Weekly Debrief

Team balance still not where it should be....

Khronikos
2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I know it is hard to balance a game like this, but the game as always does too much wrong when in matchmaking. Squads and I am now sure platoons confuse the system, and it hardly ever seems to be able to fill up servers correctly.

I main TDM, but the points still stand in many ways for bigger games. They may even be worse.

From what I see, when I join an elite squad and we basically win 20 in a row and have 5 plus KDRs, the game never actually fills up a server. We will bulldoze a server and it will whittle down to an 8v6. At this point it will even give our side a guy at times even though they are two down. You'll maybe see a guy leave and it will be 8v5 WITH the timer counting down already lol.

Why do this? Why start the game when the server is clearly horribly inadequate. It just leads to more and more pillaging. At some point the party disbands because the games have become WAY too easy. If I ran in squads like this my KDR in TDM would be almost 5 lol. I can go two hours with a 5 KDR in elite squads, and yet in those two hours we are RARELY matched up against like players!

And don't tell me not enough are playing. There are hundreds of TDM servers going. Why not WAIT a tiny bit longer and actually fill up a server for once and maybe balance it too!

And this is why I prefer to go alone a lot of the time. It not only makes the game much harder, I lose games. I have to try to be creative to win some games. Rolling with elite squads in this game is sometimes a joke in the smaller modes because of the severe imbalancing.

Now what do you guys think on the larger modes? Do servers get imbalanced still very easily? Or is it better than it was before?

Comments

• INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm always on team potato

• HuwJarz
    3886 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rent a server. Post for elite squads to join you. The rest of us are not worthy of your elite greatness and frankly you shouldn't be bothering with scrubs who hate dying and leave the elite servers. Waiting for them to fill up so you can further demonstrate your godliness is fun for only you and your fiefdom.

You need find like minded heroes that are worthy of your time.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't even get the posts here. So random. At any rate the team balancing algorithm in this game is clearly still absolute trash. It simply doesn't work on elite squads or in normal random squads.

I can join 8 different servers in TDM and almost all of them are 20-30 deaths apart or more lol. You rarely get close games in BF1, but it happens more often when you are alone for sure.
  • Twistality
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There has never been any proper team balancing in any BF game.
  • realistalive
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    This game's a casual fest. They need to introduce something like a competitive mode where "elite" players could congregate. Most of the player base in BF1 is so bad it's like shooting fish in a barrel. I do agree with you on this one OP, something needs to be drastically changed..
  • Khronikos
    edited May 2017
    I agree most games are crap with this, but that doesn't mean we forever stay crap.

TB totally killed Killzone SF, which was otherwise a great MP with no aim assist at all. The problem was you could literally invite all your entire clan into a match and they would all be on your side. You could invite friends too. And there was absolutely no balancing of the game beyond some random scramble. Your friends were almost always safe on your side.

And soon enough people just gave up on it. GG did nothing. They let friends have their way and bam it totally killed all casual play. Never should have been allowed outside of clan wars.

Platoons have me even more worried now. I see them in TDM even. And like I said even when I team up with elite players the game becomes a literal joke. It becomes who can not die in this round. I tend to play well against good players, I went like 9-3 against a couple of the guys I was playing with the other night, except they were in their platoon and just smoking my team to bits.

Now we had a decent team, but nowhere near the average level 70 they had with 6 players in the platoon all on one side average level 85 or so. Our side got murdered 100-45. And that is pretty normal when one decent squad or platoon takes over a server.

And don't get me started on a game counting down when it's 9-5 and the balance looks terrible. The game just randomly throws people on a team.

I can spot a dead end server in seconds, but going from server to server to find a decent random squad gets old. I don't mind losing at all, but when the algorithm fails this badly something needs to be done about it.

I would also agree that compared to something like Killzone SF this game is an extreme casual fest. KDRs are exponentially bigger, auto aim is everywhere along with other assists, and teamwork while needed is not really a big problem if you have bone wreckers on your team. Vehicle hogs are also just annoying when they sit in them all day and complain about dying once or twice.
  • Khronikos
    It should be noted the DLC has a higher level of rank generally, but then again I really don't want to play those maps all that often. They are decent, but they are only 4 maps and a couple of them are somewhat annoying.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just my anecdotal evidence playing nearly exclusively conquest, but every match seems to start with one team at least a squad up on the other. And it seems to stay that way until it's unbalanced enough that I suppose no one can switch sides. By then a comeback isn't going to happen.