Weekly Debrief

YouTubers need to stop crying...

defcon_hostile
489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
...or we won't have a game left.
Nerfing the crap out of bayonet charges now, another fun element gone. Cue whiny U-Tuber "he got me with a bayonet from up close wah-wah-wah"...
Cried about grenades (watch some prominent U-Tuber's videos, they don't see the irony of throwing grenade after grenade themselves & then boo-hoo-hooing that their mega+ kill streak is ended by "grenade spam") - Dice run around & change them.
Murmurs that another U-Tuber doesn't like sentries in TDM / Dom, even though he doesn't play those modes, & makes inaccurate assessments of "medic trains" keeping the sentry alive (doesn't happen) - so thinks they should be taken out.
A few blokes on U-Tube should not have so much influence over the game, Dice should stop sucking up to them.

Comments

• boutneus
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    More crying about crying, what else is new
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    LoL those were examples. I don't really care what they do to grenades, my point remains. You Tube video goes up moaning about something, Dice run around & prioritise their whims.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Honestly, you listed some bad examples as quite a few of us normal players support those changes. I do agree that certain people do have too much influence over a lot of games in general though.

Now here's what gets to me and I have no idea if this is the work of youtubers/streamers but that new "no kill trade within 30 meters" they have on the CTE is total crap.
  • defcon_hostile
    Honestly, you listed some bad examples as quite a few of us normal players support those changes. I do agree that certain people do have too much influence over a lot of games in general though.

Now here's what gets to me and I have no idea if this is the work of youtubers/streamers but that new "no kill trade within 30 meters" they have on the CTE is total crap.

You are right, grenades = bad example. Like now throw one, get one from a box in a while, should have been like that on day 1.
    And bayonets can annoy, oh yes, but they can have you on the floor laughing too..!
  • defcon_hostile

Great. I play close quarters. Back to shouting "I got that guy!" at the cat.

• kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    One should not be harder to kill just because your bayonet charging, it makes no sense.
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with your overall premise, the big youtubers have too much influence on DICE. The nerf to the medical syringe really comes to mind.
  • disposalist
    8591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    YouTubers are in a much better position than 99.99% of other 'customers' to comment on game issues. They generally have a wide experience with the game in question and similar games in the genre, either way: -
    a) I don't believe DICE do make decisions based on YouTubers.
    b) They should have a load more influence than random forum posters.

Sorry OP picking the nerf of bayonets as an example for YouTubers being 'wrong' is a damned bad idea. Bayonet charge has never worked as intended. It's a great fun mechanic and still will be once you can't do instant 90-degree turns and get into a charge after 0.05 seconds.
  • Netranger9
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ...or we won't have a game left.
    Nerfing the crap out of bayonet charges now, another fun element gone. Cue whiny U-Tuber "he got me with a bayonet from up close wah-wah-wah"...
    Cried about grenades (watch some prominent U-Tuber's videos, they don't see the irony of throwing grenade after grenade themselves & then boo-hoo-hooing that their mega+ kill streak is ended by "grenade spam") - Dice run around & change them.
    Murmurs that another U-Tuber doesn't like sentries in TDM / Dom, even though he doesn't play those modes, & makes inaccurate assessments of "medic trains" keeping the sentry alive (doesn't happen) - so thinks they should be taken out.
    A few blokes on U-Tube should not have so much influence over the game, Dice should stop sucking up to them.

Getting bayonet charged when there is enough time to empty a whole clip into the scrub is not fun at all.It wouldn't be so bad if you could counter it,but as it is now it is extremely frustrating.
  • defcon_hostile
    YouTubers are in a much better position than 99.99% of other 'customers' to comment on game issues. They generally have a wide experience with the game in question and similar games in the genre, either way: -

Sorry OP picking the nerf of bayonets as an example for YouTubers being 'wrong' is a damned bad idea. Bayonet charge has never worked as intended. It's a great fun mechanic and still will be once you can't do instant 90-degree turns and get into a charge after 0.05 seconds.

