High Prices, Low Feature Delivery, and NO and SLOW communication

sean_c_roberts
14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited April 2017
** Please, Dice, please listen to my plea to you as a regular (and devoted) BF player and customer (I have purchased almost every BF title since BF2).

** Also please listen to me as someone who has, so far, paid $200 for 2 3-month rental periods, only to have that server essentially useless to my clan because it requires 10 people to start TDM and 20 players to start Conquest.

I purchased a 3-month rental immediately after the RSP was made available.
My specific goal was (and still is) to have a place for my clan-mates to play where we control the environment.
Most of us are 50 or older so we don't favor the "twitch" - "instant reflexes" kind of play but rather like to use elements of strategy, weapon load-outs in various combinations.
The fun for us is doing things like finding new ways to use tanks and planes and finding good concealment in unique places on maps.
We're also both an international clan and we live across many US\Canada time zones, so it's East Coast players that come on-line first, and then usually the middle then West part of our countries come on-line.
** So, because not all clan members come on-line at the same time and because we can't start even TDM maps without 10 players, means that the server rented has sit empty and unused for coming up on 4-5 months now.

I'll also tell you that we don't even care THAT much is 6-player start makes games available to Quick Match or not, or even if 6-player start makes the server a custom server - we just want a place to play.

The experience of almost all of our clan-mates of late is that, we get SO tired of the spawn & die shuffle that the game is increasingly NOT fun to play.
You force us to play on other servers, and even on other custom servers, owners have so little control, that we get the same experience (spawn & die, rinse & repeat).

Even if we know for a fact that BF1 is a hacker's paradise, at least on our own server, we could kick\ban to ensure that non-cheaters are supported and cheaters are banned.

I get it - most of my clan gets it - you want to bring in-house many of the things that, in the past, we controlled by other people (anti-cheat, server rentals, etc.) - and I believe we are (and have been) incredibly patient... but that patience is wearing thinner each and every day.

I don't know when you are going to release 6-player start (I sure hope it's soon), but the frustration of NOT knowing is driving me mad. Will it be in the next patch or not? When is the next patch? PLEASE - communicate to us what's going on, please, and I know that would do a lot to extend our patience.

Where I am now, and I suspect a lot of RSP customers are, is feeling like twice so far I have wasted my money for a server my clan can't use, and HOPING that 6-player start comes before my second rental period is up. I WILL pay another $100 if 6-player start is in RSP before my current rental sessions ends. If it's not out, I just can't take it on faith anymore than you will add it (and more generally both listen to and be responsive to RSP customers) any time soon.

*** Please, EA\Dice, we have kept the faith with you for SO LONG, and want to continue to do so, but if you keep:
* Not communicating, including feature release dates, for things like 6-player start
* Not allowing granular control over custom servers (which WE purchased specifically for our own unique needs)
* Not doing a better job of catching and banning cheaters

... our faith in\with you will be broken and our almost exclusively BF playing clan will be forced to rally behind some other game and developer.

* Please don't make us do that - and I really, honestly, desperately, hope that you (someone from EA or Dice) will read this and respond.
Post edited by sean_c_roberts on

Comments

• grayfox58
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Right on Sean . I am 70 years old and part of this clan. As of now I do not think EA/Dice gives a hoot about the gamer's only the money they have made and hope to make. With out EA/Dice communicating with the people gives me little hope . BF-1 is a good game but may die because of lack of fun for older players . The PC Gamer's made Battle Field what it is today and it looks like you put us on the back page.
  • Antivanity
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA/DICE has never responded on these RSP forums that i know of. You would be better off posting to reddit.com/r/battlefield_live or directly to the RSP manager twitter.com/Striterax_

Good luck to your clan, there are only a few left in BF1 renting servers and we lose more every day.
  • sean_c_roberts
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
  • Antivanity
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • BadShotz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for psoting this message for our Platoon/Clan Sean. Hopefully we can get somewhere with this. I personally am so tired of going 5-15 and seeing the same people over and over going 50-5 or better. It's discouraging to play this BF1 game when everyone is so hateful to those winning so big...and seeing hacker videos on youtube.com confirming the way we feel. I would LOVE this game if we had our own server and only needed 6 to play. You told the story of our Platoon/Clan very clearly.
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While RSP is still a mess and I firmly believe it will remain that way till November, as I've kinda given up on this. I do have to say that the pricing is inredibly cheap. €139,99 for EU for instance for 180 days is great because you do need to compare it to 3rd party hosting which is roughly €70-80 a month for a 64 player server.

