The Complain about "netcode" thread

Comments

• bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kay-7k wrote: »
    Kozer213 wrote: »
    Kay-7k wrote: »
    @Kozer213 - That looks brutal.

@Kay-7k Last night I was trying with the shotgun. Walked up behind a medic who was reviving a guy and shot all 5 rounds off from about 10 meters. Got 15 points. Dude he revived stood up and killed me with the pistol. Its kinda funny when I think about it, if it was a few times a match. But its every encounter and I can't get around it.

Haha! Now that would have been some video to capture for laughs & giggles mate. BTW what was the ping you were rocking on the server you were playing in? For the video you posted above.

You can see the new indicator at the top of the video if you look closely. His ping was 270. You are not going to have a good experience at 270. No way around it.
  • PottyScottie
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Play in ur own region.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Play in ur own region.

That statement would hold water if Dice/EA had the proper amount of servers in the areas where they happily sold the game at launch. They are responsible for nearly all of this mess because of exactly those actions. Did it say on the back of the box what the network speed requirements would be? No. Did they put the game on store shelves in places with known internet infrastructure issues and decline to have local servers in place? Yes.
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    edited April 2017
    Reminder: PLEASE avoid bringing up political discussions when you discuss the server region situation. Throwing out personal attacks due to the origins of a player will result in a warning.

• ICEMANx442
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Kozer213 post a video of what you are experiencing so we can understand better.

Its been awhile since I have recorded a video.

Try that. That is the best ping I can hope to get on a populated server. I am not asking to be treated like I have 30ms for a ping. I just would like to be able to have a decent time.
    Regardless unless the african servers fill up I am done with battlefield. Makes me sad since it is a great game.

Maybe a longer video with more of that, so it shows it is not just an isolated incident. To be honest if I had to put up with that, I'd stop playing Battlefield asap and never come back.

Do you see now why so many are angry? There's countless videos online showcasing this, I played a lot today to really get a feel of the new netcode, almost every encounter, every game is like this video now. Before the patch how many high ping players did you encounter a game? If it was a lot then yes that would be annoying but if it was just a few in a match of 64 it's not game breaking you move on and might not even encounter that player all game.
    I know sadly that because of this I and my international friends will be playing a hell of a lot less, and when I play I'm just going to be messing around with TNT to kill people, instead of playing to win.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ICEMANx442 wrote: »
    @Kozer213 post a video of what you are experiencing so we can understand better.

Try that. That is the best ping I can hope to get on a populated server. I am not asking to be treated like I have 30ms for a ping. I just would like to be able to have a decent time.
    Regardless unless the african servers fill up I am done with battlefield. Makes me sad since it is a great game.

Maybe a longer video with more of that, so it shows it is not just an isolated incident. To be honest if I had to put up with that, I'd stop playing Battlefield asap and never come back.

Do you see now why so many are angry? There's countless videos online showcasing this, I played a lot today to really get a feel of the new netcode, almost every encounter, every game is like this video now. Before the patch how many high ping players did you encounter a game? If it was a lot then yes that would be annoying but if it was just a few in a match of 64 it's not game breaking you move on and might not even encounter that player all game.
    I know sadly that because of this I and my international friends will be playing a hell of a lot less, and when I play I'm just going to be messing around with TNT to kill people, instead of playing to win.

I've played in servers FILLED with high ping players. If they were so few how do you think we would get pages of the forum all talking about he same thing? And that's just the complete minority who bothers to post. For what I gathered, we had a great part of the playerbase in Asia playing with high pings on other regions. That's A LOT of people. Add the players on the Middle-East and all of those with crappy internet service... It is obvious that the servers were pushing hard to maintain a decent performance with all the high ping players.

They were not just one or two per match (I mean, even now with the new netcode I see a lot more than that), they were many, many more.
  • Rasboclatt
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well, it looks like this game was a waste of 60$. Since the last update, I am constantly losing connections to the server, ping of around 50-60. I guess because I live in the US Virgin Islands, I am no longer allowed to play this game online????
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rasboclatt wrote: »
    Well, it looks like this game was a waste of 60$. Since the last update, I am constantly losing connections to the server, ping of around 50-60. I guess because I live in the US Virgin Islands, I am no longer allowed to play this game online????

With that ping you should be doing fine. Contact your internet provider, or upgrade your connection.

