Weekly BF

Report player emblem

Comments

• Tullzter
    1115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    McBaffel wrote: »
    20Pizza88 wrote: »
    I have mixed thoughts about it.. i dont like **** but i love history and they are part of it so as long as it is historical correct i think we should see it as it was. But i cant even write the german 1940 dictators name but i bet the name napoleon is no problem? So somehow its strange..

There are very distinct diffrences between **** and most other dictators. You know the fact that he litterally build factories to kill people.

Yes he did, but so did **** and Mao
  • Tullzter
    1115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Damn didn't know that $tA1in was a banned word nowadays
  • Baasdreumes
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have mixed thoughts about it.. i dont like **** but i love history and they are part of it so as long as it is historical correct i think we should see it as it was. But i cant even write the german 1940 dictators name but i bet the name napoleon is no problem? So somehow its strange..

There are very distinct diffrences between **** and most other dictators. You know the fact that he litterally build factories to kill people.

Yeah i know its horrific what they did but it makes other dictators no better. Napoleon wasted his army in egypt and russia and he.s a great general and what about romans oh how great their conquering of europe was destroying civilisations wiping out villages torturing millions i.m just saying if it happend in history they should teach about it without changing things we dont like about it. Its not as if it didnt happen if we look the other way it happend because people looked the other way..
  • McBaffel
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017

Yeah i know its horrific what they did but it makes other dictators no better. Napoleon wasted his army in egypt and russia and he.s a great general and what about romans oh how great their conquering of europe was destroying civilisations wiping out villages torturing millions i.m just saying if it happend in history they should teach about it without changing things we dont like about it. Its not as if it didnt happen if we look the other way it happend because people looked the other way..

Hey I will never call for changing facts in history. That doesn't mean we should accept them out of context in everyday life. (what emblems are)
    Tullzter wrote: »

As far as I know they build working camps with awefull conditions in which a lot of people died. While repulsive and somewhat of a deadsentence these camps where workingcamps. Some of the camps in ww2 actually where build to kill people. See the nuance? Peoole die in workingcamps because abisymal treatment or people going to a camp dying because they where sent there to be murdered.

If I am incorrect please do say so. (preferably with a link) This way I can further educate myself end become less and less ignorant.
  • Baasdreumes

Hey I will never call for changing facts in history. That doesn't mean we should accept them out of context in everyday life. (what emblems are)

I agree but my point to make is more that im afraid that 16 yo childs wearing swastika.s need attention we need to talk with such children so we can teach them why they should choose to no longer wear it. Therefore i think its not always good to forbid sometimes you need to see it happening so you can adres and correct them. Would be a shame if there are hundreds of kiddo.s wearing swastika.s and we only forbid it so we dont have to see it..
  • Tullzter
    You are not incorrect, although the Gulag was terrible it wasn't labelled "death camp" and Mao just starved 50 Million Chinese to death due to collectivizing farms

• MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I would like to know, from a moderator, or even from a dev, is why no one does nothing on the subject.
    The ingame chats are full of racist and **** comments and insults. The most common word in these chat is "nig°er", is "je°ish", "****°ot", and an infinite lists of insults and bad words. People go around with emblems that are outlaws in the same country they're playing in and they belong to.
    Is the BF game above the laws? Are these people free to do what in our society is outlaw? Is anyone caring about all those who died to help the world to get rid of those "ideals"???
    Why EA and DICE do not put a simple filter that avoid anyone to write or comment in such ways? Private servers did have that in BF4. Even a simple bad word was giving you a warning, and then a kick.
    Why should I allow my children to play in a game where the laws are not respected? Why such an enviroment, mostly for kids and young minds, is allowed to be full of such people and words?
    Is there a law that say that in a young minds enviroment those kind of words and comments are not allowed and has to be punished?
    Why do you allow "naz°st" and "homoph°bes" to express their outlawìs ideas???
    I personally report so many emblems referring to the svastika, but I keep seeing them around, chatting freely about their hate towards "black" people, jewish, muslims and so on....
    Why???
    Can anyone answer me?

You mention laws being broken. What laws specifically? As far as I know (at least here in the USA) there are no laws against the use of profanity or racist symbols. These things might be in poor taste but are protected by freedom of speech. I know Dice tries to keep offensive emblems out of the game but its an ongoing battle to find them and eliminate them. As for profanity, your going to need to keep your kids locked up in your home and off the internet and off of TV because its everywhere. Better to teach them what's tasteful and how to deal with profanity when they hear it; because they will hear it.

