Best Jet set ups

BomberHaris
38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited July 2016
Hey guys,

How much do you alter your play/setup according to map? what is your first choice jet right now, tactics? I like the bomber if i have a good wing man, but Ive kind of stuck with flying stealth right now, 25mm, guided missile, ECM and stealth coating, it seems to do.

For the bomber, JDAM, EMC and stealth again.

Whenever i take off the stealth coating i seem to get noobed by stingers, or a smart alecs with so-flam and JAV, LAW or just a little bird, AH, other jet and even tanks these days.

My fav jet is the F35, I dont know why and I like the fantan, but is the A-10 really a jet? more like a brick recently for me, but I do really struggle sometimes against a decent stealth pilot when i is the bomber, how do you handle them best?

Also, is it only the MAA that is prevented from locking you at low alt, whats the celing for this? What about Bird and AH with AA missiles, can they lock at any alt?

is there any data available on the jets, like their max velocity, turning circles, best speed for an angled attack, ROF, with and without belt feeder?

OK, thanks for reading ;p

Post edited by BomberHaris on

Comments

• KorpusDraige
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Attack Jet: Rocket Pods, Gyro Stabilizer and ECM
    Stealth Jet: 20mm, Laser Guided, Gyro Stabilizer and ECM

Warthog, Frogfoot and Fantan (Attack Jets) all turn around the same speed, only slight differences are noticed. Stealth Jets (F35, J20 and SU50) are faster than Attack Jets. All jets turn best at the optimal speed of 313, However, the Stealth Jets turn tighter. The best option is to learn how to Dogfight and public players become MUCH easier, even if it's Stealth Jet vs your Attack Jet. If you find the Stealth Jet is right on top of you, try to stall out and watch in rear view for him to pass, as soon as he's about to, accelerate again and finish him. ECM whenever you you're out of his line of sight, and switch directions often, be unpredictable, so he can't predict where you'll go. Everything that locks (except for Stingers and Iglas) can be avoided by going "below radar" (close to the ground at below 25m). However, if the heatseekers do come out at you, you can not break the lock by going below radar. You can also play smart against jets by "snaking" them. This is basically using your ECM or go below radar off of the enemies' air radar and then attack. It's the same thing as a sucker punch. Very useful when you're in Attack Jet vs a Stealth Jet.
  • BomberHaris
    edited July 2016
    Attack Jet: Rocket Pods, Gyro Stabilizer and ECM
    Stealth Jet: 20mm, Laser Guided, Gyro Stabilizer and ECM

Warthog, Frogfoot and Fantan (Attack Jets) all turn around the same speed, only slight differences are noticed. Stealth Jets (F35, J20 and SU50) are faster than Attack Jets. All jets turn best at the optimal speed of 313, However, the Stealth Jets turn tighter. The best option is to learn how to Dogfight and public players become MUCH easier, even if it's Stealth Jet vs your Attack Jet. If you find the Stealth Jet is right on top of you, try to stall out and watch in rear view for him to pass, as soon as he's about to, accelerate again and finish him. ECM whenever you you're out of his line of sight, and switch directions often, be unpredictable, so he can't predict where you'll go. Everything that locks (except for Stingers and Iglas) can be avoided by going "below radar" (close to the ground at below 25m). However, if the heatseekers do come out at you, you can not break the lock by going below radar. You can also play smart against jets by "snaking" them. This is basically using your ECM or go below radar off of the enemies' air radar and then attack. It's the same thing as a sucker punch. Very useful when you're in Attack Jet vs a Stealth Jet.

Wow, thanks for that i'm glad I asked and really appreciate you taking the time to reply, I can see why you use gyro, i never fly low, i fly high so i have a chance at recovering after a crit hit...lol i've been doing it all wrong since the last patch, i look forward to taking your advise to the BF. I do like to lure pilots into mountains or out of map, but i somtimes end up crashing myself or far too high to get any control back and i float out of the map, not as bad as BF2 when it was literally, 'Mav's in a flat spin, he's heading out to sea! ' and you were gone!
    Hahah took luck or skills to recover them sometimes, but if you somehow got control your speed would increase by about 50% and you could cross the map in moments, handy for getting away if you could maintain the control.

I

Thanks again =)
  • Dark_Dragon279
    637 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I find the 25mm on the stealth kill faster with a slight reduction in RoF but I could be wrong..
  • BomberHaris
    I find the 25mm on the stealth kill faster with a slight reduction in RoF but I could be wrong..