• ICEMANx442
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I've played in servers FILLED with high ping players. If they were so few how do you think we would get pages of the forum all talking about he same thing? And that's just the complete minority who bothers to post. For what I gathered, we had a great part of the playerbase in Asia playing with high pings on other regions. That's A LOT of people. Add the players on the Middle-East and all of those with crappy internet service... It is obvious that the servers were pushing hard to maintain a decent performance with all the high ping players.

They were not just one or two per match (I mean, even now with the new netcode I see a lot more than that), they were many, many more.

I'm sorry I don't believe you, I've rarely seen anyone complain about high pingers I play almost exclusively with friends from overseas They've not once mentioned it, they're low pingers and they don't like this change anyone who plays with people from overseas probably don't like it hell people with friends on the opposite side of the country have been nnegatively affected
    The vocal minority complained and got their way Now the game is unplayable for many.
    You might have had trouble killing an high pinger somtimes but for the most part you could play happily. Whats happened now is vast portions of the community have been split and BF1 is unplayable. If people thought the game was dying before just watch it now.

I've never seen any more than a dozen high pingers in one game before including myself, and most of the it's half that.
    Your issues never stopped you from having a good having fun or made you consider to stop playing.
  • ICEMANx442
    Rasboclatt wrote: »

With that ping you should be doing fine. Contact your internet provider, or upgrade your connection.

Yet he was fine before, this is DICE's fault.
  • Loqtrall
    12060 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm sorry I don't believe you, I've rarely seen anyone complain about high pingers I play almost exclusively with friends from overseas They've not once mentioned it, they're low pingers and they don't like this change anyone who plays with people from overseas probably don't like it hell people with friends on the opposite side of the country have been nnegatively affected
    The vocal minority complained and got their way Now the game is unplayable for many.
    You might have had trouble killing an high pinger somtimes but for the most part you could play happily. Whats happened now is vast portions of the community have been split and BF1 is unplayable. If people thought the game was dying before just watch it now.

I've never seen any more than a dozen high pingers in one game before including myself, and most of the it's half that.
    Your issues never stopped you from having a good having fun or made you consider to stop playing.

Well it doesn't matter what you believe - it's a fact that people have been complaining about OOR and high ping players in this game, and the netcode that gave them an advantage over low-ping players since at least BC2, almost 7 years ago.

The advantages the netcode gave high ping players was confirmed by DICE devs themselves, and the netcode was changed BECAUSE of that advantage. They didn't just change the netcode randomly out of nowhere for no reason.

Lastly - I live in US East. Some guy on the forum challenged me to play OOR with a high ping to see what all these crybabies are going through.

So, I did. I joined an EU server with a yellow, 3-bar connection in the server browser. From the moment I joined I had at least over 110ms latency, and it stayed that way the entire match, never dipped below 110.

Do you know what happened? I got first place on the winning team, and got an almost 2K/D going 30-17.

And if you find that unbelievable, I not only took a screenshot of the end-of-round scoreboard with my ping visible, but I recorded 10+ clips of my shots registering and me getting kills, with the scoreboard shown after every kill so you can see my latency.

I'll gladly link you to the videos and the screenshot of the scoreboard if you don't believe me.
  • ICEMANx442
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Well it doesn't matter what you believe - it's a fact that people have been complaining about OOR and high ping players in this game, and the netcode that gave them an advantage over low-ping players since at least BC2, almost 7 years ago.

The advantages the netcode gave high ping players was confirmed by DICE devs themselves, and the netcode was changed BECAUSE of that advantage. They didn't just change the netcode randomly out of nowhere for no reason.

Lastly - I live in US East. Some guy on the forum challenged me to play OOR with a high ping to see what all these crybabies are going through.

So, I did. I joined an EU server with a yellow, 3-bar connection in the server browser. From the moment I joined I had at least over 110ms latency, and it stayed that way the entire match, never dipped below 110.

Do you know what happened? I got first place on the winning team, and got an almost 2K/D going 30-17.

And if you find that unbelievable, I not only took a screenshot of the end-of-round scoreboard with my ping visible, but I recorded 10+ clips of my shots registering and me getting kills, with the scoreboard shown after every kill so you can see my latency.

I'll gladly link you to the videos and the screenshot of the scoreboard if you don't believe me.

