Weekly Debrief

Recommend a Medic Gun to Counter Hellreigals

kleerkoat
39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2017
do any medics have a recommended rifle to stand up against Hellreigals? I don't think the Hellreigals are OP, just a way to atleast compete with them. thanks

edit: rant ahead: so a medic is a mid-field class that needs to charge to the frontlines to support the front lines. how can a medic properly support frontliners with a mid field weapon?

Comments

• ARingdal
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    The M1907 SL Trench :) Depends on the map though.
  • kleerkoat
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what is it about the 1907 Trench you feel will do the job?
  • Boshedo35
    51 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree. I play a medic and run with the sweeper. Its hard to take down the Hellreigals players.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    kleerkoat wrote: »
    do any medics have a recommended rifle to stand up against Hellreigals? I don't think the Hellreigals are OP, just a way to atleast compete with them. thanks

edit: rant ahead: so a medic is a mid-field class that needs to charge to the frontlines to support the front lines. how can a medic properly support frontliners with a mid field weapon?

That was one of my biggest complaints about medic class when I started bf1. One shot rifles against hellreigel automaticos bars etcetera...between that and the paltry amounts of points for heals/revives, there's no incentive to play medic class other than self heal capability. These reasons are why you can go into a conquest match, check all squads on your team, and be lucky if you find more than three or four medics total! (Most matches anyway)
  • Boshedo35
    51 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah currently I see about 3 or 4 medics in one general area. I pop down the healing crate and revive when I see them. I'm currently thinking about taking up the smoke grenade to give me a chance to revive my team mates. I switch to Support and man do I miss self healing myself lol.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    what is it about the 1907 Trench you feel will do the job?

Trench or sweeper. Both are excellent choices. They are 3 hit kill in CQB, Hellriegel is 6 hit kill but much faster RoF. I get quite a few kill trades against hellreigels, when we both react at the same time. If I get the drop on Hellreigel, they go down.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »

That was one of my biggest complaints about medic class when I started bf1. One shot rifles against hellreigel automaticos bars etcetera...between that and the paltry amounts of points for heals/revives, there's no incentive to play medic class other than self heal capability. These reasons are why you can go into a conquest match, check all squads on your team, and be lucky if you find more than three or four medics total! (Most matches anyway)

Are you kidding? Medics score points big time. Heals are paltry, but add up over the course of a game. Revives OTOH are huge. Reviving squad mates is 100 points (so equal points to killing), and reviving team mates is 50 points, so each 2 revives is equal to a kill. I have had numerous games where I was the highest scorer, with hardly any kills- just revives, heals, and caps. My favorite was when I went 4-14, and was highest score. 2nd highest had gone 30-10.
    Judging a class by how many people are playing it in Conquest doesn't work. I mean, going by that standard one would believe that Scouts are one of the highest scoring class.
  • skoopsro
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Use rifle grenades and spam the hell outta them. They come with 3 grenades plus the actual grenade you spawn with, so 4 grenades per life. Should **** pff the hellregal players pretty good.
  • HuwJarz
    3877 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    skoopsro wrote: »
    Use rifle grenades and spam the hell outta them. They come with 3 grenades plus the actual grenade you spawn with, so 4 grenades per life. Should **** pff the hellregal players pretty good.

I hate that. IMO medic should be running syringe and health packs. That is the job. Why DICE even allowed this detracts from the medic role. I've got 14m points now as medic and still don't have the medic medal as I refuse to use the rifle grenades.
  • kleerkoat
    ......Medics score points big time.

yeah they do, it's just frustrating when i don't feel i have a fighting chance against hellregals
  • HuwJarz
    3877 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

yeah they do, it's just frustrating when i don't feel i have a fighting chance against hellregals

It's not your role to be the assault player. Let the assaults take the lead and support them. The feedback you had is great. I would add.....

Sweeper or Autoloading extended for close quarters and tight maps e.g. Argonne, Fort De Veau
    Mondragon Storm for medium to long maps - St Quentin Scar
    RSC for longer range maps. e.g. Sinai
  • OG-N2rock
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    skoopsro wrote: »

I hate that. IMO medic should be running syringe and health packs. That is the job. Why DICE even allowed this detracts from the medic role. I've got 14m points now as medic and still don't have the medic medal as I refuse to use the rifle grenades.

I'm with you! A medic that isn't healing and reviving is a useless medic. I have no idea why that medal forces people to play the class useless. I also have never bothered to get that medal.
  • OG-N2rock

Sweeper or trench. You won't win 100%, but you have a fighting chance. That's all I use as medic because I play medic as a front line soldier, I don't hang back
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The 1906 ( but probably with damage to you also) will take them out as long as you have a full clip. Autoloading is nasty also.
  • kleerkoat
    thanks everyone. i'll work on my tactics and try those guns, all that i've neglected.

it does seem kind of silly to give medics, who should probably be running with assault, single shot med-log range weapons. i mean they could give us a shotgun
  • BIA_Copen
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Mondragon Storm counters nicely. I personally feel like it's ridiculous to give a smg 60 rounds which is more than some lmg's. They can miss the first 40 shots and still kill 2-3 people with the remaining 20 shots.
  • UglyNoah
    1243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Redeploy
  • BIA_Copen
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It's not your role to be the assault player. Let the assaults take the lead and support them. The feedback you had is great. I would add.....

Sweeper or Autoloading extended for close quarters and tight maps e.g. Argonne, Fort De Veau

If you're supporting close range assault of capture points and in close proximity strategically it makes little sense to give medics semi rifles which are a disadvantage in CQC situations. They should've left it like it was on previous Battlefield games where some guns could be used on other kits thereby giving the player choice.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OG-N2rock wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »

Are you kidding? Medics score points big time. Heals are paltry, but add up over the course of a game. Revives OTOH are huge. Reviving squad mates is 100 points (so equal points to killing), and reviving team mates is 50 points, so each 2 revives is equal to a kill. I have had numerous games where I was the highest scorer, with hardly any kills- just revives, heals, and caps. My favorite was when I went 4-14, and was highest score. 2nd highest had gone 30-10.
    Judging a class by how many people are playing it in Conquest doesn't work. I mean, going by that standard one would believe that Scouts are one of the highest scoring class.

I've gotten over 100 revives on the end of game scoreboard with a low kd of 5-4 and still didn't place in top 10? K/d is too important in this game unfortunately, if your a medic that's spending time healing and reviving rather than shooting at enemies.....and yes I get plenty of heals/ revives before you ask that question....really if you think about it, revives es should be worth more than a kill because said medic is expected to run out where someone has already been killed, and then revive whomever needs revived,then get away......?? All this while switching to a syringe and only having one shot rifles. If I didn't like the feeling of helping others up, there would no longer be a reason for me to run medic class.
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BIA_Copen wrote: »

If you're supporting close range assault of capture points and in close proximity strategically it makes little sense to give medics semi rifles which are a disadvantage in CQC situations. They should've left it like it was on previous Battlefield games where some guns could be used on other kits thereby giving the player choice.

Medic rifles are quite good at CQB in the right hands ( hip fire a Auto8 and you'll see what I mean). Their guns just don't have as many rounds per clip. Assault players have many toys at their disposal to 'assault'. Example: It doesn't make sense in BF1 for a Medic to have the ability to prance around with an Automatico considering all the healing aspects at their disposal.