Weekly BF

goodbye to desert maps?

Puckerbucket
694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
As a vehicle guy, I love the desert maps. With the imminent release of the spring update, which I'm led to believe will include map voting at the end of round, are we going to see little or no play on the desert maps (Fao, Sinai, & Suez) in official servers? They seem to consistently poll in the least favorite range, and I for one will miss them in the rotation. Anybody else?

Comments

• l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    I enjoy Sinai a lot. However, Suez is almost always one-sided and I'm hoping no one ever votes for it ever, ever. We will have to see though, the vote is only against two maps at a time and we don't know what the match ups will be.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That's the reason im not sure about the voting system...i like all maps and want to play them all. I dont think many people vote for suez or fao.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I will vote for them every time, I love the house to house fighting on Suez and Sinai and Fao is always interesting to see if you can sway the mob to leave the fort alone or not?
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope the map vote system rotates between all maps so a full rotation will still occur before a map is played twice.

Played on a custom hardcore server last night with map voting; I vote Empires edge with 6 others. Giants Shadow won with 42 votes
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    well, for what it is worth, I have created a week-long server to celebrate the desert maps and their supposed demise. AAA Conquer the Desert is up and running. All three desert maps in rotation, with 1/2 time spawn for both infantry and vehicles. 2x tickets for a 2000 pt win and a nice long game. Unfortunately, Dice still requires a number of people to start a proper game; if you want to see these maps go out in style then come celebrate them at AAA Conquer the Desert. We can play Kick the Can/Hide and Seek until game start.
  • xPilioka
    133 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I do a lot of flying and sometimes tanking so I like to jump on a fresh Sinai and play to Suez a lot.

I'm with OP I think I'll never see Sinai or Fao ever again.
  • MurfCr
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy Fao, and Sinai, I will vote to play on them. Suez is hit and miss. I will say on Suez I did play a game on it today that we were losing, but turned it around to win by 2 points.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just only hope it will reduce the amount of Argonne and Suez in rotation.
  • kreepypriest
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the only beef i have with suez is the spawn on C flag,and trying to haul azz back into cover.
  • VictorLima141
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I actually like all of the maps, so it'll be sad to see all the kiddos just spam argonne or something. I thought the rotation was fine as it is, considering that there's a lot of servers on at peak hour i didn't feel it was necessary.
  • half_empty_soul
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    and good .. i'll alway vote against all desert maps
  • Claymore512
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I believe it makes it so you have to play eac map at some stage in the rotation otherwise you could be limited to only 3 maps. So you will eventually play. Besides they could make it choose between Fao and Sinai so Yu have to play on one of the maps
  • mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    well i will rather vote for suez or sinai than for giants shadow - thats for sure.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I hope the map vote system rotates between all maps so a full rotation will still occur before a map is played twice.

Played on a custom hardcore server last night with map voting; I vote Empires edge with 6 others. Giants Shadow won with 42 votes

This.

The voting should only allow the maps that have not yet been played in the current rotation.

Once all maps have been played it starts again. That is the only fair way to do it.

I love Suez, and would be really unhappy if I don't get to play it any more.