Weekly Debrief

Why people are quitting bf1 pc already..

Comments

• Gigabyte9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    If anybody is expecting the new COD to be anything like the older WW2 ones they will be bitterly disappointed.

In addition, the playerbase on PC is virtually gone. I doubt the game, even if it was great, would be able to attract and retain a significant amount of PC gamers.

Then there is a high chance that the PC version would be a huge afterthought which is poorly ported.
  • STOPchris
    549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because the game is ****.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Been playing on the PS4 lately. I don't know what is was after the "They Shall Not Pass" patch
    smoogelz wrote: »
    If anybody is expecting the new COD to be anything like the older WW2 ones they will be bitterly disappointed.

In addition, the playerbase on PC is virtually gone. I doubt the game, even if it was great, would be able to attract and retain a significant amount of PC gamers.

Then there is a high chance that the PC version would be a huge afterthought which is poorly ported.

On top of that,it's also being made by Sledgehammer. I would've liked it if it was done by Treyarch tbh.
  • -VA-Mustadio-
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Aim Assist mechanic is ruining it for PC gamers.
    DICE, If you are listening... Please set aside servers Aim Assist turned off. Although I have my Aim assist options turned off. Its not rewarding enough to know that everyone else has it turned on. There are already many random factors in this game. Aim assist is the last thing we need. In a traditional PC FPS with no auto assist of any kind, There are techniques to strafe articulately so to dodge opponent's aim by using WASD keys. Auto Assist removes this defensive option and it effects the entire gameplay overall. I would like to play and not get the feeling that I'm being auto locked on. since when does aiming have a homing ability? Please give us servers with Auto Aim Assist turned OFF permanently.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    COD rips off BF1's throwback and suddenly they are respectable again!
    Except, NO they aren't!

I'm sure, after 5 terribad ports to the PC, they'll get it RIGHT this time!

True.
  • LoneGunman74
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game blows hard. Horrible multiplayer experience. Spawn, die. Spawn, die. Repeat. Hey ****, I want my money back!!!
  • Denisa_Rowen
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The players shifted from PC to console, when it comes to FPS games, because of the cheaters.
    Cheaters on every damn fps out there, COD is infested, Battlefield , Arma , everywhere you look there are cheaters.
    Funny thing is that while more and more customers will move onto console, what will the cheaters do? Play among themselfes? Eventually if such low numbers and with so many PC configurations to consider, i think the big companies will drop the PC titles and just develop for console.What will the cheat sites do then, huh?
    They destroyed the PC fps gaming, it is more than clear now for everyone, but in the process they shot themselves on the foot also.

Btw i already purchased a PS4 and i play there my fps games, it is light and day difference, and frankly playing on a big screen has its advantages, and the graphics are quite nice also
    My PC will be used to play ES Online, WoW and other mmo and RPG games, but for shooting games, console all the way.
  • Gigabyte9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    The players shifted from PC to console, when it comes to FPS games, because of the cheaters.
    Cheaters on every damn fps out there, COD is infested, Battlefield , Arma , everywhere you look there are cheaters.
    Funny thing is that while more and more customers will move onto console, what will the cheaters do? Play among themselfes? Eventually if such low numbers and with so many PC configurations to consider, i think the big companies will drop the PC titles and just develop for console.What will the cheat sites do then, huh?
    They destroyed the PC fps gaming, it is more than clear now for everyone, but in the process they shot themselves on the foot also.

Btw i already purchased a PS4 and i play there my fps games, it is light and day difference, and frankly playing on a big screen has its advantages, and the graphics are quite nice also
    My PC will be used to play ES Online, WoW and other mmo and RPG games, but for shooting games, console all the way.

I very much doubt a significant number moved to console because of cheating.

Additionally, PC gaming is growing in terms of hardware sales, game sales and number of players. There are numerous reports, sale figures and market research supporting this. An increasing number of people are moving because of the many drawbacks, limitations and frustrations of consoles.

Whilst it may be anecdotal evidence, on forums there is an increasing frequency of posts from people building their first gaming PC because they were frustrated by the current generation of consoles. This generation has been disappointing, to say the least. PC gaming is cheaper, easier and more accessible than ever before.

In fact, many game developers/publishers are recognizing the growth of the PC platform and are investing more time and money into it. Microsoft for example has, in the past few years, put much more attention into the PC gaming platform and I believe that most future Xbox exclusives will be playable on PC. Why would they waste money on the PC platform if they believed it was dying?

