Weekly Debrief

Controller Lag

Banko73
23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I have experienced massive controller lag lately. It is mainly when I aime that my weapon freezes for a couple of seconds.
I have switched L1 with L2 and R1 with R2.
Any one else experiencing the same?
I have Pro and the symptoms occur both on Benq monitor and Samsung TV.
I have 300/60 internet wired and with NAT2

Symptoms occur when I use Tritton headset(bitstream Dolby)
And also when I use standard headset connected directly into controller. Changing controller from USB to Bluetooth doesn't help either.

Any advice apriciated

Comments

• INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    tried resetting your pad?
  • Banko73
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep done that
  • Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you have any mobiles with Bluetooth turned on or wifi items near the ps4 or controller?
    Ps4 controller and gold wireless headsets are prone to interference from these things, clearing them out of the way might fix the input lag
  • Banko73
    I have tried this. Even switched wifi off on my router so PS4 was the only thing on the netw
  • urban2544
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LAN connect, i had issues with lag until i switched
  • Banko73
    You mean switch router or internet provider?
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same thing started a few days ago. I thought my controller was broken at first. Wired connection, reset controllers, router, blah, blah... It's maddeningly inconsistent. Rotation is way off either jumping or sluggish when rotating/strafing and gunfights have been a stutter with either them or me dropping dead while missing the middle part of the fight. Plugged controllers into PC to check them and they are fine, no problems on other games either.
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only just thought of this now with seeing this post but yeh somethings not quite right and I felt a delay of somekind when aiming, only really prominent last night so I will see what gwan tonight, hopefully it was server/connection.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TG_JAZZY wrote: »
    Only just thought of this now with seeing this post but yeh somethings not quite right and I felt a delay of somekind when aiming, only really prominent last night so I will see what gwan tonight, hopefully it was server/connection.

was thinking the same, I even said to my squad it feel like my control are in custard, sluggish aiming, it felt like either the acceleration was off or it was input lag

• Banko73
    It may seem odd but I think that the sound option has an impact. When I output sound to hdmi and my sourround headset isn't connected I have no problem.
    When my headset is connected buy switched OFF. or I try to sound output using digital(optical) the problem occours.
    Will try again later today and see if it still a problem
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I mentioned this in another post, but my PS4 never auto updated the system update to 4.55, I found that and updated while looking in safe mode for issues. Also went back into safe mode and did whatever PS4 calls the defrag. Haven't tested in game yet, but the menus on the PS4 home screen were noticeably snappier.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TG_JAZZY wrote: »

I was having the same thing last night. Started thinking I needed to bump my sensitivity up. But then I wondered why after all these months, it suddenly felt so sluggish.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tansho wrote: »
    I mentioned this in another post, but my PS4 never auto updated the system update to 4.55, I found that and updated while looking in safe mode for issues. Also went back into safe mode and did whatever PS4 calls the defrag. Haven't tested in game yet, but the menus on the PS4 home screen were noticeably snappier.

Thanks for the info. I just looked and had the same update waiting. I was also unaware of the defrag so I went ahead and did that. Funny the defrag took less than a minute to do. Guess I didn't have a lot to defrag LOL Hope these changes will make a difference next time I play
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    also probably worth mentioning, when I was getting these sluggish controls, I checked the netgraph, tick rate was 30hz but server tick 11-15hz, some the server was running half the updates it was suppose too

could probably explain the issue, if it happens again it's worth checking yourself self