Respectfully, I disagree that YouTubers are in a better position than committed gamers to steer a game through its lifecycle. They are busy doing other things, whilst some of us pick a game & stick with it, warts & all, playing daily. Gripes we have go hang, but a famous guy gets a bee in his bonnet & resources get pumped into that cause.
    I shoot as many people running around in circles screaming as I get killed by bayonets. That makes me laugh; if someone gets me, well I know that guy is laughing his balls off too.
    As for being random forum posters, maybe so, but in the business sense we are paying customers, & as such should have more influence than a priveleged few who are sometimes sponsored by the devoloper & are often jetted about for publicity.
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Respectfully, I disagree that YouTubers are in a better position than committed gamers to steer a game through its lifecycle. They are busy doing other things, whilst some of us pick a game & stick with it, warts & all, playing daily. Gripes we have go hang, but a famous guy gets a bee in his bonnet & resources get pumped into that cause.
    I shoot as many people running around in circles screaming as I get killed by bayonets. That makes me laugh; if someone gets me, well I know that guy is laughing his balls off too.
    As for being random forum posters, maybe so, but in the business sense we are paying customers, & as such should have more influence than a priveleged few who are sometimes sponsored by the devoloper & are often jetted about for publicity.

Yeah its not like these youtubers are known to spread false information or anything.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I disagree. Those people get paid for doing the most polemic video, and for that, for that money, they are more than willing to cry about anything.

Why would they have more influence than any of us here? We are all players and customers.
    That's like saying that the vote of Brad Pitt is worth more than mine.

And, finally, saying that they have a wide experience in this game and others isn't necessarily true. According to battlefieldtracker, one known youtuber has played 4 days. Even I have played more, so in theory I have more experience than him.

The fact that they "seem" to have experience on the game is simply because they are eager to find some little thing to cry about and post it on a video, and because they (sadly) receive information before the rest of us do so they can make some publicity on their channel.
    Like I said: anything for the sweet views/money.
    Most of the times they don't even bother and just repeat what some other youtuber said... so once you see one, you've seen them all.

(Oh boy, I could go on and on about this topic).
  • defcon_hostile
    bran1986 wrote: »

Yeah its not like these youtubers are known to spread false information or anything.

Or get to the end of a video & a lazy edit shows them playing OOR (through their optimised NetDuma) hip firing at anything that moves...
    And what works on PC doesn't always transfer across to console; I can't 90degree turn during a bayonet charge on XBox, but I bet I could with a mouse.
  • bran1986
    bran1986 wrote: »

Or get to the end of a video & a lazy edit shows them playing OOR (through their optimised NetDuma) hip firing at anything that moves...
    And what works on PC doesn't always transfer across to console; I can't 90degree turn during a bayonet charge on XBox, but I bet I could with a mouse.

Exactly.
  • disposalist
    8591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    YouTubers are also easy targets for everyone to analyse and criticise. But compared to 'the average gamer' or forum moaner, they put hours into the games, they put thought into their analyses, they put effort into their presentations.

Sure, YouTubers may have an axe to grind and subs to justify, They even sometimes have views that polarise, so can't possibly represent everyone's best interests. Guess what? They are people and have opinions! But you really think they are less well placed than a 'dedicated gamer'? Those guys *are* dedicated gamers and prove it every time they produce a vid.

People love to knock everything these days... Try it if you think you'd do a better job.

Those YouTubers *are* gamers. You may as well say news presenters don't know anything about current affairs. Some are just talking heads, sure, but most a journalists, etc. Becoming famous doesn't mean you suddenly know nothing. They know a load more than the average guy ranting at the TV.
  • defcon_hostile
    YouTubers are also easy targets for everyone to analyse and criticise. But compared to 'the average gamer' or forum moaner, they put hours into the games, they put thought into their analyses, they put effort into their presentations.

Try it if you think it's easy.

Sure, YouTubers may have an axe to grind and subs to justify, They even sometimes have views that polarise, so can't possibly represent everyone's best interests. Guess what? They are people and have opinions! But you really think they are less well placed than a 'dedicated gamer'? Those guys *are* dedicated gamers and prove it every time they produce a vid.

People love to knock everything these days...

Those YouTubers *are* gamers. You may as well news presenters don't know anything about current affairs. They know a load more than the average guy ranting at the TV.

Who is ranting? Discussion forum & discussion this is.
    No intention to "target & criticise", but to highlight that they are not always right - they do however have disproportionate influence, & often use tricks of the trade to stimulate views & massage egos.
    Just noticed that you have a YouTube channel, & may have taken offense. My apologies if that is the case; my point is that when someone speaks with authority on a subject, especially from a position of influence, that view becomes de facto, & the uninitiated take their word as gospel.