Good for you, you got to play against scrbs. You didn't even have high ping definitely not enough to get this "advantage". But nice try with the BS story.
    Just admit it, before the patch vs high pingers was just an annoyance and one that didn't happen all the time either, you could still play and enjoy the game. Now the game is broken for a very large portion of the community, what you had to deal with on occasion is nothing to what we're dealing with 100% of the time, BF1 is playing like how an old cod game did with red connection back on the old systems.
    Anyway if BF1 stays like this time to move on sadly since it's basically unplayable now. Just gotta hope this BS doesn't make its way into Battlefront 2. You may be happy right now but the truth is this has killed BF1 outside of the US and anyone who plays with friends from overseas. I know there's a "hot fix" coming but it's not going to solve the real issue.
  • blackknightrr
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    High ping doesn't have an advantage at all. By high I mean around 100 ping. My ping hovers around 100-110 and before the patch I never felt I had an advantage. On the contrary I would always lose 1 on 1 battle agains a lower ping player. Now DICE has given even more advantage to low ping players. The game as of now is unplayable. Really hope they will at least raise the maximum to 150 ping. 100 too low
  • Loqtrall
    12060 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Good for you, you got to play against scrbs. You didn't even have high ping definitely not enough to get this "advantage". But nice try with the BS story.
    Just admit it, before the patch vs high pingers was just an annoyance and one that didn't happen all the time either, you could still play and enjoy the game. Now the game is broken for a very large portion of the community, what you had to deal with on occasion is nothing to what we're dealing with 100% of the time, BF1 is playing like how an old cod game did with red connection back on the old systems.
    Anyway if BF1 stays like this time to move on sadly since it's basically unplayable now. Just gotta hope this BS doesn't make its way into Battlefront 2. You may be happy right now but the truth is this has killed BF1 outside of the US and anyone who plays with friends from overseas. I know there's a "hot fix" coming but it's not going to solve the real issue.

WTF are you even talking about? There's no "advantage" anymore, that's what the netcode fixed.

My point was that I joined OOR with a high ping (the netcode change effects 100ms or above connections, and mine was constantly over 110ms), and I played just fine.

It wasn't that I was playing against scrubs, it's that despite have a 110+ms latency, my shots were still landing and I was still getting kills and PTFO'ing.

Anyone claiming the netcode changes make the game "unplayable" if you're lagging are either having problems with something OTHER than netcode (the hit-reg bug or the way their poor connection is routed to the server), or the netcode issues they're having are being WAY overblown and aren't anywhere NEAR as bad as they're making it out to be.

I literally hopped on an OOR server last night after reading the salt on these forums expecting to not be able to hit any shots and get my rear-end handed to me.

But I came in first on the winning team and all my shots registered, with a ping shooting between 110 and 125ms, and the latency warning icon on my screen constantly.
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm hoping that Dice doesn't cave in, to these guys that play out of their region purposely and use the "I can't play with my friends now" excuse.

Its time for you guys to find new 'make believe friends' in your region or go play something else.

I don't go over to servers outside of my region for the unfair advantage, so you shouldn't either.

Just retrain yourselves how to play with no advantages and I think things will be OK; I really do.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As with high pingers, I can only talk about the experiences I have faced many, many times, dating all the way back to Bad Company days. Bullet sponges, and bullets around corners always came from OOR's, I even started a thread on one of the Battlefield forums at the time of Bad Company with pic's of players profile regions from all around the world playing vs Euro.

Last night I played on a server with everyone under 60 ping, it was the smoothest experience I have ever felt on a 64 man game of conquest on PS4.
  • blackknightrr
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Exactly, before it was only an annoyance that would occur occasionally for the low ping players and were complaining about incessantly and that is why we are here. Now as 100s ping players we have to deal with this broken net code and hit registration all the time full game. Well if they don't fix it their loss. I have always been a loyal customer of bf but after this I will not purchase another game by them . I am sure a reasonable portion of player base will be gone because of this. Looking forward to next installment of COD.
  • jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now as 100s ping players ...
    Dude, if your ping is 100 seconds, you might want to just give up.
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks DICE! Best update ever <3:D I've gone from getting absolutely slaughtered on unstable laggy, rubber-banding servers to ending up at the top of the board. Few laggers to be found, and the ones that are there are nothing to worry about. I'm so happy. I've been moaning about this since BC2 and finally DICE have sorted it out. Very grateful! You shouldn't expect to play with players on the other side of the world without issues. Suck it up. The majority of players have reasonable pings and have been punished for it to cater for the minority of OOR players. If there's a lack of servers in your region, pressure EA to provide some more. Don't ruin the game for everyone else.
  • ICEMANx442

I read a bit of your comment wrong, However 110 ping isn't that bad try 150+ then come back. Fact the old netcode allowed players from around the world to play together without much issues, now it's an impossibility.