Of course you are running TDM meaning you have 24 slots which makes the calculation a bit different but even then. Nonetheless, old fashioned hosting is a lot more expensive but does have all the benefits of being able to run Rcon or Procon.

But, when it comes to it. Welcome to the huge bandwagon everyone here is on and everyone is annoyed about.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017
    i kinda think that the reason behind the lower cost overall 64p slot servers is in the lack of features.
    Who knows, maybe they cant/dont want to implement more things becouse they cant increase the price anymore
  • PremiumBundle
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ** Please, Dice, please listen to my plea to you as a regular (and devoted) BF player and customer (I have purchased almost every BF title since BF2).

** Also please listen to me as someone who has, so far, paid $200 for 2 3-month rental periods, only to have that server essentially useless to my clan because it requires 10 people to start TDM and 20 players to start Conquest.

I purchased a 3-month rental immediately after the RSP was made available.
    My specific goal was (and still is) to have a place for my clan-mates to play where we control the environment.
    Most of us are 50 or older so we don't favor the "twitch" - "instant reflexes" kind of play but rather like to use elements of strategy, weapon load-outs in various combinations.
    The fun for us is doing things like finding new ways to use tanks and planes and finding good concealment in unique places on maps.
    We're also both an international clan and we live across many US\Canada time zones, so it's East Coast players that come on-line first, and then usually the middle then West part of our countries come on-line.
    ** So, because not all clan members come on-line at the same time and because we can't start even TDM maps without 10 players, means that the server rented has sit empty and unused for coming up on 4-5 months now.

I'll also tell you that we don't even care THAT much is 6-player start makes games available to Quick Match or not, or even if 6-player start makes the server a custom server - we just want a place to play.

The experience of almost all of our clan-mates of late is that, we get SO tired of the spawn & die shuffle that the game is increasingly NOT fun to play.
    You force us to play on other servers, and even on other custom servers, owners have so little control, that we get the same experience (spawn & die, rinse & repeat).

Even if we know for a fact that BF1 is a hacker's paradise, at least on our own server, we could kick\ban to ensure that non-cheaters are supported and cheaters are banned.

I get it - most of my clan gets it - you want to bring in-house many of the things that, in the past, we controlled by other people (anti-cheat, server rentals, etc.) - and I believe we are (and have been) incredibly patient... but that patience is wearing thinner each and every day.

I don't know when you are going to release 6-player start (I sure hope it's soon), but the frustration of NOT knowing is driving me mad. Will it be in the next patch or not? When is the next patch? PLEASE - communicate to us what's going on, please, and I know that would do a lot to extend our patience.

Where I am now, and I suspect a lot of RSP customers are, is feeling like twice so far I have wasted my money for a server my clan can't use, and HOPING that 6-player start comes before my second rental period is up. I WILL pay another $100 if 6-player start is in RSP before my current rental sessions ends. If it's not out, I just can't take it on faith anymore than you will add it (and more generally both listen to and be responsive to RSP customers) any time soon.

*** Please, EA\Dice, we have kept the faith with you for SO LONG, and want to continue to do so, but if you keep:
    * Not communicating, including feature release dates, for things like 6-player start
    * Not allowing granular control over custom servers (which WE purchased specifically for our own unique needs)
    * Not doing a better job of catching and banning cheaters

... our faith in\with you will be broken and our almost exclusively BF playing clan will be forced to rally behind some other game and developer.

* Please don't make us do that - and I really, honestly, desperately, hope that you (someone from EA or Dice) will read this and respond.