Eu plays this game to? Are you so illiterzte considering your knowledge about the world you didn't know half the world has swastikas, rascism and hatespeach outlawed? Have you been living under a rock?

Now I as an eu citizen think this is the one and only thing usa does better then eu.

Can't help thinking you're being overly harsh to @forkbeard on that point. It's country specific as far as I know and being in the EU (at least for two more years until the UK leaves) I had to check if they were illegal or not in the U.K.

It was a question, qualified by the mention of the US specifically.

Whilst I don't condone use of this stuff, my values are different to those of others, which I accept. I just choose to not associate myself with anyone who uses them. I completely understand your feelings against them though, just that diverse cultures will always be that: diverse.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Oh look, more threads of some idiot defending the use if a swastika. It's simple...no body on BF1 is using it as a Hindu symbol. They have it displayed exactly as a [email protected] flag.

Hijacked or not, it's now a symbol of hate, racism, and genocide. It's been banned and made illegal in many countries. Read the ToS, of the game or this forum...it forbids it. If you use the whole snowflake argument, you're just an uneducated idiot.

End of story....
  • Baasdreumes
    No its not end of story as it is clearly not if children wear swastika its not enough for out gaming community to forbid it and to say the parents must solve it. The parents are not on this battlefield we are responsoble to speak and teach and we may never hide when we see it if germany goes blitz a 3d time we cant say we saw the signs we forbid it and took 0 action in teaching.

Ea dice you make war games its a small thing to put in a explanation of historie when your online children wear swastikas.
  • McBaffel

I agree but my point to make is more that im afraid that 16 yo childs wearing swastika.s need attention we need to talk with such children so we can teach them why they should choose to no longer wear it. Therefore i think its not always good to forbid sometimes you need to see it happening so you can adres and correct them. Would be a shame if there are hundreds of kiddo.s wearing swastika.s and we only forbid it so we dont have to see it..

The exact reason why I don't report them.

JayPeee71 wrote: »
    What I would like to know, from a moderator, or even from a dev, is why no one does nothing on the subject.
    The ingame chats are full of racist and **** comments and insults. The most common word in these chat is "nig°er", is "je°ish", "****°ot", and an infinite lists of insults and bad words. People go around with emblems that are outlaws in the same country they're playing in and they belong to.
    Is the BF game above the laws? Are these people free to do what in our society is outlaw? Is anyone caring about all those who died to help the world to get rid of those "ideals"???
    Why EA and DICE do not put a simple filter that avoid anyone to write or comment in such ways? Private servers did have that in BF4. Even a simple bad word was giving you a warning, and then a kick.
    Why should I allow my children to play in a game where the laws are not respected? Why such an enviroment, mostly for kids and young minds, is allowed to be full of such people and words?
    Is there a law that say that in a young minds enviroment those kind of words and comments are not allowed and has to be punished?
    Why do you allow "naz°st" and "homoph°bes" to express their outlawìs ideas???
    I personally report so many emblems referring to the svastika, but I keep seeing them around, chatting freely about their hate towards "black" people, jewish, muslims and so on....
    Why???
    Can anyone answer me?

You mention laws being broken. What laws specifically? As far as I know (at least here in the USA) there are no laws against the use of profanity or racist symbols. These things might be in poor taste but are protected by freedom of speech. I know Dice tries to keep offensive emblems out of the game but its an ongoing battle to find them and eliminate them. As for profanity, your going to need to keep your kids locked up in your home and off the internet and off of TV because its everywhere. Better to teach them what's tasteful and how to deal with profanity when they hear it; because they will hear it.

Eu plays this game to? Are you so illiterzte considering your knowledge about the world you didn't know half the world has swastikas, rascism and hatespeach outlawed? Have you been living under a rock?

Now I as an eu citizen think this is the one and only thing usa does better then eu.

Can't help thinking you're being overly harsh to @forkbeard on that point. It's country specific as far as I know and being in the EU (at least for two more years until the UK leaves) I had to check if they were illegal or not in the U.K.

It was a question, qualified by the mention of the US specifically.

Whilst I don't condone use of this stuff, my values are different to those of others, which I accept. I just choose to not associate myself with anyone who uses them. I completely understand your feelings against them though, just that diverse cultures will always be that: diverse.

Agreed. I allways asume that people are interestee in how other countries view this, I shouldn't make that assumption.

@Forkbeard84 My apologied for beeing so harsh! This was wrong of me. You seem to be a nice guy so you absolutly did not deserve that.
  • McBaffel
    No its not end of story as it is clearly not if children wear swastika its not enough for out gaming community to forbid it and to say the parents must solve it. The parents are not on this battlefield we are responsoble to speak and teach and we may never hide when we see it if germany goes blitz a 3d time we cant say we saw the signs we forbid it and took 0 action in teaching.

