The Complain about "netcode" thread

Comments

• ohnoshyguy
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Where's DICE? They post crap on Reddit and Twitter all the time...what about the OFFICIAL FORUMS!?

This update is bad.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ohnoshyguy wrote: »
    Where's DICE? They post crap on Reddit and Twitter all the time...what about the OFFICIAL FORUMS!?

This update is bad.

Cause there is no issue "working as intended"
  • blackknightrr
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If DICE doesn't want us to play the game then they should have mentioned it from the beginning so that I wouldn't waste 100 dollars on a game that is unplayable. Put a disclaimer that you need to have this ping to play the game and don't sell the game globally. It is not our fault that we don't have servers in our region and that we want to play on the servers closest to our region. I have been a bf fan for years and love the series. I have never encountered such a big change with total disregard to a large portion of players. They should at least increase the threshold. 100 is too low.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If DICE doesn't want us to play the game then they should have mentioned it from the beginning so that I wouldn't waste 100 dollars on a game that is unplayable. Put a disclaimer that you need to have this ping to play the game and don't sell the game globally. It is not our fault that we don't have servers in our region and that we want to play on the servers closest to our region. I have been a bf fan for years and love the series. I have never encountered such a big change with total disregard to a large portion of players. They should at least increase the threshold. 100 is too low.

Maybe if you took some time to do some research instead of just complaining like a child you would see that they already agreed to increase it.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My experience has been great.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Mine too. Consistently played with @ 25 ping on US East servers and @ 80 on US West. The game ran smooth as silk. No "I died even though I had already turned a corner" moments. It was awesome! This is the way the game should be.

It's pure entitlement for these region hoppers to think those of us who play in region should be penalized for their lack of servers. They've been catered to long enough.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Mine too. Consistently played with @ 25 ping on US East servers and @ 80 on US West. The game ran smooth as silk. No "I died even though I had already turned a corner" moments. It was awesome! This is the way the game should be.

It's pure entitlement for these region hoppers to think those of us who play in region should be penalized for their lack of servers. They've been catered to long enough.

Exactly and they should have the proper support so that they can have a good experience also. That doesn't mean I should have a bad experience because you don't have the support though.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

But I can adapt ;)
  • Kenito83
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Agreed. I get 40-45 ping on European servers. The game is silky smooth now. No more WTF moments and dying around corners. This patch is a god sent for me at least.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    xenome111 wrote: »

But I can adapt ;)

Which is awesome. Wish more of these kids had your mindset. But, they think that the 1 or 2 of them playing OOR should hinder the other 122-123 players on a conquest larger server.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xenome111 wrote: »

But I can adapt ;)

Which is awesome. Wish more of these kids had your mindset. But, they think that the 1 or 2 of them playing OOR should hinder the other 122-123 players on a conquest larger server.

Actually I joined oor i.e. us west coast servers when I added sodium to my friend list for maybe 5 times.2 times I joined him in empty server to look at his shiny tank skin.Lol.And I always play in region for that matter but some people thinks I join oor for advantage which makes me laugh.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Arc_TJ wrote: »
    Tell me. Many people said high ping had advantage over low ping

I know this bf4 have hybrid lag compensation (client side hit detection, server side hit regitration)
    But the thing strange. I have been having this disadvantage in bf4 pre netcode patch as well. Bf hardline didnt have hybrid, if im correct, they relied on pure client side.

How come i still having hardtime killing those low ping.
    This include bf3 as well.

Whenever u guys with low ping have opportunity to take vacation in south east asia, bring console or laptop along with u. And try it for yourself.

Here I'll just post this again since you completely ignored it in the other thread.

Why do you not understand that you will not see any difference on your client. Just like in your video it will all look normal on your screen, but most of the time if you placed both clients next to each other the low ping player sees and lands hits on the high ping player earlier than you see.

The problem is that since your screen doesn't show what's represented on your client the low ping players packets get put aside and yours get accepted due to the way the lag compensation was set up to favor high pingers. It's not a matter of reaction and delay, it's a matter of the clients being too far apart, but unfairly biased towards the person with the faster connection.

