Latency issues

jstotz8850
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Ok, so. I can't seem to find a thread about what I want to know. When I look at the scoreboard it shows latency, is it higher number or lower number that means less latency. I've played at 94 latency, but the lowest I've seen it is 37. What is better??

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lower number is better latency - the higher it goes, the worse it is.

In the example you used in the thread, 94 is bad - 37 is good.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like this feature. I noticed that everyone in the US East server was <100, except for one player who had 111.
  • jstotz8850
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thank you for clearing that up. I average around 40-45 so I guess I can't complain, I see others with way higher numbers than that.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was 37 last night, which was one of the lowest in the lobby; however, my Internet is only 35DL/5UL at best. Shouldn't my latency have been higher?
  • AaronTheZombie
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am always lowest in the match latency wise(play on west coast servers and live in California)and am usually at 20-35. I do not seem to be having these issues everyone else is. All the people in the matches I play are all over the place, often between 60-300. Sometimes I'll hit a weird lag spike and I'll see it shoot up to around 350 but it'll stop after a couple seconds. This has increased after the new update but it doesn't affect my performance.
  • AndrewGalas
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have tis question to.
  • stuwooster
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Latency is the time your data takes for a round trip to the server and back measured in Milliseconds, the less time this takes the better.
    It seems DICE have decided less than 100ms is a good to average connection. Less than 30 would be considered great. If you can get less than 20. Awesome.