Ea dice you make war games its a small thing to put in a explanation of historie when your online children wear swastikas.

Exactly why I dislike how threads like these ge closed down. While most of it is actually quite educational.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's not EA's responsibility to explain it. That's what parents need to do. If a child gets his account banned for doing something against the ToS it will be a learning experience for him that you can't do stupid and insensitive things.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    it's quite simple

it's represents hate, racism, xenophobia, h.o.m.ophobia and is antisemitic

that has no place in any format.

you think it's OK to be in the game as an emblem, you're either a troll or an idiot, just like the person using it. and you deserve to be banned and removed from the game for having it as an emblem
  • McBaffel
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

It's not EA's responsibility to explain it. That's what parents need to do. If a child gets his account banned for doing something against the ToS it will be a learning experience for him that you can't do stupid and insensitive things.

Yes I agree currently this is not ea/dice their job.
    But I think we all (ea dice us all other games all other companies all other people) have the obligation as a society to teach them.

I think the end of the age of political correctness has shown to not work at the core. Yes a lot of people stopped saying stupid things but they never stopped believing them.

They didn't say those things because an authority has deemed it wrong to say.
    This while they should have been thought to think and this way understand it's wrong to say those things. And this is only possible through conversation and discussion not through punishment alone.

Just my 2 cents. You may disagree. Just think this opinion is relevant to the ever ongoing discusion about these embems.
  • PackersDK
    775 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    The swastika has been around for 12 thousand years and is a symbol for religion in the east as well as a symbol of good luck or good fortune.. It is in the eye of the beholder domains uneducated from a certain part of the world would see it as offe sive.. But outhers see beyond that and see it for what it truly is
    . if u ban the swastika u must ban the hMmer and cicle. Communisim killed hundreds of millions with the dude in russia.. Cant say his name or the dude in china. Or korea. Shouldnt be biast. If you ban everything offensive.. There will be nothing left.. In a game wherw u can literally bash someone in the neck with a pick axe.. I find it hilarious people get **** about symbols that offend them. Sad to see sjws and pc zombies have taken over video games which was once the last free form we had

Posts like this pop up every time this is discussed. Muddled and confussed.

It has meant something else, yes. Keyword here is has. Symbols change meaning over time! It is really that simple. You can't ignore the last 80 years of European history because it was carved into a figurine 12,000 years ago.

Society is not about to "ban everything" leaving nothing left - it's Dice' game, and they don't want it. Btw it is almost exclusively tilted black swastikas in a white cirkle, on red background, that you see in online gaming.

I really don't now why I'm trying to talk sense to a person who thinks "video games was once the last free form we had" and talks about other people being un-educated.
  • Tullzter
    It's a matter of timeline, WW2 is still pretty fresh in human history, take the Crusaders for example, we make games about them, we glorify their history, use their crests in games even though they have slaughtered a pretty decent amount of people.

WW2 is barely over, it's horrors still fresh in our minds, 72 years is nothing in "human" history if you will..i'm guessing that in 200, 300, 400 years, the [email protected] will become almost part of folklore. WW2 will barely be taught in history class
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I learned a great deal about National Socialism from a grandfather that toured a concentration camp while serving in the US Army and from a friend's grandmother that survived in one for two years. Maybe the edgy little kids using [email protected] emblems need some time banned so they have more time to go read a book about all of it since most have no exposure to people that witnessed these things directly. I try to blame ignorance not malice.
  • HuwJarz
    3931 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »

Trolling idiot. We are not seeing many Chinese or Russian hate symbols though are we? These are displayed mainly by immature kids who think it is funny. The same type of kids that think it is hilarious to have a picture of genitalia as an emblem.

Its not funny, its just the behaviour of idiots that have no decorum or grace.

Both are against the term of service and both are offensive to normal people. End of story.

For the record, I continue to report them every time I see them and I'm proud of it.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Both are against the term of service and both are offensive to normal people. End of story.

For the record, I continue to report them every time I see them and I'm proud of it.

Well, Thank you for helping keep our community clean! :)

• UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel that.. as bad as swastikas meaning are and how disrespectful some emblems may be to specific people... your playing a rated M game and disrespect is part of life, they probably don't even know they're being offensive if they don't even know what war the swastika was in. Ignore them and play on tbh, giving them attention will spread a fire
This discussion has been closed.