flag on Fao Fortress; his corpse and horse went flying over the cliff. The rag doll physics were the best!

- On Saturday, I threw a Hail Mary grenade on Ballroom Blitz E flag into the upstairs window of the house from the inside of the train car, and I got the guy taking shots at me.

- Same round on Blitz...there was an enemy upstairs at A flag, but I knew he'd waste me if I went up to find him. I threw a limpet upstairs, which blew him up along with the 2nd story.

- I guess I keep playing, because even after 400 rounds, you can do something you've never seen before.
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In the end there needs to be a region lock on all servers so we don't have **** hitting quick match to be put in outer region servers. End of story. I'm hard wired to my Xbox and get 95 down and 35 up load and still have problems with **** out of region players joining our oceanic severs ect Australia.
  • juhmu
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    stuwooster wrote: »
    I'm just going to throw this out there, you SHOULD be able to play with a 1Mbps up 1Mbps down with no problems speed is nothing. Stablilty is everything. Having said that that. There are known issues with peering.
    Speaking as someone playing in the UK on EU servers there are points that connect to the Irish servers which are known to be Janky AF and this is not just for BF1 bit for many game games.
    It mainly boils down to a Telia switch somewhere in the EU.
    Run traceroutes. Gather data. Send that **** to your ISP and EA.
    Maybe something will happen.

I noticed the same thing? i live in finland and my connection goes france (telia.net), then galway and last is dublin :D Xbox is design to connect closed azure server in europe and there is 4 datacenters is europe so why france when there is no azure support?? http://www.azurespeed.com/Azure/Latency best tool for finding what azure datacenter your Xbox is using :)
  • xBossXx1948
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Are you using a wireless connection, by chance? Or have a generally crap connection overall?

BTW, what does that have to do with my question?

Because the majority of people that get constant lag and latency issues are using wireless connections with their console as far as humanly possible away from their router.

Either way - I have a 75down/12up connection, hard wired from my original, 1st run Xbox One to my modem with a CAT6 connection, and I get zero performance issues in terms of "network".

Secondly - the "netcode" issues are not solvable unless everyone in the game plays in their own region, and only in their own region.

The reason netcode issues happen is because someone that has a faster connection and is closer to the server "hub" goes around a corner, so on their screen they're already around a corner - but they're being aimed at by a guy with a slower connection that's further away from the server "hub", so on his screen at that point in time, you still haven't made it around that corner. There's no way DICE can account for the myriad of different internet connections gamers use across the world, that information is immense.

The only solution would be to get faster response time servers for the console versions of the game, which would cost EA/DICE a considerable amount of money (you can't just magically poof servers out of nowhere) and would require significantly more effort than simply patching something in the game. They could also do good to implement a ping limiter, and I have no clue why they haven't done that yet (maybe because it would cause friends from different countries to not be able to play with each other)

Just saying - when it comes to "network" issues like lag and latency in these games, it usually has something to do with the player connection, and less to do with the game.

If it was an overall GAME issue, there would be considerably more people complaining about constant lag and latency issues on consoles than there are now.

My of saying, "what does this have to do with my question" is that I asked people WHO ACTUALLY DO HAVE LAG what keeps them playing. I mentioned in the top that if you have no problems, I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU. But... you just had to add your 2 cents because you think you are special. Good for you guy, good for you...
    You just salty cause your connection sucks.
    Just saying, I use a Ethernet cord and my game runs fine
  • -TheBiggestCat-
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well at least you are both coming from a place of intelligence so I'll chime in. As to the topic at hand, I did give up on BF1! You'll still see some of the LAG clan members playing together but just for camaraderie. EA has way more issues than the servers but thats a good enough reasons on a given day to boycott. Switching to a fully wired connection does fix some issues granted. I run 120mbps down and 6-8 up but have been discussing bloat with some tech guys recently to fix some of the issues.
    A little background, LAG clan (i'm part of) we started in 2008 just to make fun of the actual game lag. There are roughly 50+ of us all over the world and we all have similar rants a one time or another, all except one guy who goes about 49 and 6 most days and lives in the swamps of Louisiana!
    Seriously though, as explained to me part of the problem originates because EA uses their own servers vs. MicroSoft rental servers. I'm just going to leave that little tidbit right here for you since you know how well the last dashboard update went! I don't need Uncle Bill's goons f---ing with my account.
  • IxHATExXBOXxONE
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ice cream heals all :)
  • QANTgundam
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    ea hong kong server is likely broken,i am in hong kong,and i wander why my ping is always over 150 while its only 5 in cs go,what is happening
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I felt like asking this question honestly. If you are someone who doesn't suffer poor server performance or lag, then I am not talking to you. I want to know from the others out there like myself who have been punishing themselves for months playing this game with just horrible performance and lag. I stopped a couple days ago and I think I am going to take a pretty long break. The stress of getting outgunned by other players when I shouldn't because I am a couple seconds behind or shot around corners, or simply getting trolled by the hit detection not counting shots I put into someone so they can turn and one shot me. (run-on, I know) I feel like if we all stopped in solidarity, and their numbers took a hit... then maybe they would get on their horses and address all their server issues sooner. Maybe, maybe not. But my question remains. Why do you keep playing?

Brother, I still play because I bought the game at full price and then without thinking it through all the way, I bought premium.
    If I bailed now I would feel like I tossed my money down the drain and like one of the above people said, I still have a modicum of hope left that the game will turn around.
  • first-platoon
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In my case, with the ping thresholds ruining my experience and the lack of any players and servers in my region(Asia), I still play to get my hours/dollar out of the game. I bought it on black friday for 30 USD and if I can squeeze >2hours/dollar, then i'll be content to move on. Here's hoping that battlefront 2 will be more welcoming for us forsaken.
  • DrakeCasanova
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Haha what a thread, sorry i missed it the first time. I love that people were actually trying to help the OP and he has a meltdown raging against those same people. I also love that he thinks he owned anyone when he got destroyed.

People like this dont deserve any help. But I hope his stomach rash got better. ROFL.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Haha what a thread, sorry i missed it the first time. I love that people were actually trying to help the OP and he has a meltdown raging against those same people. I also love that he thinks he owned anyone when he got destroyed.

People like this dont deserve any help. But I hope his stomach rash got better. ROFL.

OP didn't ask for help, he asked why people experiencing lag and performance issues are still playing, that is all.
    As for the help, it's all the same, prioritize your router, don't use wi-fi, use a wired controler and so on.
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Omg. WHINE WHINE WHINE. Put your TV on game mode. If you dont know what that is and even better dont have game mode on your tv, you have high imput lag. Do research, buy a new tv and be done.