Weekly BF

Why stay in a round and be a detriment when you do bad?

BaconRebellion
2444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I never understood the mentality of staying in a game and being a burden and detriment to your team when you're 1-25 with a score of 400 not helping the team in any sense yet they stay in the game ensuring a loss.

I mean if I'm doing terrible in a game I'll usually back out to save myself frustration and to not be a weight on my team who may be trying to win and I'm not helping.

Comments

• JacobtheSmartGuy
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Okay.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can be the decoy, goof off trying new things like riding the motorcycle through the enemy team and see how many passes you can get.
  • KamikazeK7
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think its usually a parent letting their kid play when this happens (or their friend who has never played video games). I joined a players squad that was doing terrible and he sounded like he was 7 years old. Every 30 seconds he kept saying "Aww man, what happened?" I told him to hide in a corner of building with automatico. Haha.
    Just assume its a small kid. Might make you feel better, but might not.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    How do you expect anybody to get better at the game if everyone leaves when things don't go their way?
  • TascaTown
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I let my son play all the time. He has fun, and I don't give a crap about stats - as long as the game is fun. There is the occasional dbag who goes off on the mic but we just ignore it.
  • BaconRebellion
    2444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just tired of players who have no concept of anything around them and allow the enemy team to literally steam roll us by not giving a .... To anything going on. Or bad players who can't be asked to do more than keep their eyes glued down their sights. Team mates will have their backs to the enemy team while they surround us and not realize it until they're dead as they're watching the only way that isn't filled with enemies.
  • PremiumBundle
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I never understood the mentality of staying in a game and being a burden and detriment to your team when you're 1-25 with a score of 400 not helping the team in any sense yet they stay in the game ensuring a loss.

I mean if I'm doing terrible in a game I'll usually back out to save myself frustration and to not be a weight on my team who may be trying to win and I'm not helping.

So you never get any points for leaving early and you miss out on the crappy battlepack drops of duplicate handguns.

cheers
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just tired of players who have no concept of anything around them and allow the enemy team to literally steam roll us by not giving a .... To anything going on. Or bad players who can't be asked to do more than keep their eyes glued down their sights. Team mates will have their backs to the enemy team while they surround us and not realize it until they're dead as they're watching the only way that isn't filled with enemies.

Then maybe try spotting/marking the flanking enemies in hopes that bluetards will see them on the mini map? Just saying..,.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »

Then maybe try spotting/marking the flanking enemies in hopes that bluetards will see them on the mini map? Just saying..,.

Haha,good one. Minimap is something most players never heard of.
    I agree it can be frustrating sometimes,but just add some other players that care for teamplay. If you play with 2,3 other people it's much better already,you wont change other players.
  • Feed4u
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Everyone begins some where, were you never bad at anything when you first started
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I agree it can be frustrating sometimes,but just add some other players that care for teamplay. If you play with 2,3 other people it's much better already,you wont change other players.

I'm almost always in a full chat party and we run at least a full squad if not two squads. It definitely helps....
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I'm almost always in a full chat party and we run at least a full squad if not two squads. It definitely helps....

I play mostly without headset,we still move together all the time,pick up medic kits to revive etc. You just need to find the right people. Got bf friends all over europe.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There's any number of reasons why a player might be at the bottom of the scoreboard. Even a few kills can feel like win to some players. Let them be them while you be you.
  • Maestro-FIN
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    why do you think teams is unbalanced like 20vs32 ? thats because of people like you quiters.
    Post edited by Maestro-FIN on
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playing the game to win or be a teamplayer is a optional way of playing the game. Of which is based upon the opinion of the player. You say that if you went 1 - 25 you would leave the game to save yourself frustration and possibly help the team. However, a player that is 1 - 25 may be having fun and not see it as a determent at all.

It is all based upon the opinion of the individual.
  • disposalist
    8674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    1-25 is pretty bad, but noobs gotta noob. As long as they are providing a target at the objectives, then that's improved your chances of not getting shot by 100%, no? 25 bullets you didn't have a chance of catching.

1-25 and sniping? Yeah - uninstall.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    32 players on a team, that is a big mix of skills, some may have special needs and doing the best they can.
  • bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sometimes your team does the rolling; sometimes your team gets rolled. You take your lumps and you keep playing. There are real live human beings behind those pixels and I would never want to make them feel lesser because of a game.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Feed4u wrote: »
    Everyone begins some where, were you never bad at anything when you first started

WHich is why I offer every new player tips on how to play. I'm not great but at least it gets them started better than lvlcaps videos could.