This game is not for us then, its made for the little kids who snipe and run around in planes all the time.

And the little tanks, the rental program is a joke.
    a real joke.

BETA RUBBISH FROM A MULTI MILLION DOLLARS business.
    beta, dont they pay their staff properly.?
    most jobs i have had , the boss makes you wait for your pay packet.
    may be the same at DICE.

If you pay peanuts dont expect anything more than monkeys.

Rental servers you cant change anything its all set, what a joke?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017
    i am afraid they gonna see the release of bf1 and its rsp as a succes.
    If i would be driving this golden goose wagon i wouldnt change a thing for next bf game.

But i am not and it hurts so much, how could you DICE ppl sell your souls ......the pc players got you where you are now
  • InSaNeOldGuy
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    grayfox58 wrote: »
    I am 70 years old and part of this clan. The PC Gamer's made Battle Field what it is today and it looks like you put us on the back page.

lol... Figured I was the oldest guy in here at 63.

We have always been a CS/BF clan since my son and I began hosting 1942 servers in Dallas with a company called "Netfire". That was back when we could build our own machine and colo it as close to the backbone as possible. This would be the original "dedicated server", where you simply d/l the game and hosted it yourself; online or at a LAN. CS has always been like that. Anyways......... We've hosted every Battlefield game to date, EXCEPT BF1.

Doesn't make sense to me why EA/DICE adopted this business acumen with the RSP. Had to have been a roll of the DICE (pun intended). Figured they could make a ton of money if they did everything themselves. Makes sense I guess, from EA's viewpoint. But they had to have known from the start that the PC Community would be toast. What have we seen if nothing more than a carrot before the donkey ??

Disagree if you want, but there's no denying that both BF1 and now BF4 are in a tailspin (30-day). I don't own stock in EA, but if I did, I'd want some some answers, because Premium sales have got to be dismal.

I gotta tell you it's really SAD.. Just typing about 1942 and remembering how much fun we had. All the BF titles... Playing with friends, yes, but also putting in the time it takes to manage a great server. You could argue that the glory days are over, but can you not hear the Gaben Laser laughing everytime he carries those money bags to the bank ??

If EA/DICE intends to release another BF title, servers need to return to what made this game great: GSP's across the globe, with full Procon support.
    Post edited by InSaNeOldGuy on
  • StarscreamUK
    7167 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    My thoughts on taking it in house, the prime would be to get some control of violating servers.

There are certain servers in hardline that are quite blatantly breaking the rules, and yet despite them being reported, are STILL running today. The hosts are very unlikely unless they get severe pressure to turn off a server they are being paid for. With it going in house, it would make it far easier to remove the servers.

Also data logs, dice now have access to every aspect of the server, so all logs (chat/data etc) will be available to them.

No insider information, just my own opinion.
  • Remiflop
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My thoughts on taking it in house, the prime would be to get some control of violating servers.

There are certain servers in hardline that are quite blatantly breaking the rules, and yet despite them being reported, are STILL running today. The hosts are very unlikely unless they get severe pressure to turn off a server they are being paid for. With it going in house, it would make it far easier to remove the servers.

Also data logs, dice now have access to every aspect of the server, so all logs (chat/data etc) will be available to them.

But there is like 5-6 active servers in Hardline? At least on PC. You should not punish people because 5% of them are incapable of running a server. There will always be a few bad apples among all the good ones.
  • eisvogel100
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ..... Also data logs, dice now have access to every aspect of the server, so all logs (chat/data etc) will be available to them. .....

and those who pay for the servers have no data / logs and rights?
    alternative facts in a wrong world .....

• kL-SnAjP
    edited April 2017

imho this RSP eula is outdated, hell it was outdated on the day of its creation.
    How i imagine "Blatant breaking of rules" in this R rated game is, dozen of half naked players dancing around the burning figure of foreign skin color, while reciting some past dictators manifest.

Seriously, how can any1 break the rules on theyr own server, so every1, you, me, average Joes, other 5mld of ppl should be bothered? As long as, by breaking the rules, these players dont get any ingame advantage over "legitly" playing playa, no1 should care.

