In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Loading game takes forever

13»

Comments

• Lex-pas
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Binkoben wrote: »
    K here it goes.
    ever since the Big November update my games takes forever to load. takes 5 minutes to load origin in game. the game itself wont load pictures, icons, menus, and wont connect me to EA online for about an hour of waiting. Also when i quit the game im stuck in a black loading screen and game doesnt fully shut down, i tried waiting it out for about an hour and it was still stuck in the same black loading screen. im having no internet issues, i tried reinstalling bf1 and i reinstalled origin and still no progress, i also updated my graphics driver to the latest and that still didnt fix it. Keep in mind before the update my game ran fine, no issues. Oh, and the game is installed on my SSD

EXACTLY the same for me - downloaded a few days after black friday - 1 or 2 days it worked fine and now it takas about 20 minutes JUST for the icons on the menu screen. Oh and this is IF it doesn't crash with DX error {back to DX11 and trying to repair now]
    BUT THIS IS WORSE THAN THE BF4 **** - At least I could get into a menu.
    Genuinly hate Dice/Ea or at least NO respect whatsoever - same story time and time again :(
  • AgentUnknown1
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah this game loads much faster on an SSD. I got a 120GB one, you could get one for $50 with PNY. They are becoming almost a dime a dozen. I paid $200 for a 500GB SSD that I sold and it's now $150.
  • Lex-pas
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OK, so a repair worked for me through origin - 104mb's of corrupt. Game is still far from stable
  • Stonker99
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I see this is still an issue. Just taken me 8 minutes. Not acceptable really
  • Stonker99
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NabilH wrote: »
    loads in seconds with a samsung 950 pro nvme m.2 drive. its not the game its your hardware that sucks.

Incorrect. This isn't a hardware issue. The game loads quickly, waiting to join a game takes forever. there is no activity on the HD light. Your bragging is irrelevant.
  • saarb737
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    till today it loaded very fast (i use regualar hard drive) nobody said in the system reqeustments that i need an ssd.
    but today from about an hour ago the game stuck on the lading screen!!!!!!!!! what to do?
  • phantomsneaker
    anyone got this fixed?
    Played the whole day without any problems, now the loading screen after selecting a server goes on forever!
  • Callmelateron911
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Advanced3 wrote: »
    I load of an SSD in seconds. Its kinda pointless to have a gaming PC without one.

It's not only about the ssd, so funny.
  • smokinbones
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Very disappointed....purposely waited till middle of January to purchase hoping to avoid stuff like this. Installed game an hour ago and haven't been able to join yet. Was hoping developers had their act together on this one.
  • pwfe
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    a bit late but I found a solution, you need to repair the game on Origin client, I try this method last night and it's work.
  • SptZ-PredatorRD
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nooo i solve it just reinstalling windows and the game again...haha just take about 10 seconds to load between maps..
  • ClaytonDixie
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is still an issue (loading game forever). Also I get the black screen and put in maps I filtered out of with no way of backing out too. Further, I get put into empty games too. I have high speed internet and a brand new bf1 edition xbox S with 1TB. I'm a bit frustrated as I bought premium too.
  • ClaytonDixie
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm leaning toward never buying a Dice game again. I just don't know how all the youtube guys don't ever bring this stuff up since they are huge and glaring defects in the game that have not been addressed.
  • Loqtrall
    8093 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm leaning toward never buying a Dice game again. I just don't know how all the youtube guys don't ever bring this stuff up since they are huge and glaring defects in the game that have not been addressed.

Because all of those YouTubers are running the game off of SSDs.

I play on Xbone and got an external HDD and it decreased my loading time in games, especially BETWEEN matches in BF1.

An SSD would do any PC player with load times some justic.
  • Rev0verDrive
    5923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Because all of those YouTubers are running the game off of SSDs.

I play on Xbone and got an external HDD and it decreased my loading time in games, especially BETWEEN matches in BF1.

An SSD would do any PC player with load times some justic.

Or you could get a velociraptor drive. It's what I use and I'm generally either first in or in the first 5..map dependent. Also, April's update is suppose to include a Fix for the issue that would make map loading times longer than necessary.

Optimizing your PC helps too. Stop non-essential services and programs etc. DEFRAGGING your HDD's on a regular helps quite a bit. Cleaning your registry as well.
    PC performance has a large impact on games...regardless of your high end specs.
  • Grenadeh
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 20
    Some games take upwards of 30 seconds to load even with my Evo 850. It's not my internet, either. I've literally been waiting for one right now for over a minute. i7-6700k @ 4.6 ghz, GTX1080, evo 850, 32 gb ddr4-3200, everything liquid cooled and running chill, it isn't my computer.
  • Rev0verDrive
    5923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Grenadeh wrote: »
    Some games take upwards of 30 seconds to load even with my Evo 850. It's not my internet, either. I've literally been waiting for one right now for over a minute. i7-6700k @ 4.6 ghz, GTX1080, evo 850, 32 gb ddr4-3200, everything liquid cooled and running chill, it isn't my computer.

load times have nothing to do with internet.
    The retail version has an issue that slows map loading. The current CTE build has the fix running. It's slated for this month's retail update (April 25th).
  • D5RAT
    990 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Having the game on a hard drive it takes a long time.

Hard drive first time map load takes 1-2min
    If it's been loaded already within the past like few hours, it loads in under a min.

With a m.2 ssd any map loads in under 20 sec lmao.
    Its not a game load he has a problem with its getting into multiplayer , sounds more like connection issue . SSd's are great but even a HDD isn't going to take an hour to load BF1.