I like the set up with gyro now, how i did without it idk, and knowing when to avoid what so far as AA is concern, im doing better.

I find the 20mm better for dealing with jets, but i prefer the 25mm for infantry, we'll see
  • BomberHaris
    edited January 2017
    What are you all running now, which is the best jet?

Some people can pull some stupid angles in the stealth and there is no answer to them, is there an optiomal speed to pull tightest angles?

I like the f35 anyhow, then SU, all the bombers seem the same

Stealth

25mm
    ECM
    Gyro
    Lazer guided

Bomber

30mm
    ECM
    Gyro
    JDAM

I use joystick, and fly 3rd person in dog fights or scanning for targets, but helos and infantry its cockpit, becuase hills.

• KorpusDraige
    2353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What are you all running now, which is the best jet?

Some people can pull some stupid angles in the stealth and there is no answer to them, is there an optiomal speed to pull tightest angles?

I like the f35 anyhow, then SU, all the bombers seem the same

Stealth

25mm
    ECM
    Gyro
    Lazer guided

Bomber

30mm
    ECM
    Gyro
    JDAM

I use joystick, and fly 3rd person in dog fights or scanning for targets, but helos and infantry its cockpit, becuase hills.

Meh, I can beat 99% of the players with my Attack Jet vs their Stealth Jet. Many public pilots do not have the awareness required to dogfight properly, so it cancels out the Stealth Jet's advantage of turning tighter. The correct turn speed for tightest turns is 313 and is the same for both the Stealth and Attack Jets (Stealth Jets just turn at a higher G). Typically speed between 305-318 is plenty enough, but it only gets you so far. From there, you want to develop maneuvers.
  • tempo_rarity
    1221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This Forum is a gigantic gold mine with tiny little nuggets laying here and there waiting to be discovered .
    This thread is one of them .
    Thanks for the nice tips that'll surely help my flying game :smile:

I use ECM and Stealth on both jets , with Laser Guided on Stealth and TV's on the Attack (I love the low-altitude sneak attacks with TV's)
    I've been using 30mm on Stealth because basically I had a hard time aiming at first and I just wanted the rounds that DID hit to count for something .
    Now that I've gotten used to flying and can finally dogfight with some success I think I'll try the 20mm 'shredders' instead .

quid pro quo
    I'm finding Jets highly susceptible to my hunting them with a Scout armed with Heatseekers . . well , Heli's too .
    All I do is fly at high altitudes and keep aircraft spotted and wait for a Lock-on and then fire ONE missile only .
    The target always Flares and then I just wait for the next Lock-on to fire the other missile .
    Most of the time jet pilots head for the safety of the map's edge after the first strike , then the second one disables him and he's gone KIA .
    No credit except for the reward of clearer skies .
    If it's a Heli (or if the jet turned to attack), after the second missile is launched I'm already back on Cannon ready to complete his disabling as I know the missile will hit and he will in fact be easy pickings .

As to range , I've witnessed one of these missiles , shot at a low altitude , chase a jet all the way up to the ceiling to get him .
    I got the Lock on him just as he was going out of Lock range and it just didn't quit .

• Turban_Legend80
    4710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    This Forum is a gigantic gold mine with tiny little nuggets laying here and there waiting to be discovered .
    This thread is one of them .
    Thanks for the nice tips that'll surely help my flying game :smile:

I use ECM and Stealth on both jets , with Laser Guided on Stealth and TV's on the Attack (I love the low-altitude sneak attacks with TV's)
    I've been using 30mm on Stealth because basically I had a hard time aiming at first and I just wanted the rounds that DID hit to count for something .
    Now that I've gotten used to flying and can finally dogfight with some success I think I'll try the 20mm 'shredders' instead .

quid pro quo
    I'm finding Jets highly susceptible to my hunting them with a Scout armed with Heatseekers . . well , Heli's too .
    All I do is fly at high altitudes and keep aircraft spotted and wait for a Lock-on and then fire ONE missile only .
    The target always Flares and then I just wait for the next Lock-on to fire the other missile .
    Most of the time jet pilots head for the safety of the map's edge after the first strike , then the second one disables him and he's gone KIA .
    No credit except for the reward of clearer skies .
    If it's a Heli (or if the jet turned to attack), after the second missile is launched I'm already back on Cannon ready to complete his disabling as I know the missile will hit and he will in fact be easy pickings .