Both players will have a consistency to their on screen gameplay, but the inconsistency comes from the server decision which ultimately will cause one players death to seem awkward or unlikely. When in reality the low ping player has the most consistent representation, but gets screwed over.

In short the lag compensation did nothing but slow up our connections for your game to be tolerable. Which made ours intolerable, I can tell you from first hand experience it's not fun when you see a person and dump a whole mag into them only for them to turn around and kill you in a single frame.
  • Seelenjager
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    Hello.
    https://youtu.be/oHuIZ3EmKB4

Now, this was OOR. I know I didn't lead the first and last shots. But come on, wtf was that. I never ever had such problems in ANY game and I played with 20 to 250 ping myself against 20 to 300 pingers.

I know there's a bug, but 10 shots? point blank?

• dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can anyone explain the random bullets missing? Its happened a few times today. My ping has been around 40-50 and not had any symbols on the right hand side. Could this be due to the latest patch, the person im shooting at ping or the new bug?
  • Loqtrall
    12074 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello.

Now, this was OOR. I know I didn't lead the first and last shots. But come on, wtf was that. I never ever had such problems in ANY game and I played with 20 to 250 ping myself against 20 to 300 pingers.

Well considering the bug makes no hits register - yes, even 10 shots point blank will not register.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Hello.

Well considering the bug makes no hits register - yes, even 10 shots point blank will not register.

Come on man, You can't expect people to read. It's 2017!!! That's just DICE being discriminatory against those with reading comprehension or illiteracy issues.
    They need to do some meme's if they wan't the information adsorbed. Or have that "cash me outside" chick do an infomercial.
  • SDHSH
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It is kind of bullshitty to spend money on a game, then buy a premium pass for it, only to not be able to do **** at times because your connection isn't as good. Although, my connection goes from 40 to 999 randomly at times and Idk why. Then again, they already got their money out of me, what do they have to gain?

Another vote to increase the netcode threshold to 150.
  • Loqtrall
    12074 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SDHSH wrote: »
    It is kind of bullshitty to spend money on a game, then buy a premium pass for it, only to not be able to do **** at times because your connection isn't as good. Although, my connection goes from 40 to 999 randomly at times and Idk why. Then again, they already got their money out of me, what do they have to gain?

Another vote to increase the netcode threshold to 150.

Well technically you agreed to accept any changes made to the game despite whether or not they effect your in-game performance when you accepted EA/DICE's Terms of Service when you started playing their game. (and before anybody doubts it, Rev above can confirm it's in the ToS)
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    After some thought, I really don't think all the problems are the ping limit. I'm in the Western US and my ISP has known issues with how they handle traffic, so I ping Western US servers in the 70s with some spikes. So sometimes in a game I might trigger the ping limit and other times not, but most issues with no hits don't match when the latency warning appears on screen. Hopefully the change to 150 and Dice combing through the netcode will iron that out.

Also, wonder how many people are still adjusting to control changes. I know I had to play around with mine again to get things to feel the same and I know that could compound how issues seem if a player isn't aware of those changes in the update as well.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tansho wrote: »
    After some thought, I really don't think all the problems are the ping limit. I'm in the Western US and my ISP has known issues with how they handle traffic, so I ping Western US servers in the 70s with some spikes. So sometimes in a game I might trigger the ping limit and other times not, but most issues with no hits don't match when the latency warning appears on screen. Hopefully the change to 150 and Dice combing through the netcode will iron that out.

Also, wonder how many people are still adjusting to control changes. I know I had to play around with mine again to get things to feel the same and I know that could compound how issues seem if a player isn't aware of those changes in the update as well.

There's a bug... an unintended bug, not related to the netcode change. Bullets are not being spawned on the server-side simulation. This means there's nothing for the server to arbitrate for a hit. They are looking into it. As of yesterday they still didn't know what was triggering it. It's random and it affects ALL PLAYERS.