This Week in Battlefield V

Preferred Mode...and why?

wc138
1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Pretty much just the title. What's your favorite mode and why? Your second favorite? Third? So on and so forth for as long as you feel like typing.

Comments

• OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Favorite is Ops. Because it feels like a real war. You have a battle line, enemies are coming from a specific direction, and clash in the middle (the objectives). Defensive team tries to hold on to their piece of ground, while the invading force attempts to conquer that piece of ground. Truly seems like a war where you have an invading force trying to conquer a small piece of land, and a home force hell bent on defending their country.
    2nd favorite is Conquest. I like the large-ness of the battle. Big maps, moving from point to point and trying to hold down points. Doesn't feel like a war the way Ops does, but it's exciting with all the chaos going on.
    3rd favorite is Domination. Play that when I want just a face paced game with no vehicles. But I don't play it that often because I prefer big battles.
    Never play any of the other modes.
  • MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Front lines. Without the 40m time limit
  • The_Flngersmith
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Conquest - I started off with BF3, TDM.
    I got a general understanding of the mechanics of a frostbite FPS through trial and error and once I got to a certain level of skill I felt that I wanted more room, more of an objective or "point" to the match, that's when I joined a conquest lobby and literally fell in love.
    So much purpose in a round, I could play a role, in a squad, in a team that're all out for the same thing as me: victory.

After that, I never touched another mode... until:

Operations - For practically the same reason I fell in love with conquest.
    It is (to me) the mode this game was built for.
    A beautiful mix of objective play, vast spaces and arenas, brimming with potential for greatness.
    I despise tankers and pilots, but you know what, they belong in operations. It wouldn't be the same without the added danger and risk that comes with multi-fronted attacks, which is why operations is great.
    Couple all this with the layered "rush" style approach to the objective and you get real pacing and strategy.

Good stuff.
  • UglyNoah
    1243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Conquest- battlefield origonal that is both consistent and extremely populated
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    #1 Domination - Because pace and challenge.
    #2 Operations - Because SPM & K/D padding.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Conquest is just about the only mode I play.

OP's has some balancing problems that I have never been able to get over. I want to like the mode, but I always find myself going back to Conquest.

Teeny tiny maps are the reason I don't play much of anything else. I feel shoehorned into this tiny arena for Pigeons, TDM, domination, etc.

Frontlines I'll play every once in a while.
  • Ravenousld3341
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    Pretty much just the title. What's your favorite mode and why? Your second favorite? Third? So on and so forth for as long as you feel like typing.

Conquest. I've always loved conquest... that's all

Operations is second. It would be my number 1, but it just asks too much of my attacking teammates. Half of them are blithering idiots, and won't PTFO, and in 64 player OPS it's easier to defend. So i lose much more than I win. It's a wonderful blend of Conquest and Rush, and I really enjoy it.

Rush would be next. Still objective based, but instead of protecting areas like OPS you just protect the telegraph. Which make for some really fun game play, but it's not nearly as fun as OPS.

Everything thing else after that.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get much play time so I prefer a mix of Dom, TDM and Stop the Pigeon as matches are short plus I have a hard time with vehicles in Ops and Conquest.
  • The_Flngersmith
    Zooboid wrote: »
    I have a hard time with vehicles in Ops and Conquest.

Run assault.
    Gadget 1: AT Rocket.
    Gadget 2: AT 'nades.
    Vehicular problems ? Solved.
  • chaotic_xXx_kiwi
    365 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    War pigeons can have some epic 60minute plus battles on it especially on suez awesome game mode
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Run assault.

Pretty much this ^

Or run Medic or Support, let the Assault guys worry about the vehicles, and you worry about supporting the Assault guys (keep the full of ammo is Support, keep them alive/revive if Medic). Very important that both Medic and Support help out those Assault guys when there's vehicles in play.
  • Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »

Conquest for sure,

i'm new to the Battlefield, having played my last Battlefield in 2002 (BF 1942) . That is why it was easier to jump into a capture the flag kind of mode which is easier to play for a newbie.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Run assault.

It's the permanent pointing arrow that floats above my head - planes especially seem to be drawn to it when I play Conquest lol.
  • Kinkykevin1927
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Conquest - it just works and is a classic mode
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really like operations and Frontlines as they represent two opposing sides battling over objectives with only one, even though it is fluid, line of battle which can create some epic battles. I can hardly ever get into an operations game though :(

War pigeons is also great as it is literally all about the pigeon which if you get two sides actively chasing the pigeon (and not just camping or padding KD) creates some awesome, fast paced and insane battles. No other mode gives me the same sense of urgency as I get from trying to get the damn pigeon, then survive to release it or trying to shoot down the enemy pigeon.
  • The_Flngersmith

Run assault.

It's the permanent pointing arrow that floats above my head - planes especially seem to be drawn to it when I play Conquest lol.

It can feel like that sometimes (when the tanker/pilot is skilled and actually taking the assault to the objective), but after a few encounters you learn to move between the battlefield, out of the vehicular routes.
    You could also try jumping in a tank/plane and experiencing the drawbacks for yourself "know thy enemy" and all that.
    Once you've witnessed the strenghts/weaknesses of vehicular capabilities, you'll have a far better idea of countering tactics/evasion tactics/destruction tactics for the enemy mechanized forces.
  • BIA_Copen
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Conquest is what made Battlefield the series it is today. It is THE defining mode of any BF game. They have tried to reinvent the wheel with Rush but it's never caught on the way Conquest did. I don't play other modes often but I won't knock others for their choices. More choice is never a bad thing.
  • Ravenousld3341
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Run assault.

Hell NO!

Dynamite and AT Grenades.
  • OG-N2rock

Run assault.

Hell NO!

Dynamite and AT Grenades.

Dynamite is fun, and has many other uses besides vehicles. But if I'm going go vehicle hunting- well, if I'm going to need to go in that close (dynamite), I would rather go in and toss down mines. With dynamite you need to not only get in close, but then have to survive that rush long enough to detonate. With mines, you just need to get in close and drop them. No need to survive the rush, because the tank will detonate them regardless.
  • Appleshampoo19
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Operations is my favorite. I've been unable to get into very many of them (lot of threads on this as to the problem why). I guess I just like the fact that it's more organized attack & defend, along with different sectors to battle over to keep things fresh. I'd like modes like Pigeon & whatnot if there were larger numbers of players on both teams. Conquest is the only other one I play with my squad mates
This discussion has been closed.