As to range , I've witnessed one of these missiles , shot at a low altitude , chase a jet all the way up to the ceiling to get him .
    I got the Lock on him just as he was going out of Lock range and it just didn't quit .

Scouts can rip jets apart with just miniguns alone.

Tvs are a bad idea for attack jet. Leaves you completely open whilst you are using the tv. Hydras or jdam are your best options by far.
  • tempo_rarity
    1221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ I agree TV's aren't good on Jet , but I'm currently infatuated by the fall-out-of-my-chair aiming/flying of TV's , plus I hit things more often now :lol:
    JDAM is indeed the last bombardment I need to get good at , so maybe it's time to switch .
  • Dark_Dragon279
    637 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    On stealth jets i run
    20mm
    Passive Radar/laser guided
    ECM
    Stealth coating/belt feeder

On attack jet
    30mm GAU(can't really change it)
    Hydras/JDAM(Better with hydras than JDAMs but need to figure out how to use the JDAMs better)
    ECM/Flairs
    Stealth coating
  • Cawliin
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    it's look like most people answered your questions
    but for an extra tip the stealth jet cannons each has a separate advantage

the 20 mm is good against air
    25 mm is good against infantry (due to splash damage and high ROF)
    30 mm is good against light armored vehicles (M142, jeeps Rhib boat)

the best balance in between would be 25 mm as it will allow you to kill snipers (lots of fun kills here) laser guided will deal with armor and 25 mm are just as good against jets as the 20 mm IMO
    20 mm is simply better against choppers
  • KorpusDraige
    Cawliin wrote: »
    it's look like most people answered your questions
    but for an extra tip the stealth jet cannons each has a separate advantage

the 20 mm is good against air
    25 mm is good against infantry (due to splash damage and high ROF)
    30 mm is good against light armored vehicles (M142, jeeps Rhib boat)

the best balance in between would be 25 mm as it will allow you to kill snipers (lots of fun kills here) laser guided will deal with armor and 25 mm are just as good against jets as the 20 mm IMO
    20 mm is simply better against choppers

Correct, however... 20mm has a slight advantage over 25mm against jets. It might not be noticeable against other amateur pilots, but when you're going against someone of your strengths, sometimes that tiny extra damage is all you need to win the fight.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited January 2017
    I think JDAMs are my most favourite weapon of bf4 cause it can be really fun using them and it can be a silent killer taking the enemy by surprise. There are no gimmicks literally if its a target on the ground you fire exactly when the target is centre of the crosshair. If your target is on a building then you have to fire at your best guess after you pass it or it will hit too early and probably hit the side of the building instead. When targeting, you can slow the motion in the display by slowing down and descending slowly, have a mess around and practice so you get used to it. Up high if you can control the crosshair you'll be a lot more accurate. Certainly with inf that are camping eg snipers, it is really fun to drop the bomb at a safe height and just wait for the kill to appear on your screen. Of course they will have to be spotted so that you know where they are first. I also take that tactic on the MAA too. As it has a long range I usually fly high to keep out of sight so I can take it by surprise. You can at least drop a bomb high and as long as it doesn't move you can irritate it a little by taking 50 damage off it.

I do enjoy dropping the jdam from high then following it down towards the target. When I think its around 2 seconds before it hits I start to fire at it. I don't want it to move before the JDAM hits that way it doesn't have enough time to react. Hopefully it will deal the final blow but its not easy and they have to be stationary. Having said that, the MAA is more likely to be stationary than say a tank.

I thinks its important if you have mouse and keyboard to do one of the following..

1, bind space to pitch up or
    2, bind S to pull up and space to slow down

mouse is only used for finer movements.

I prefer to use S to pitch up and space to slow down that way pitch up and pitch down are close together. I think a lot of people like to use space to pitch up as its just literally replacing the keyboard way to fire.

To add ok Gyros are good for when you get hit by a missile but its only beneficial if you are actually hit by one. In fact if you don't have Gyros equipped then if you get hit by a missile use pitch down. This will give you at least 50% of control back until you can fly normally again. It works in most situations nicely, you may just have enough time to go belly up and then use pitch down to pull up if you are heading towards the ground. This way you may be able to benefit from belt feeder especially if you are still learning to gun and need those extra bullets before cool down. Or stealth coating so you dont get stalked by jets all the time to give you at least a chance.

I have more tips that announce on my air superiority server..

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/e63f5a01-16d7-4390-bea3-23531985cf7f/DH-DIRTY-HEROES-3-JETS-ONLY-UNLOCK-UCAV-JET-TIPS/