In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Will Dice ever make a good infantry map?

13»

Comments

• bran1986
    2809 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    bearpatroI wrote: »
    SvenEcc wrote: »
    Argonne and fort de Vaux are cracking maps, you can go tonto on them :D

On pc the dlc servers are already dead. Would like to play some more fort de vaux but can't now. Everyone who paid for the season pass should be refunded. Feel scammed at this point.

I have been playing DLC maps almost daily since launch at 7 or 8 am in the morning and have no issues finding full conquest dlc maps.
  • Syzzix
    3638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

So Verdun heights.

Verun has that god awful C flag which compeltely destroys the experience because 100% of the time one team is camping inside and other team camps outside.

ALL maps will have one terrible flag.
  • lh20122012
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You could avoid grenade spam by eliminating the choke points, but the only way to do that is to have an open outdoors map that's fairly featureless so players are not funneled through any particular points.

They'd just spread out like ants probably resulting in flag musical chairs.

It'd also have to have enough cover to avoid sniper infestations.
  • baroncrovax
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    What does a "good" infantry map look like?

1. It must be a nonlinear map which means flags aren't placed in straight or almost straight line, so each round won't turn into campfest all the time.
    2. The map should be an outside map so you'll not get grenade spammed to death over and over again.
    3. There shouldn't be any sort of chokepoint flags so people will not camp around near it the whole round.
    4. The map shouldn't be really small or it will turn into a shotgun paradise. Neither it should be very big or it will be a perfect snipe ground.

Sounds like you want something like Amiens or Suez without tanks, which honestly doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

Personally the grenade spam is more of a server size issue rather than a map design issue in BF1.
  • SvenEcc
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'd class Amiens as a great infantry map also, I know it has tanks, but generally you can avoid these if you play smart, I'd love to see dice remove all tanks from Amiens if I'm being honest, I genuinely don't think the map needs them - C and D would be brilliant, both teams fighting backwards and forwards over them

My favourite map of the entire game

Fort De Vaux is my next favourite
  • HardAimedKid
    10127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Devils anvil OPs? Amazing.. also whatever the map is called for frontlines is amazing as well. Verdun heights is it?
  • bran1986
    2809 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Devils anvil OPs? Amazing.. also whatever the map is called for frontlines is amazing as well. Verdun heights is it?

Verdun Heights is the map with all the fire, the other map in that operation is Fort De Vaux.
  • HardAimedKid
    10127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeeaaaah love devils anvil and love frontlines on verdun heights
  • trip1ex
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    hawcer wrote: »
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Argonne is a great map. Not linear at all IMO. The problem is gamers think linear and very rarely use the outside of the map.

Suez is a cluster F basically because all the tanks and vehicles to straight up the middle. If you try to flank around outside it is completely wide open and you're sniper fodder.

I'm not fond of Fort because, as OP mentioned, it's an absolute frag fest with tunnel vision. There are flanking routes but squads trying to flank are always bottlenecked or shot in the back because of the spawning system.

I will give full props to Verdun though.

, they stand in the same place and throw grenades at each other. When I see this, I simply back out and go to another flag.

The same feeling I get When this is happening at C on Argonne. I just go "NOPE" and head to a different objective.

Exactly. There have been countless times where I pushed and broke through one of the flanking routes on C, just to realize no one else even tried and I'm left all alone behind enemy lines. People would rather stay in the flanks, and chuck grenades at each other to get cheap and easy kills.

And many times players are camping chokepts that don't even have enemies on the other end of them. IT's surprising how many times I blow past 3 or 4 friendlies camping a chokept and find that there is no one on the other side. Then sometimes it's just 1 enemy. And then if there are 2 or 3 enemies and I take out 1 or 2 of them, do those same friendlies advance and take out the rest? No. They let them all respawn, heal, revive, reload, etc.

• Zz_Nabu_zZ
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 21
    Need references to look back on. List me some good infantry maps that fit your criteria from any past BF game.

Grand Bazaar, Talah Market, Epicenter
    I really miss BF3 maps
    Even maps with vehicles like Azadi Palace or Sharqi Peninsula were awesome to play as infantry.
    Seine Crossing wasn't bad but a little bit easy to lock down
  • Ram1c
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Axis_Nabu wrote: »
    Need references to look back on. List me some good infantry maps that fit your criteria from any past BF game.

Grand Bazaar, Talah Market, Epicenter
    I really miss BF3 maps
    Even maps with vehicles like Azadi Palace or Sharqi Peninsula were awsome to play as infantry.
    Seine Crossing wasn't bad but a little bit easy to lock down

Metro, firestorm, Caspian border, and Tehran highway was one of my favorites. Not to mention the back to karkand dlc, strike at karkand, gulf Oman, Andrew one of my all time favorites wake island. I miss quality maps. :(
  • Mishkin37
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe it's the aesthetics, but I guess I never liked the infantry maps from BF3. They were very cluttered or something. But to be fair, I only played them on 32-player Xbox 360 servers.

In BF3, I really enjoyed Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, Kharg Island, Sharqi Penninsula, Alborz Mtn, and some of the Aftermath/Iranian earthquake maps. The only real infantry maps on this list are the Aftermath ones.