This would be all too funny if this "boosting" wasnt marked as one of the main reasons for the uniform experience.

Post edited by kL-SnAjP on
  • StarscreamUK
    7167 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ..... Also data logs, dice now have access to every aspect of the server, so all logs (chat/data etc) will be available to them. .....

and those who pay for the servers have no data / logs and rights?

when it comes to dealing with reports on a player using racism in game, if the evidence was a chat log provided by a 3rd party, who is to say that the 3rd party (server owner) hasnt edited the chat log? Thats the claim that the player could use, and dont forget if you are removing a players right to play on a title they purchased you have to have a cast iron case.

playing devils advocate here.
  • eisvogel100
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    when it comes to dealing with reports on a player using racism in game, if the evidence was a chat log provided by a 3rd party, who is to say that the 3rd party (server owner) hasnt edited the chat log? Thats the claim that the player could use, and dont forget if you are removing a players right to play on a title they purchased you have to have a cast iron case.

playing devils advocate here.

Lol Starscream, we have no chance in BF1 to log the chat.

We must be online to see the chat (no log/no data base) and ban that racism from the server. Do you think we have the time always to manipulate the data base in all battlefield games ????

we never do that, we had procon to sort out these racism guys !

• StarscreamUK
    Im comparing how it is now to how it WAS

bf4 and before if someone wanted to see chatlogs it was in the form of a text file, which could be very easily edited and couldnt be used as evidence for tos.
    bf1, all logs are now available to dice directly, and CAN be used by tos.

I'm not talking about server admin bans here, I'm talking about account level bans.

As I said above, that is my opinion. You don't like it, that's fine, that's your opinion.
  • CPU_UK
    1019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    People boosting their stats is the least of BF1 problems: I feel a lot of the problems we suffer from were in response to issues that weren't really that important i.e. Badmins, no one really cared about Badmins, sure they were out there, but we knew who they were and just didn't go to their server. Instead the DICE solution of in-house rental servers\ no K/B\ zero control over game features etc.... all of it causing more anger than the Badmins ever did.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Good observation @StarscreamUK
    If I recall correctly, BC2 still had battlerecorder, yet it was for internal use only. Rumors where it was still there in BF3/4. Maybe it's still there. If you ever wanted any serious detail about a round, server performance, cheat investigation etc BattleRecorder was the deal. 64p round, data packed into a 10MB or less file.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CPU_UK wrote: »
    People boosting their stats is the least of BF1 problems: I feel a lot of the problems we suffer from were in response to issues that weren't really that important i.e. Badmins, no one really cared about Badmins, sure they were out there, but we knew who they were and just didn't go to their server. Instead the DICE solution of in-house rental servers\ no K/B\ zero control over game features etc.... all of it causing more anger than the Badmins ever did.

Badmins wasn't the reason. Custom scripts were. BF cannot filter for server scripts. The script cannot modify the client UI. Thus, A player joining a server for the first time had zero clue as to what was running on the server. No this, that. Limited this, that etc.

The only way a browsing player could find out what was running on the server is to read the server description. Which was on full page view. And it was up to the server admins to have the information listed. Not required, Optional.

Yes you could join and ask, type !rules, but all of that "Wasted the player's time". And yeah !rules and all the other variations of it were widely known to the casual "I got 20 minutes for a game" player. Lets not forget the massive amounts of chat spam that hides the !rules message. Or the player that hides the chat.

The majority of us in here are well aware of custom server rules. We've been around. More than likely we've played many other games that offered the same flexibility. Old school CoD, earlier (moddable) Battlefield, RTCW, Quake, Half-life, CSS, Team fortress etc. We know these things from experience.

Look at it from the perspective of a first timer, not aware of these things. He/she is actually doing well and having fun. Maybe got a few checks on an assignment, has a good squad, halfway decent kd. Then Boom, kicked/Banned for using thermals, or mortar, or whatever. All that progress gone, fun squashed.