Bayonet Charge broken and disappointing

RelativeMadness
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So, I've seen a few other threads about the charge not working. I figured if there are enough people talking about it, devs might do something about it. We'll see.

Top of a flight of narrow stairs in windmill. Charge at guy running up stairs, I deflect to the left of him (his right) and I keep charging down stairs till I hit a wall. He turns around and melee kills me.

My mind is full of rage and confusion as I watch the sort of kill cam following your death.

Normally missing with bayonet charge doesn't bug me.

I think this just shows the darker side of quality of the game. You can do everything right and plan it and have every advantage, but still fail. And I think that is a total screw you to players everywhere.

It's results like these that make trying to enjoy bf1 difficult. Because I am trying to enjoy the game. I think it's got great potential, and the hype was founded and deserved. But crap like that bayonet charge just makes me cringe with frustration for game mechanics.

Comments

• Vedzitas_LT
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyway bayonet charge is for bots
  • MISFITSWITCH
    423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you miss one guy and its broken? Do you know what lag is? You might have just missed him. The bayonet charge is a joke anyway. You should not be able to rush around stairs and corners and if anyone is in the way its a auto kill. This is one of the stupidest things put into a BF game. I love how people love to bash this game and act like other online games work so much better.
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bayonet charge is hilarious ! Especially when they miss & go running round screaming...
  • TrailMix1975
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So, I've seen a few other threads about the charge not working. I figured if there are enough people talking about it, devs might do something about it.

Hopefully remove it completely.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 1 is designed to lower the skill gap between a good player and an average scrub. It is an intentional decision. Random bullet deviation, supression, bayonet charge or other broken mechanics will never be fixed.
  • RelativeMadness
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    You might have just missed him. The bayonet charge is a joke anyway. You should not be able to rush around stairs and corners and if anyone is in the way its a auto kill. This is one of the stupidest things put into a BF game. I love how people love to bash this game and act like other online games work so much better.

I won't explain what I already have since I doubt trying to make it anymore simpler than it already is will be enough. The fact of the matter is, bayonet charge is broken, or in some way, not optimal, even under the best of circumstances. Literally played chicken with enemy and the railings on both sides of the stairs would have prevented me from missing.
    Post edited by RelativeMadness on
  • rothbardian253
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Battlefield 1 is designed to lower the skill gap between a good player and an average scrub. It is an intentional decision. Random bullet deviation, supression, bayonet charge or other broken mechanics will never be fixed.

Anyone who mentions "random bullet deviation" regarding this game is an idiot who watches too many idiot YouTube videos and is hereby forbidden to ever comment on this game again. So long.