In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Spotflare bonus

2»

Comments

• hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    hawcer wrote: »
    10-Kier wrote: »
    Oh god... if spot flares get more points... My SPM would spike up so high.

If you are good then you deserve it.

I'd outscore good medics.

.....and the problem with that is?

I'd never have a reason to play medic.

The reason should be because you want to...not because it can net gain you more points. at least that's how I see it.

I only care about coming in first for points.
    Highest points should also be a spotlight.

You got me there...I'm not a points chaser.
    My youngest son constantly checks the scoreboard making sure he's near or on top...drives me nuts,lol.
  • Syzzix
    3638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The reason should be because you want to...not because it can net gain you more points. at least that's how I see it.

My youngest son constantly checks the scoreboard making sure he's near or on top...drives me nuts,lol.

If I dont have at least a 2000 point lead, I'm not playing well enough.
  • IllIllIII
    3177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

For me the points kinda tell me how i did that round.
  • Callahan44er
    4158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it is okay like it is.
  • smys123
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I haven't paid attention, if you shoot someone with the spot flare and they catch fire and die, do you get a spot flair bonus on that?
  • Syzzix
    3638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    smys123 wrote: »
    I haven't paid attention, if you shoot someone with the spot flare and they catch fire and die, do you get a spot flair bonus on that?

No. But you will on an assist counts as kill.
  • IllIllIII
    3177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

If they die by the fire of the flare you get a kill but no spotbonus.
  • olavafar
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Nah, it is kind of a low risk thing to do so the risk-reward is kind of balanced I think. When you get many 'hits' and your team is aggressive, you will get quite many points. If you do it just to find the person hiding at a flag, the reward is the kill (or should be if you do not let anybody else beat you to it :) .)

If anything repair should be boosted as it often is a high risk operation, currently with very little reward point wise.
  • IllIllIII
    Nah, it is kind of a low risk thing to do so the risk-reward is kind of balanced I think. When you get many 'hits' and your team is aggressive, you will get quite many points. If you do it just to find the person hiding at a flag, the reward is the kill (or should be if you do not let anybody else beat you to it :) .)

If anything repair should be boosted as it often is a high risk operation, currently with very little reward point wise.

And what risk er there for resupply and nedkit?
    Don't even have to reload and you have them unlimited .
  • B0ng0_Banger
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    it should give you points for just the spot too. like 5 points per enemy spotted.
  • IllIllIII
    B0ng0420 wrote: »
    it should give you points for just the spot too. like 5 points per enemy spotted.

Nice idea.
  • gamingwithlofty
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah agreed that this would be good to make more scouts PTFO a bit more but my score would rocket, my SPM is already at 698.31 putting me in the top 3%, but my support score is 720.66 and thats only 11%
  • olavafar
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @IllIllIII The risk of throwing med packs and ammo can of course vary a great deal. You can do it safely if you want but generally it is tasks performed closer to 'the front' than shooting spotting flares (which is of course in line with the scout role in general but still). The most risky thing about the spot flares I generally find is to chase up a support soldier and get him to throw a crate so I can get new ones. You can also spot with the other gadget (I have used it so little I forgot the name) and that one never runs out either. I remember it to be very effective if you play sniper (I do not do that very much when playing the scout class).
  • Sixclicks
    1516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 21
    I would love to get more points for spotting flare assists. I do pretty well with the scout class, but it definitely earns less points than the other 3 infantry classes. I'd also really like it if there was a stat recorded for spot assists. It would be a decent way to tell how much a scout really contributes.

Here are my SPMs with each class. My overall SPM is currently 1035. Notice how I've played the scout class 9 hours longer than assault, yet I still don't have as many kills or as much points as I have with assault.

spm.png
  • Syzzix
    IllIllIII wrote: »

If they die by the fire of the flare you get a kill but no spotbonus.

Thats what I said, but you'll get the spot bonus and flare bonus if you get an assist counts as kill which is honestly just as good if not better for points.
  • IllIllIII
    @IllIllIII The risk of throwing med packs and ammo can of course vary a great deal. You can do it safely if you want but generally it is tasks performed closer to 'the front' than shooting spotting flares (which is of course in line with the scout role in general but still). The most risky thing about the spot flares I generally find is to chase up a support soldier and get him to throw a crate so I can get new ones. You can also spot with the other gadget (I have used it so little I forgot the name) and that one never runs out either. I remember it to be very effective if you play sniper (I do not do that very much when playing the scout class).

Dunno about you, but being in the fronlines is where i most of the time am.
    Just press 3 and withing 0.01 sec you have your crate/medpack..
  • ashar_saleem121
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    While I agree that spotting flares should net more points, I don't think trip wires should be OHK. Because if someone is camping up a building with one ladder, it would be impossible to get up there to kill them. For example on top of the fortress on empires edge.