Hit Detection

Comments

• Immortal_0neShot
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Nice info so 100ms will be raised and then low ping servers in large regions PROBABLY-> READ MAYBE SOMEDAY, or later in another BF. Tiggr the man with the excuses and false promises. heard all the excuses from him in BF4 about ping in scoreboard. Guess the console community is only good for sales, so glad i saved €50. Enjoy the CTE in May(be)

Enjoy the game till tuesday, guess being a high ping player is the target audience, shame on me for playing in my own region I guess. Id rather live in Japan or China and join every region except my own I can use my high ping advantage that doesnt seem to excist to some.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nice info so 100ms will be raised and then low ping servers in large regions PROBABLY-> READ MAYBE SOMEDAY, or later in another BF. Tiggr the man with the excuses and false promises. heard all the excuses from him in BF4 about ping in scoreboard. Guess the console community is only good for sales, so glad i saved €50. Enjoy the CTE in May(be)

Enjoy the game till tuesday, guess being a high ping player is the target audience, shame on me for playing in my own region I guess. Id rather live in Japan or China and join every region except my own I can use my high ping advantage that doesnt seem to excist to some.

Why so melodramatic?
    They're going to "TEST" 150ms Tuesday on a Single server in Europe. If it is too high they'll test 130ms on a single server in Europe. Then they'll make a call as to what the median barrier will be.

Areas that lack server support and/or have garbage network infrastructure will end up with a higher barrier. Areas that don't suffer these issues will have a lower barrier. Areas that have decent infrastructure and a decent player base will get more servers. Thus lower latency.

Then there's the discussion of region locks. Hopefully they'll drop that idea in favor of RSP (admin controlled) ping limits.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I completely agree KingTolapsium ive been noticing the same thing and seeing many players with ping varying 100-200ms they seem to lag out the server especially for the team thats playing against them I start experiencing BS deaths to the low pingers on there team aswell and start experiencing problems with the auto aim.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Start watching for high ping variance (anything over 10ms is an issue), it's a bigger problem then high ping by a mile now.

Lobbies with lots of variant connections feel off. These players sponge damage WAY more frequently than those with stable connections.

Glad I can finally pinpoint one factor for the inconsistency I percieve.

Nice catch. Interested in seeing that data.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Start watching for high ping variance (anything over 10ms is an issue), it's a bigger problem then high ping by a mile now.

Lobbies with lots of variant connections feel off. These players sponge damage WAY more frequently than those with stable connections.

I might not post it straight onto the forums as i'm not going to censor names, but I'll let you guys know when I upload it.
  • Rev0verDrive

I might not post it straight onto the forums as i'm not going to censor names, but I'll let you guys know when I upload it.

Drop it on BFrepublic.com
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since it has to do with the whole "netcode screwed up my hit reg" salt going on in the forums, here's some clips of me playing OOR in an EU server with a constant 100+ms latency, and my hits are registering and I'm getting kills just fine:

The scoreboard is shown after each kill so you can see my latency.

• Rev0verDrive
    I'm sure a huge part of the grief is do to the unintended bug...beyond that of the SALT of course.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is the main reason I never stopped to push for ping in scoreboard on console.

Sure the netcode isn't flawless, how would that be possible?
    Now we have the tools to see the ping of the player's in the server.
    And I also have noticed what you describe above. Its the guys with unstable ping that in some strange way, starts to mess up the entire server for the opposite team!

I have not been able to figure out how many unstable players that is needed for the issues to occur. And not if the server continues to perform like crap when the unstable players leave?

Maybe you have noticed more of that @KingTolapsium ?

One server did perform like **** yesterday, SrvTick 12-16ms.
    And when the behemoth spawned in on ballroom blitz. It spawned in on the ground at d-flag. Then flew like a streak through the map past e-flag.. Looked funny as hell. Lol
  • HillbillyJohn
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Played some tdm last night with just over 100ms in region against mostly 20ms/70ms players and the first game my KDR was 6.0 and the 2nd it was 4.0. and I'm not even very good. Very playable if you ask me.

Edit: Before someone says anything I was running and gunning and not padding my stats.

I thought you said that east coast servers you are under 100ms?

Had to hobble my connection to get it at 100ms+.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I got some vids of the ping variance players sponging bullets will upload later
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lizzard wrote: »
    This is the main reason I never stopped to push for ping in scoreboard on console.

And I also have noticed what you describe above. Its the guys with unstable ping that in some strange way, starts to mess up the entire server for the opposite team!

I have not been able to figure out how many unstable players that is needed for the issues to occur. And not if the server continues to perform like crap when the unstable players leave?

And when the behemoth spawned in on ballroom blitz. It spawned in on the ground at d-flag. Then flew like a streak through the map past e-flag.. Looked funny as hell. Lol

Haven't really seen the server tick impacted, but I've caught some other oddities.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Haven't really seen the server tick impacted, but I've caught some other oddities.

Please tell us about them.

I didn't mean that it effected the SrvTick. Just that the server performed really bad, although the SrvTick was "in side the limits"
  • KingTolapsium

Please tell us about them.

I didn't mean that it effected the SrvTick. Just that the server performed really bad, although the SrvTick was "in side the limits"

I'll have them all organized in video format "soon".
  • jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @mischkag
    Here's a bug video where the UI shows my kill hit marker (which I have customized to purple) when I get killed by an enemy. (Don't know if this is in your wheelhouse or not, so just direct me elsewhere if this is not in your department.) It is still working as intended when I kill enemies, but it also popped up for this whole round when I was getting killed by an enemy. I don't know what triggered it and unfortunately don't have video of the round before it started happening (just started recording after I saw it the first time). It went away with the start of the next round. Will also post in the bftracker forum.

• jdbelcher1998
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One more, @mischkag

In this one I clearly do 89 damage to the enemy and I only hit one enemy as far as I can tell with frame-by-frame, but I do not get an Assist Counts as Kill. Don't know what happened here. Any thoughts?

• KingTolapsium
    One more, @mischkag

In this one I clearly do 89 damage to the enemy and I only hit one enemy as far as I can tell with frame-by-frame, but I do not get an Assist Counts as Kill. Don't know what happened here. Any thoughts?

I recorded this too, though it's not new, this bug existed before the patch.
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well I have to say these changes sound very promising. Props to @mischkag for pushing for and implementing these changes and being heavily involved in all the back and forth in this thread with us. I'm sure there has been a lot of hard work to get to this point.

Now I just hope that these changes stay in the game until I get to play again in December.
  • looie63
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One more, @mischkag

That is a bit odd. I noticed it gave kill assist points to you after he died, so why not assist counts as Kill? Have also seen the kill hit marker when I die, and there have been posts in other threads about it happening since the update, so it appears to be somewhat widespread