The Defend the Frontlines Mission rewards will be deployed on August 21st. Thanks for your patience.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

I can't seem to hear enemy footstepts. What audio setting you guys using??

2»

Comments

• research-kitchen
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mine works fine 7.1 kraken
  • lucidstorm
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    google it, there is on internet, works rather well but with explosions and stuff you won't hear much also there is no diff between high and low so enemy can be heard 360 perimeter but you can't distinguish if it's first floor or basement
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 18
    This has been an on going issue from the start..

Dice will never fix the foot step sounds. The problem with foot steps is that it creates a back log of hackusations that Dice does not want to deal with. For example, if foot steps worked as they did in previous Battlefield games and the person that is tracking you gets killed because you suddenly snap turn to them or wait for them you will be accused of hacking. Dice then has to deal with the endless amount of hackusations all because of foot steps. The best way to deal with this problem is to remove them and the problem is alleviated.

This issue has been brought up several times and not once has Dice responded so its clear this is there intention.
  • crazy-aussie75
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If this was their intention why wouldn't they just say that then ?

I have Logitech G 533 and i've tried various settings but there seems to be a dead spot in the audio directly behind. Maybe i'll keep trying different combinations.

I seem to remember this being an issue in BF4 as well. How come some people seem to be able to hear 360 degrees sounds and others do not ?

Was going to try another brand having had the G 430 for a couple of years but the reviews said the G 533 had the one of the best surround audio setups on the market , so i stuck with Logitech.
  • nuker0ck
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hear footsep really well, other times theres enemies charging and they dont even make a peep.
  • smys123
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Curious if the sound complaints are for console players? I am on PC and the only sound complaint is the planes are silent flyers unless they get really low. I can hear the bombs whistle fine, but not the planes. As an infantry on the ground, hearing the engine would be helpful. Other than that everything sounds pretty good. - I am on the default sound settings and have a speaker set.
  • Sixclicks
    1479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 21
    I currently use the War Tapes setting. The only volume I've adjusted is the overall volume so that I could hear people over the game better in Discord.

My headset is the Turtle Beach Elite Pro which is connected to an Astro A40 mixamp which connects to my PC via an optical cable.

I hear footsteps just fine and often use them to track enemies. The only thing that I generally can't hear for some reason is when someone is doing a bayonet charge. For whatever reason it seems like it doesn't even make any sound sometimes.
  • smys123
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I currently use the War Tapes setting. The only volume I've adjusted is the overall volume so that I could hear people over the game better in Discord.

My headset is the Turtle Beach Elite Pro which is connected to an Astro A40 mixamp which connects to my PC via an optical cable.

I hear footsteps just fine and often use them to track enemies.

Can you hear plane engines on a regular basis? That is the only problem I am having. I have a 7.1 surround sound on a beats audio sound card...
  • bran1986
    2309 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I use the turtle beach earforce and have no problems hearing footsteps
  • HardAimedKid
    9311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I use war tapes. Hear ever damn thing in the game, except the enemy tank that is 4 feet behind me.. lol
  • bran1986
    2309 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I use war tapes. Hear ever damn thing in the game, except the enemy tank that is 4 feet behind me.. lol

Horses have been trained by ninjas it seems.
  • Sixclicks
    1479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 21
    smys123 wrote: »

Can you hear plane engines on a regular basis? That is the only problem I am having. I have a 7.1 surround sound on a beats audio sound card...

Well, I haven't played any of the larger game modes much lately, so I can't say for sure. But I'm pretty sure I don't hear plane engines until their essentially right above me. I might play some Conquest this weekend, so I'll find out then.

The footsteps I can hear aren't loud or anything. If I'm sprinting around full speed or shooting then they can be pretty hard to hear.
  • smys123
    smys123 wrote: »

Well, I haven't played any of the larger game modes much lately, so I can't say for sure. But I'm pretty sure I don't hear plane engines until their essentially right above me. I might play some Conquest this weekend, so I'll find out then.

Ah, good deal. This has been my experience...let me know what you find out.
  • Sixclicks
    @smys123 I played some Conquest yesterday, and it was as I expected. Plane engines weren't noticeable until already nearly directly above me. I was trying to track a pilot through the fog that I was using my Martin-Henry against, but I could not hear where he was coming from at all until he was already visible through the fog. Which by then was basically right on top of me. Somehow I managed to keep surviving his bombing runs though. Footsteps and horses were still very audible for me though.
  • smys123
    @smys123 I played some Conquest yesterday, and it was as I expected. Plane engines weren't noticeable until already nearly directly above me. I was trying to track a pilot through the fog that I was using my Martin-Henry against, but I could not hear where he was coming from at all until he was already visible through the fog. Which by then was basically right on top of me. Somehow I managed to keep surviving his bombing runs though. Footsteps and horses were still very audible for me though.

awesome. Thanks @Sixclicks for letting me know. Confirmed again on my end on the 'silent' planes of doom as well.
  • RVDfor20
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kaliyl777 wrote: »
    I use wartapes, and hear footsteps, horses, birds chirping and dang near everything else.

Strange... because it's a known fact that war tapes In bf1 is god awful. Haha. It washes out bf1 sounds like crazy. Bad company 2 through bf4 had the best war tapes. If that's what u like in bf1 then cool. But I DO NOT advise people using that setting. It's trash in this game

I used wartapes for every BF game until bf1. Set it to wartapes automatically out of habit at first but have since switched to Headphones/Stereo, which I think sounds better. That BC2 audio though... I'd sell my soul if we could have that in BF1. ... I wish I could turn off friendly footsteps and why does it sound like we're all wearing high heels indoors? Can't wait for Dolby Atmos, sounds like it could be very interesting.
  • Clovis559
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 1
    PC . Yamaha RX-760. 4x Klipsch RP-280F, 1x RP-250C, 2x RP-140SA, R-112SW.
    Atmos 5.1.2

Everything sounds amazing. No missing sounds, bullets whizzing overhead. The in game Atmos support really does it for me.
  • sSphInXx13
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought it was just me. BF4 was better for sound then. Not a huge issue for me but at least other people have had the same experience!