Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Will there ever be a Balance Pass for Behemoths?

ProAssassin2003
952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited April 21
There desperately needs to be a Balance patch for Behemoths. The Char C seems alright but the Train, and Hot Air Balloon needs some love. Buffs not Nerfs. Adjustments to everything even when they get deployed.

The Blimp is dying literally 2 Minutes after it Spawns with no effect on Anything. Just Eye Candy. And don't give me no stories about how you spent whole match in the Blimp capturing Flags against Brain Dead Teams. If a Team has any competent players it dies Faster then it Spawns. Same with the Train.

Comments

• olavafar
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Normally I agree with you but here I'm note sure. Often enough (I do not expect/want it to be too often actually) these turn the tides or at least makes a round more even. Mostly the losing team are just hopelessly bad and then it does not really matter. I would not like it to be so that the team that is just slightly better loses due to the Behemoths, which I think is already the case sometimes. This is typically when it enters around 500-600 tickets into the game because one team managed to hold one more flag for a while and keep it with grenade spamming and mortars. Then comes the Behemoth and for the rest of the match it is more or less the opposite scenario.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Out of the hundreds of games of Conquest i've played, the Behemoth has changed the outcome TWICE. Once on Argonne and once i think on Amiens. At best they last 5 mins like the Blimps sometimes do and at worst all they do is 'artificially' prolong a game. In operations however i can see their usefullness, though i think they should be a last battalion help only.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 21
    Absolutely not. If behemoths are being destroyed that quickly, it's because teamwork is focused on them to get them out of the way. If your team is so bad their behemoths are being destroyed that quickly, then too bad. The fact they are even in the game is pretty ridiculous. It rewards poor performance. It has proven you can't help an inept team no matter how OP something may be.
  • gamingwithlofty
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I play CQ most of the time and i can’t remember a single game in which the behemoth has turned the tide, if anything my team only benefits as they sacrifice a min of 4 people to man it and another 5 sitting in the spawn screen waiting to jump in, by the time (if the driver either bothers to move) they make it to the battle we cap the majority of the bases and everyone just focuses on the behemoth, which lasts 5 minutes.

My biggest problem as mentioned earlier is the driver, I think next behemoth (hopefully the Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI Bomber) should be very limited to control and should have more rails, even more than the train, as I have completely lost faith in players, you would have though at this point in the game they would have learned no?
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BanyanTree wrote: »
    I'd rather they just removed them altogether. They serve no meaningful purpose. They're just marketing trailer features.

This^.

They're great gimmicks for Operations, but I feel like DICE spit in my face by pointless bloating Conquest with them.
  • smys123
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd rather every soldier get a horse - that would shift the tide of battle as the behemoth is intended to do. 32 cavalry would be hard to kill and probably hilarious fun.
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    3406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The problem is that most drivers are 50 types of hot garbage left out in the sun to bake for a month while the pile tooks getting larger and larger.
    A good one can literally win the match with as large as a point difference as 500.
  • olavafar
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    smys123 wrote: »
    I'd rather every soldier get a horse - that would shift the tide of battle as the behemoth is intended to do. 32 cavalry would be hard to kill and probably hilarious fun.

I think that is an interesting idea, would like to see that as an experiment.

In contrary to most posts above I have seen many games where the Behemoth has turned the game. By far not the majority, but still many. Then vene more the game has at least not stayed a spawn lock in for the whole round, so not really a turn but still keeping a lost game at least interesting even if the outcome might be more or less determined as comeback seems much harder with the BF1 ticket system (compared to the BF4 one).
  • seand172
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    32 cavalary sounds like a brilliant idea, would be funny to see.
  • l_water_l
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    seand172 wrote: »

Only if a large percentage of them started at the same time. A trickle of horses wouldn't be fun, they need to have a unified charge.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cavalry only mode would be fun. Or heck even a no tanks/planes, 4x cav + infantry mode would be fun.
  • von_Campenstein
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There desperately needs to be a Balance patch for Behemoths. The Char C seems alright but the Train, and Hot Air Balloon needs some love. Buffs not Nerfs. Adjustments to everything even when they get deployed.

The Blimp is dying literally 2 Minutes after it Spawns with no effect on Anything. Just Eye Candy. And don't give me no stories about how you spent whole match in the Blimp capturing Flags against Brain Dead Teams. If a Team has any competent players it dies Faster then it Spawns. Same with the Train.

Blimp is worthless on Monte Grappa, too close to ground or whatnot or just the amount of AA and the train in Argonne is taken out so easily from behind cover. I'd imagine the 3 fortress guns on Empires Edge isn't good for that dread either but on Suez, Fao and to some degree Amiens the behemoth can do well. I think they need to balance them map specifically.
  • Callahan44er
    4150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Horse battles are often just completely dumb with horses jumping over each other etc...32 cavalry sounds like a complete mess of silly moments and stupid kills. Would play it sometimes lol.
  • boutneus
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No buffs are needed. Bad drivers growing some brain cells is needed, but that's beyond DICEs control
  • von_Campenstein
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Horse battles are often just completely dumb with horses jumping over each other etc...32 cavalry sounds like a complete mess of silly moments and stupid kills. Would play it sometimes lol.

Imagine your 32 guys going Assault and laying down mines prior. Roll camera for the flying horsemen. B)
  • Trokey66
    3746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 21
    The ONLY 'buff' I would like.to see is to prevent getting sniped out the Airship.

Other than that, all is good in my opinion.

Another thought: Disable Gondolars rather than destroy them.

These would bring the Airship in line with other Behemoths.
  • WisconsinBadger
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bad drivers but also bad support weapon use. I shake my head every time I see guys successfully running up to the train with dynamite or easily attacking the battleship with torpedo boats. The people on the close support guns need to pay attention too!
  • lh20122012
    Bad drivers but also bad support weapon use. I shake my head every time I see guys successfully running up to the train with dynamite or easily attacking the battleship with torpedo boats. The people on the close support guns need to pay attention too!

It's ridiculous easy for ONE tp boat to take out the dread.
  • von_Campenstein
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    The ONLY 'buff' I would like.to see is to prevent getting sniped out the Airship.

Other than that, all is good in my opinion.

Another thought: Disable Gondolars rather than destroy them.

These would bring the Airship in line with other Behemoths.

Why not an arms race, put optical scopes on the blimp MGs.