Have to sort out grenades, it's beyond a joke

b2tchwood
1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I don't think I'd be far off saying 30-40% of my deaths are from grenades. The grenade model right now is absurd.

Frag/stick grenades are effectively impact grenades, put the timer back on frags like other BF titles. This is worse than the RGO epidemic of BF4.

If I get killed by an impact fair enough but the fact I have such a small chance of surviving a drag/stick grenade because they act like a delayed impact grenade is stupid.

Comments

• mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I say get rid of all grenades except 2 types. 1 lethal and 1 non lethal (smoke), and they can't be resupplied.
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No thanks
  • chaotic_xXx_kiwi
    365 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would guess my deaths from nades wld only be about 10% if that, I get lit up by model 10 hunters the most . Grenades are fine imo leave them as is it is a war game after all
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have no issue with frag grenade explosive damage or range, just that stupid timer. There was nothing wrong with them before this game.
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel that the resupply system is fair, but that's imo
  • sirghislandi
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would guess my deaths from nades wld only be about 10% if that, I get lit up by model 10 hunters the most . Grenades are fine imo leave them as is it is a war game after all

I was thinking about 10% of my death for myself also and I have less than 10% of my kills from nades
  • edwardsavenue
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always think about this haha or the throw backable ones
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    throw backable ones

the game on some maps would become pass the parcel, instead of a fps lol
  • b2tchwood
    McBaffel wrote: »
    Am I the only one who want's to go back to the cookable grenade? The ones where the timer starts once you press L1?

Also what is this bs abiut having longer timers on nades so you can run from them? That's absurd. Ask to slow down bullet velocity so you can aboid getting shot is skillz right?

The timer comment is what I am referring to when you say go back to the old system. Right now, the timer starts when they hit the floor
  • urban2544
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, get rid of all nades. Seriously nades were a huge part of warfare back then. What next? Fire burns, bullets make me die,. Im sorry but nades are as much a part of this game as anything. And whats funny is a lot of posts say reduce reduce reduce.

"Greatest Grenade Battle of the War

Undoubtedly the greatest grenade battle of the war occurred on the Pozieres Heights on the night of 26-27 July 1916.

Lasting for twelve-and-a-half hours without a break the Australians, with British support, exchanged grenades with their German foes (who threw multiple types of grenade: sticks, cricket balls, egg bombs and rifle grenades). The allied contingent alone threw some 15,000 Mills bombs during the night.

Many grenadiers were killed that night, while many others simply fell down due to complete exhaustion."
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Throwback would be cool way to neutralize spam nades, I like that
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I realize this is just anecdotal evidence but...
    I played BF4 for years. My total kill count from every type of grenade is 196
    In BF1, my kill count for standard frag grenade ALONE is 338! Nearly double in only 6 months. Add in the other grenades and I have 548 kills with grenades.
    Something just ain't right.
  • sarris_bros-1978
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    McBaffel wrote: »
    "Am I the only one who want's to go back to the cookable grenade? The ones where the timer starts once you press L1"?

You're not alone!!
  • Daallaass09
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    urban2544 wrote: »
    Lol, get rid of all nades. Seriously nades were a huge part of warfare back then. What next? Fire burns, bullets make me die,. Im sorry but nades are as much a part of this game as anything. And whats funny is a lot of posts say reduce reduce reduce.

"Greatest Grenade Battle of the War

Undoubtedly the greatest grenade battle of the war occurred on the Pozieres Heights on the night of 26-27 July 1916.

Lasting for twelve-and-a-half hours without a break the Australians, with British support, exchanged grenades with their German foes (who threw multiple types of grenade: sticks, cricket balls, egg bombs and rifle grenades). The allied contingent alone threw some 15,000 Mills bombs during the night.

Many grenadiers were killed that night, while many others simply fell down due to complete exhaustion."

Thanks for the history ;)

great fun breaking through a choke point even more fun flanking them at times.

resupply only from support is best.

already takes a while to get them to drop a box and reload from them.
  • A1337chicken
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OG-N2rock wrote: »
    I realize this is just anecdotal evidence but...
    I played BF4 for years. My total kill count from every type of grenade is 196
    In BF1, my kill count for standard frag grenade ALONE is 338! Nearly double in only 6 months. Add in the other grenades and I have 548 kills with grenades.
    Something just ain't right.

The "something" is the fuse timers. In previous games, once the grenade left your hand, its fuse began to cook. In BF1, for what ever reason, DICE decided that fuses start burning once the grenade lands on a flat surface.

I'm fine with grenades having high damage. They're grenades after all. But the fuses need to be patched to be like a normal fuse. Maybe allow "cooking," since it leaves you open to attack, even if you can time it to explode "instantly."
  • edwardsavenue
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That is unless you're just being close minded.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sometimes it can be tiring, but more often kind of entertaining watching all the rag dolls.