Whats more, cheating has been around since multiplayer gaming begun but the platform still continued to grow. Cheating has not destroyed PC gaming. If it did, competitive games like Overwatch and the rapid rise of esports would not be possible. I know that 99% of your posts on here are about cheating, but I have to say that everyone who is better than you is not a cheat.

PC gaming isn't going anywhere and I'm looking forward to it's future.
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well its only DICEA s fault if they cant catter the PC crowd, i am sure console users gonna buy everything they throw at em.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @smoogelz
    I very much doubt a significant number moved to console because of cheating.
    I would guess more the result of a new generation growing up with consoles and the big difference in price for hardware.
  • GranDan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Now 1 Player more . since yesterday got the "lost the Connection to the Session" bug... from one day to another. I googled the Problem and still not solved ??? Goin back to BF4. I would switch back to Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 . But there s no Support anymore. That were the only REAL BATTLEFIELD Games. Gameplay was awesome , Maps were big as **** and it was 90% based on Teamplay. Everything after that was just big B U L L **** . Playin Battlefield since 1942 and Times and DICE are gettin worst and worst. How old are the peeps workin for DICE now ?? 16 - 18 years old?? you are about to ruin the Game Battlefield stands for !!! if nobody told you ... I will!!!! You guys at DICE suck hardcore. You shittin on elderly Players who supported your Games and made you who you Guys are. and thats how you show how thankful you guys are to Players like me who bought every single BF game "Premium" . I m done with BATTLEFIELD 1 . Worst Maps , Worst Community , Worst Fail ever. why dont you just close down Battlefield and go support Call of Duty , cause it seems like you gettin closer with every release every year to that **** !!!! now **** off DICE .. I m shittin on Battlefield 1 and every new Game like you shitted on Players like me. I could write on and on how stupid you Guys at Dice are, but it s just a waste of my Time... Best Example : Star Wars Battlefront ... i played the First Battlefront 2004 back then... it was **** awesome... and now the Remake last Year.... O M F G !!!! what have you done??? you **** the whole Game !!!!!! you messed everything up and i knew it before... cause you cant make it better than the ONE and ONLY Real Battlefront 2004 . See.... you are just showin peeps that DICE stand for " WE RUIN EVERY GAME " and we re the BEST doin it .

• Sniper047
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    my reasons are clear. Check my threads.
  • -VA-Mustadio-
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IF BF1 is to ever go competitive, this Aim Assist has to go. Just remove spotting all together... Being "spotted" gives the aim assist mechanic a further advantage. Getting shot through fog and extreme weather conditions are not just random. The amount of realism you are trying to portray can be invested in more organic game play. It is a Joke to consider competitive BF1 in these circumstances period.
  • AldermachXI
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MUSTADlO wrote: »
    IF BF1 is to ever go competitive, this Aim Assist has to go. Just remove spotting all together... Being "spotted" gives the aim assist mechanic a further advantage. Getting shot through fog and extreme weather conditions are not just random. The amount of realism you are trying to portray can be invested in more organic game play. It is a Joke to consider competitive BF1 in these circumstances period.

Battlefield has never been, nor ever will be, competitive. Squad Rush or 8 v 8 Conquest Small was as close as this franchise ever got to competitive, and DICE has killed that now.

The very nature of Battlefield (all out warfare + vehicles) doesn't lend itself well to competitive shooters. Like I said, you can do it with modes like Squad Rush and Small Conquest variants. But the game isn't BUILT to be competitive - unlike games like CS:GO and Rainbow Six Siege. Those games have competitive MODES. BF doesn't. Battlefield is just chaos.
  • TeRRaN1VA
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lets face it.

Competition is stiffer on PC platform, and BF1 is a meagre game.
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • KitCatChunky
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Forums are the same for any game. People bashing the games they are playing. Talking crap to the developers and other repetative issues: price game/expansion, AI, language support etc.
    Well i`m enjoying myself with battlefield 1. Playerbase is high enough that i can start a game any moment of the day. And i have a lot of fun. The game is so intense.
    The best way to enjoy your time as a pc gamer is play your favorite games and dont spend to much team on the forums.
  • HillbillyJohn
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play Dice games on console so I can get them pre-owned without Dice getting any of my money.