Chauchat NEEDS A BUFF

splukman18
0 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Fix the bullet drop so it's better to kill enemies in far or medium rage also it's needs a buff for the damage drop so instead of 23(40+M) should be 27/24(40+M) and it's also needs a fix for the Iron sights and AA sights to make it better to see the enemy

Comments

• omar7oss911
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it only needs a slight buff in accuracy since it's a weapon for close to mid combat yet it lacks the accuracy to effectively kill anyone at mid range
  • von_Campenstein
    6554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It was a terrible weapon they've already improved upon a lot, the AA sights being useless are there to remind us.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ChauChat is one of the best at mid-range actually.
    This is were the old BF creedo of "learn to adapt" comes in and the dark souls creedo of "git gud" comes in.
  • quangoo_3000
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Slowww fire rate, too much recoil, wonky sights, and slow reload animation.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017

Slow fire rate with one of the highest damage bullets for automatics(and some semis), has no recoil compared to the rest of the support guns, I don't notice sights as you could put a solid black box on it and it'll work for me.
    Yes the reload is slow.
    Use the bipod if you think it has too much recoil.
  • aseveredfoot
    2444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Slow fire rate with one of the highest damage bullets for automatics(and some semis), has no recoil compared to the rest of the support guns, I don't notice sights as you could put a solid black box on it and it'll work for me.
    Yes the reload is slow.

this. I honestly don't know how someone can say the gun needs buffs or have problems using it. It's like a full auto AL8 .25 with a bipod and 20 round magazine. It is not great at distance shooting, it is very good at CQ.

And the 360 rate of fire? That's a gift from the devs; the real Chauchat ROF was 240
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hope this is a troll thread.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you are asking to buff the Chauchat, well what can I say.

You know nothing Jon Snow.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Buff the chauchat :lol:

Someone wants to become the terminator.
  • quangoo_3000
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yes the reload is slow.

Maybe its not the recoil, just the general accuracy of the gun, and It just appears that the recoil is whats affecting that. The gun just feels weird. This might sound silly but Im used to looking at the wide sturdy looking guns like the Huot and the BAR, the Chauchat looks like it was put into a metal press. Its so thin looking it just looks strange compared to the other LMGs. I need to give it some more time on thenvanilla maps and utilize the bipod a little more.
  • Phthinein

Yes the reload is slow.

Maybe its not the recoil, just the general accuracy of the gun, and It just appears that the recoil is whats affecting that. The gun just feels weird. This might sound silly but Im used to looking at the wide sturdy looking guns like the Huot and the BAR, the Chauchat looks like it was put into a metal press. Its so thin looking it just looks strange compared to the other LMGs. I need to give it some more time on thenvanilla maps and utilize the bipod a little more.

Remember to use the recoil direction control option.
  • bran1986
    5494 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    It is great for cqb, which is the whole point of the gun. Supports complained they couldn't compete in cqb with medics, so DICE gave supports their own medic gun.
  • quangoo_3000

Yes the reload is slow.

What do you set it at? Ive never understood the option, so I just dont mess with it. I know some guns like the Hellriegel have horizontal recoil so I guess its to help you combat that.
  • Phthinein

Yes the reload is slow.

What do you set it at? Ive never understood the option, so I just dont mess with it. I know some guns like the Hellriegel have horizontal recoil so I guess its to help you combat that.

I did a video about it but it formatted to FLV and not something worth while.
    It wouldn't be a big deal except that windows movie maker was discontinued and I'm on the search for something just as easy and free.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Maybe its not the recoil, just the general accuracy of the gun, and It just appears that the recoil is whats affecting that. .

If anything, I feel that this gun may be a little too accurate. Keep in mind, this gun performs best in bursts, even if your target is close. When going long range I recommend tap fire(as in single shot). I've had so many questionable head shots with this thing, that I started to wonder if this weapon has a more generous hit box when it comes to head shots than other weapons.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I find it works nicely just the way it is.
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Chauchat needs nothing. It is awesome as it is.

Damn right. Love that MG. Haven't even touched the others since I unlocked it.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I don't notice sights as you could put a solid black box on it and it'll work for me.

Sodiumchlorideiy and black box great combo now explode with all radiations haha just joking. :D watch the spectrum guys the night is going to be lit today. :D