This Week in Battlefield V

Why no more USA Servers?

2»

Comments

• AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »

I live literally Dead Center in USA in Missouri. I get 80 to 90 ping roughly in East USA and West USA it jumps to 100 to 120 ping.

I live in New York and ping 70-80's on west coast servers.

No wonder, he's a New Yorker.

Hey! At least our state doesn't have Jersey shore guidos!

On topic, I get 50-60 ping to west coast from NY, there's no need for additional servers, you just need better internet. Plus they changed the minimum ping to 150 so as long as you maintain 150 everything is gravy.
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Lmao US get two server regions and it's still not enough

How about regions that have zero servers get them first no?

^This! We're very spoiled as it is, I doubt Dice is going to cater to those who won't/can't upgrade their internet.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No, we need more. My ping on the East Coast is usually 15-20 but skyrockets to close to 40 for West Coast servers. Unacceptable.

Looool how will you go on?
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

No, we need more. My ping on the East Coast is usually 15-20 but skyrockets to close to 40 for West Coast servers. Unacceptable.

Why do you need a lower ping than 40?
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I live literally Dead Center in USA in Missouri. I get 80 to 90 ping roughly in East USA and West USA it jumps to 100 to 120 ping.

On topic, I get 50-60 ping to west coast from NY, there's no need for additional servers, you just need better internet. Plus they changed the minimum ping to 150 so as long as you maintain 150 everything is gravy.

^This! We're very spoiled as it is, I doubt Dice is going to cater to those who won't/can't upgrade their internet.

Seriously.. @Ram1c is a total guido.....
  • AllOutWar76

Seriously.. @Ram1c is a total guido.....

• Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

Lol maybe you need to take a look around your state one more time. I guess you like living among the rats, when you wisen up we'll be here living it up across the river. Scrub.

1273671_o.gif
  • AllOutWar76

Lol maybe you need to take a look around your state one more time. I guess you like living among the rats, when you wisen up we'll be here living it up across the river. Scrub.

lol, I live in Westchester, no rats, but I did grow up in the Bronx. You know that place where rats eat cats.
  • Ram1c

lol, I live in Westchester, no rats, but I did grow up in the Bronx. You know that place where rats eat cats.

Westchester is nice, I've done work all over upstate. There are some really nice communities up there, but a lot of upstate is too much boonies for my taste.
  • AllOutWar76

Westchester is nice, I've done work all over upstate. There are some really nice communities up there, but a lot of upstate is too much boonies for my taste.

Yeah, the further you go up, the worse it gets. About 15 years ago I took a drive to Canada and made a stop somewhere upstate to get gas. I swore I must have been going the wrong way because most of the people didn't have teeth and had that yokel/hillbilly look, 2-3 old cars and couches on the lawn, super classy. I was like, when the hell did you people get in my state? Little did I know, they were here all along, waiting in ambush for my city slickin' **** to roll along.

• bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wonder how many people asking for all these servers would be willing to pay a yearly charge to support them? Honest question.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ChickNFoot wrote: »

That's not an excuse. "But other problem is worse". Well yeah but that doesn't mean this is not a problem.

You have two server locations in your region whilst others have zero option but to play oor and have 300ms+

I wonder how west Australia's play when the servers are on the other side of the country.

You can still play but others quite literally can't. Or would you rather your servers full of 200ms+?

~
    "This guy's lungs have collapsed!"
    "Nah hold on this guy has a dislocated finger; we'll treat him first even though it hardly effects him. The guy that can't breathe will just have to wait"
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That's not an excuse. "But other problem is worse". Well yeah but that doesn't mean this is not a problem.

You have two server locations in your region whilst others have zero option but to play oor and have 300ms+

I wonder how west Australia's play when the servers are on the other side of the country.

You can still play but others quite literally can't. Or would you rather your servers full of 200ms+?

~
    "Nah hold on this guy has a dislocated finger; we'll treat him first even though it hardly effects him. The guy that can't breathe will just have to wait"

Yeah, I really don't understand the logic against this argument. It makes perfect sense.

Why make it a priority to add more regions of servers to a country that already has TWO server regions, when there are several countries that have absolutely NO servers at all?

If anything, Canada deserves a region when it comes to NA.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

~

Yeah, I really don't understand the logic against this argument. It makes perfect sense.

Why make it a priority to add more regions of servers to a country that already has TWO server regions, when there are several countries that have absolutely NO servers at all?

That would be good for those in Alaska
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have read no post in here where someone had consistent pings, living in the US, over 100 ( Yet) ( I imagine someone from Alaska is going to pop in here now). You can play with a 90 ping and be successful.

The update fixed the OoR problem and now we want more servers before parts of the rest of the world gets even one? That's just being greedy and selfish. Sorry.

I'm sure in time the US will get more but take care of more pressing matters at hand.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

~

That would be good for those in Alaska

Yeah my friend Todd is in Alaska and it is lose-lose for for him on our servers. Think he has 140 latency on east and west
  • Rev0verDrive
    6726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Chicago would handle most of the Mid US and Canada.

Yet, What's the player base count from Mid US, Southern US and Canada? I have zero clue, maybe someone else can dig up that info.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I live in western MT, I cant get pings under 90, West or east coast i average 105. The change made the game playable again for me.
    Before the hotfix i could only fly or drive tanks effectively. According to my traceroute no matter what it gets traced to, MA then to a west coast server.
    (This is the only game that does this)

Charter by chance? I can sometimes get 70-90 to West coast servers and East coast servers are always 100 plus. I've run tracert a few times, and the results have been.... interesting. I admittedly don't know much about how ISPs handle traffic but hopping all over creation including the opposite direction before heading to the EA servers seems strange.