I uniquely suck at this game but not others.

zchmrkenhoff
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I don't know what it is. In this game I average 1:2 KDR at best. I'm shocked. Usually I'm at the top with a 2:1 at least.

It's like shots that should be hitting don't. Or it's something with the mouse. I've been adjusting the sensitivity and DPI settings but it just seems the same. I don't know what it is. There's just something that's off.

Comments

• CriGGGles
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    Don't keep changing your sensitivity/dpi settings consistently. You need to pick one and play with it for a week or so to develop muscle memory. Pick a game that you feel comfortable aiming in and then use some of the online mouse sensitivity converters to convert the same sensitivity into BF1. That'll help a fair bit. If you feel things are still too slow/too fast, raise or lower by 50 dpi at a time to slowly get to where you think you're good.

Other than that, you need to keep playing to learn maps and playstyles. Learn how teams/squads approach flags or objectives. See what are common choke points where people wait to flank and with enough practice it'll become second nature to approach those areas and prefire or figure out how you can catch those people offguard. Learn to anticipate how most people respond to your actions and try to find advantages. Example (it's easy to throw people off if they've seen you around a corner by breaking LoS and giving them the indication that you're heading a certain direction but change it halfway through and try to flank the person).

Lastly k/d isn't the be all end all of "good". Yes it displays your ability to kill but a high k/d player not pushing objectives or sitting at the end of the map is useless compared to a person with 0.5 k/d pushing objectives and defending properly.
  • BigF33t_13
    6657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't know what it is. In this game I average 1:2 KDR at best. I'm shocked. Usually I'm at the top with a 2:1 at least.

It's like shots that should be hitting don't. Or it's something with the mouse. I've been adjusting the sensitivity and DPI settings but it just seems the same. I don't know what it is. There's just something that's off.

If your ping is even a little high in this game, your hit reg will be off. My k/d is almost exactly the same as bf4. But I seemed to have the same issue as you with bf3.
  • zchmrkenhoff
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm trying to aim with my arm rather than my wrist and doing much better.
  • UXROO
    895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I had same feeling. My ping was low and everyone else looked like PRO players. So i usually lost when i cam against others on close range and medium range, only way for me to kill others was to hide and start shooting first. Problem was that my FPS was not at 60 (but around 40 or lower), when i finally fix it, i could get kills on close range, medium range,.. but now last patch killed my FPS and currently i have internet problems so it's kinda same as it was. Hahaha xD

Check your FPS and ping if they're low, you will need to learn how game works. If FPS is not 60 and Ping is more than 80 you will have hard times killing others.
  • LoneGunman74
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    Here's what you do to get really good at this game: 1) quit your job 2) divorce wife (if married) or dump girlfriend 3) move in with dad and mom 4) play all day and into the early morning hours. In a nutshell.....be a scrote and have no life.
    For the rest of us, we just casually play to have fun and yes, we have a life.
  • Matty101yttam
    882 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol lonegunman is sour, good players actually have more fun since they're winning, and have less pressure to play non-stop due to their high scoring rates.

The reason a lot of people have issues with this game is:
    -It encourages zerg style play, which means you can't really solo unless your a sniper.
    -Then you have the random spawns putting you in unavoidably bad positions.
    -Automatic weapons spray wild.
    Then there's the movement, the increased speed has a lack of momentum meaning people are jerking back and forth extremely quick, combine this with ADS being to slow means hip fire is king in this game but a lot of people find it hard to stop ads.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    Try double checking your mouse settings, I recently learned to my dismay that I had "enhanced pointer precision" enabled. My game improved once that was unchecked
  • UXROO
    895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Here's what you do to get really good at this game: 1) quit your job 2) divorce wife (if married) or dump girlfriend 3) move in with dad and mom 4) play all day and into the early morning hours. In a nutshell.....be a scrote and have no life.
    For the rest of us, we just casually play to have fun and yes, we have a life.

If you're trying to be PRO player sure xD it might work for few weeks, then you will be homeless. At least you could tell others you were PRO BF1 player :P
  • WarTurtleKal
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Use the current meta weapons. I tried fighting it and didn't do so hot. This isn't Battlefield 3/4 where weapons are balanced and you can do well with them in their specified roles.
  • enek0id
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Since how long have you been playing?
    Is it your first FPS?
    Does your configuration allow you to have at least 60 fps constantly without stuttering?
    What's your ping on the servers you usually play in?

There are many parameters to consider before claiming "I suck", statement that does not put you in the best psychological condition to enter a match (and it matters, believe me).
  • Vedzitas_LT
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    WTF, mouse sensivity? I can get 4-1 and i can get 1-1, that just depends on how you play.
  • Matty101yttam
    882 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    Try double checking your mouse settings, I recently learned to my dismay that I had "enhanced pointer precision" enabled. My game improved once that was unchecked

Actually while double checking this i found a setting in my mouse software called 'angle snapping', this whole time i been playing and this was enabled, no wonder i've felt like i was losing my fine aiming lately.
    If you anyone who doesn't know it 'averages' your mouse movements to make a straighter smoother line, probably for editing and stuff, not good for fps apparently :)
  • Seelenjager
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same feeling. I think its related to mouse movement. For example, I have to remove my mouse pad to be decent. Its weird, the pad kinda restrains fine aiming despite being somewhat good (steelseries), but only for this game. I played a lot with DPI to no avail.

Also, try disabling Raw mouse input. I know its supposed to be ideal, but just try it.
  • Kingadrock311
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    try focusing and experimenting with being crouched , stationary, and prone , with small bursts of fire. battlefield increases bullet spread like hell on many guns if you don't use those spread decreasing tactics to your advantage
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    i sucked with most guns until i unlocked the selbstadler marksman for medic, there are also zoom options in the customise tab in game to get it just right. Just sit behind the front assault man and support him with a couple of shots and then spam a medic crate and revive him if he dies. You'll soon be right up there in most games.

This was a quickie yesterday