Weekly BF

new headphones

LeesSummit09
364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
My old wired headphones went out tonight, so in market for new ones. Do wireless headphones work well? Everyone says your PS4 should be wired for better play, wondering if same is true for headphones. Thanks.

Comments

• HuwJarz
    3887 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I use the new wireless PS Platinums and find them GREAT, although they are quite pricey.

Before that I had PS Golds - they are very comfy and almost as good and now a decent price. The surround sound on the Platinum is REALLY good though. I think the directional sound aids my gameplay - hearing footsteps etc....

There is quite a bit of snobbery about headphones, and some audiophiles will tell you to splash big big bucks. Its not really necessary. I would have bought more golds, but it was my birthday.....so splashed out a bit.
  • Baasdreumes
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have a panasonic headset its 4 tallboys a center and a sub of high quality flagship shizzle im right in the centre of it if a bomber flies over i really put my head between my shoulders i have this ps4 standard ear and mic so i can follow my squadleaders objectives and it works perfect as a combination but only thing i ansolutely miss is my assault tank has no music to play whats up with that?? Got a awesome skin and i want to go in apocolypse now style >:)
  • MrWenting040
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have the Astro A50 it's a bit expensive but in my opinion its worth every buck. It's completely wireless and has an awesome sound.
  • Twistality
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the Astro A50 it's a bit expensive but in my opinion its worth every buck. It's completely wireless and has an awesome sound.

I had the A40's and the sound quality is great. Either are good choices OP.
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I use the PS4 wireless stereo 2.0 excellent sound can also be wired which is a nice option only issue I have is they aren't best designed for an adult sized head or and can become uncomfortable after a while
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    Astro A50 user, does the job pretty darn well, had mine about a year and a half now, no issues, great sound. Expensive but shop around for a deal. I would advise buying a long cable with it for those extra long gaming sessions or if you forget to charge. The banter never stops when you are off to the kitchen to grab another beer, just don't be wired and go to the loo with them on (a bloke I play with did that - not cool)
  • MrWenting040
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Astro A50 user, does the job pretty darn well, had mine about a year and a half now, no issues, great sound. Expensive but shop around for a deal. I would advise buying a long cable with it for those extra long gaming sessions or if you forget to charge. The banter never stops when you are off to the kitchen to grab another beer, just don't be wired and go to the loo with them on (a bloke I play with did that - not cool)

You are right the batterylife is the only downside.
    Post edited by MrWenting040 on
  • Quijotesco24
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Do you guys have own microphone monitoring on your non-sony headphones?
    I tried few brands and none of them give me the option to hear myself, so if the headphones are noise cancelling I can't hear myself and ended up yelling everyone on chat.
    So far I know only Sony gives side tone options. If you chat a lot on PS4 they are really the only option available. Right?
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have turtle Beach stealth 400s currently and love them! Good battery life and even better sound which definitely helps with situational awareness around you....I've had several different brand headsets, (including Sony but no Astros to date) but I always seem to go back to turtle Beach for the sound quality....
  • dreadpiratedylan
    64 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the ps4 platinum has excellent sound, its a bit pricey and hurts my ears after awhile ( the cups are not deep enough ) but the clarity of the surround sound is great for this kind of game.
  • KJ__HyperSlow
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have had most of the above but now using Turtle Beach stealth 500p they have optical audio lead with them which plug into the usb reciever, awesome sound robust and comfy not to high of a price either. Not so good for the ps4 slim though it has no optical port.
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i still have the headphones for PS3
    working perfectly....not like BF1 lol
  • Patriot-Mendez
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My old wired headphones went out tonight, so in market for new ones. Do wireless headphones work well? Everyone says your PS4 should be wired for better play, wondering if same is true for headphones. Thanks.

I haven't had any issues with my Sony Gold Wireless headset.
  • buryool
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Everybody will tell you their headset is the best, well basically because they own it.

To make life easier, get the Sony if you want a hassle free, plug and play experience since they are designed for the PS4, since BF1 does not have 3D sound I would get the Gold not the Platinum because they are way cheaper.

If you want 3rd party headsets Astro and Turtle Beach both make great headsets as well, just make sure they are compatible with the PS4.

Just make sure they have surround sound, make gameplay more immersive.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    buryool wrote: »
    Everybody will tell you their headset is the best, well basically because they own it.

To make life easier, get the Sony if you want a hassle free, plug and play experience since they are designed for the PS4, since BF1 does not have 3D sound I would get the Gold not the Platinum because they are way cheaper.

If you want 3rd party headsets Astro and Turtle Beach both make great headsets as well, just make sure they are compatible with the PS4.

My ONLY problem with the Sony's were that the small ear cups were uncomfortable during a long gaming session as they were a little small for my fat head....lol that's why I went back to turtle beaches.....both have great sond quality and are PS4 compatible.
  • HuwJarz
    3887 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »

My ONLY problem with the Sony's were that the small ear cups were uncomfortable during a long gaming session as they were a little small for my fat head....lol that's why I went back to turtle beaches.....both have great sond quality and are PS4 compatible.

You must have REALLY big ears!......I have a very big head (.....cue abuse) and found the golds amazingly comfortable - more so than any PC headset I ever owned. I now have a very unfortunate mental image of you ;-)
  • jmgargoyle
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »

You must have REALLY big ears!......I have a very big head (.....cue abuse) and found the golds amazingly comfortable - more so than any PC headset I ever owned. I now have a very unfortunate mental image of you ;-)

Lol yes my ears and dome are quite sizeable. I am 6 ft and 300 lbs so......
  • Not_Paul_Blart
    808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Turtle Beach Stealth 500P's are a really good headset and are only $99. Much better than the PlayStation brand headsets. I had a set of them before I upgraded to my Elite 800's and and except for the active noise cancellation, being able to connect to my phone via Bluetooth, and the slightly clearer sounds of the 800's I kinda wish would've just stuck to my 500's, or just went for the 520's that are just an upgraded 500. I'd really recommend the 500P's.
  • ARingdal
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would recommend the Turtle Beach Earforce PX24. Check them out, def worth a look. Also heard the 520P's are great as well. :)
  • Boshedo35
    51 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm looking for a good set too. Currently I'm borrowing my gf's Turtle Beach Headset. I also have the Hyperx Cloud 2 headsets. I've been having issues with the sound cutting in and out and my controller going bonkers. I was looking at the Astro 50's but the price and some of the reviews have me debating it. I don't mind spending the money on a good headset.