Weekly Debrief

Hits not registering with new patch

Comments

• BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well then maybe its time for them to make a trip to Best Buy or Radio Shack.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Mceedj11 wrote: »
    The leading your shots isnt true. I have a video before that shows what he is suffering. Excuse the frustration in the video. Bit this is a very bad issue. The guy was running in front of me in a straight line. See the video below.

issues.
  • CaptaPraelium
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wat. The net icon is there.
    Besides, you can turn it off.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @ProAssassin2003 Nice edit
    Have your friend ... provide Video Proof with Netgraph on .. or it didn't happen. Do hit TAB to show scoreboard pings .... it goes along way toward credibility.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well I played for a couple hours in my region only after downloading the patch and it was awesome. I play in US West and it was the best experience I've had since playing BF1. It's about time they stopped penalizing in region players with low ping.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BoWinston wrote: »
    Well I played for a couple hours in my region only after downloading the patch and it was awesome. I play in US West and it was the best experience I've had since playing BF1. It's about time they stopped penalizing in region players with low ping.

Good to hear.
  • Wild-as-Wilde
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was literally facing with an enemy and hip fired him, but NONE of my shots hit him...
    Tell me Dice how to lead my shots when he's right in front of me
    Thx Dice for breaking this game once more, and big time for this time
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    High pingers still has an advantage. Its evident with Automatic weapons. Its lumping all there shots and you die instantly.

I haven't experienced that (yet?)

It happens like this.

A guy is shooting at you and your taking no damage but suddenly his bullets catch up and insta death. The guy had 144

Just played a bunch more matches - didn't happen to me once.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    High pingers still has an advantage. Its evident with Automatic weapons. Its lumping all there shots and you die instantly.

It happens like this.

A guy is shooting at you and your taking no damage but suddenly his bullets catch up and insta death. The guy had 144

He's not the first one today to mention bundled damage. Could indeed be a thing.
  • ragecomic9
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was literally facing with an enemy and hip fired him, but NONE of my shots hit him...
    Tell me Dice how to lead my shots when he's right in front of me
    Thx Dice for breaking this game once more, and big time for this time

point blank shots from behind with shotgun at 3 m range to standing still enemy
    not even hit marker

really need to know about LEAD SHOT
  • Rev0verDrive
    He's not the first one today to mention bundled damage. Could indeed be a thing.

It's a thing that can happen to anyone regardless of ping. Packet loss is 99% of the time the culprit.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It's a thing that can happen to anyone regardless of ping. Packet loss is 99% of the time the culprit.

I'm not sure Rev. You know more than me but I have 0 packet loss 100% of the time. My netgraph has been enabled since the beta. I do on occasion receive bundled damage. I would know if it's headshots or something else.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It happens like this.

Well I've played many, many a round of CQL today specifically trying to see if anything was ever wrong on my end network-wise, and I didn't experience that in one gunfight. I was actually watching out for it (among other things)
  • Rev0verDrive

I'm not sure Rev. You know more than me but I have 0 packet loss 100% of the time. My netgraph has been enabled since the beta. I do on occasion receive bundled damage. I would know if it's headshots or something else.

receiving bundled damage isn't the result of your connection always. Actually it's usually the fault of the shooters connection. Severe latency (400-500ms) or massive PL spikes.

I have beautiful connections to the servers I play. 30-40ms, sometimes 20's ... 0% PL on average with a spike here and there of up to 3%. Yet I constantly get whacked with HP bundled damage which most of the time results in a one frame death.

6254243421.png
  • xYoRHa
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    my ping is around 85 and i got a one hit kill this need to be fixed
    https://gfycat.com/InfantileAliveGuillemot
  • RandomButRaw89
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    so basically the day that platoons comes out, we also cant play with half our guys because they are u.s? and half of us lag horribly regardless of server, well in.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I understand what they're trying to accomplish with this, and it's not a bad goal. That said, more servers are in order then. In not so rural MT, the best ISP I can get has severely limited the number of viable servers to play on. Would be very frustrating to not even have those options.
  • Loqtrall
    so basically the day that platoons comes out, we also cant play with half our guys because they are u.s? and half of us lag horribly regardless of server, well in.

Well you CAN still play with them. You just have to account for your lag (like in every other game)
  • TectonicGuns
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I even got a few Kill markers (have mine set to red, hits are just white) post-patch but no kill... I have <100ms ping
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I even got a few Kill markers (have mine set to red, hits are just white) post-patch but no kill... I have <100ms ping

I was getting red kill markers tonight every time I died. Which is weird.