Weekly Debrief

Possible Mouse Sensitivity bug!

Sed1Tion
341 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited May 2017
So I was resetting my mouse sensitivity settings after messing about with DPI settings in another game and discovered a possible bug.

Start up Battlefield 1, join an empty server to measure a 360 degree turn. ALT-TAB into Windows then go back into Battlefield, measure a 360 degree turn. They should be exactly the same but they are not and the difference cannot be put down to user error. The new sensitivity is faster. Only seems to effect Full screen mode.

EDIT:

Windows x64
Mouse: Zowie FK1
DPI: 800
In game sens: 7%
Raw Input: On
Vsync: off
Mouse mats: Asus Strix Glide Control, Everglide Titan, Steel Series 5l.

Happens in both Full screen and Windowed mode.
After further testing Sensitivity can increase or decrease sensitivity. It can also be change by the game stutter/freezing.
Can get it to do it with both Mouse Raw Input On and Off.
Mark C mouse fix applied.
Happens with capped and uncapped frame rate.
Uniform Soldier Aiming On/Off no effect.
Mouse is fine in other games.
Tried several different USB ports.
Changing the polling rate to 125mhz seems to fix the issue (so far).
Post edited by Sed1Tion on

Comments

• Sed1Tion
    edited May 2017
    Gets more interesting with mouse sensitivity slightly changing when you go inside a building with Mouse Raw Input on!

Edit: Can get it to do it with both Mouse Raw Input On and Off!!!!!
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Do u use vsync somehow??
  • LoneGunman74
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • xenome111

Ha no need of registry edits u can directly turn off mouse acceleration through control panel.
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have mouse acceleration off, but still my mice (G502 & Rival 500) are weird in BF1. Other games just fine. BF3 and BF4 are fine too.
    BF1 is wacked in many ways!
  • Stormfirebird
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    xenome111 wrote: »
    Ha no need of registry edits u can directly turn off mouse acceleration through control panel.
    Did not read?
    @Sechnaill Do you have rawinput on? Do you use uniform soldier aim? Aiming is definitely different from BF3 though, also took me a couple of days to get used to it again after taking a longer brake, but looking at your stats i assume you would benefit from lowering your sensitivity the most :)

@Sed1Tion Mouse/Mousemat and DPI setting?
  • Sed1Tion
    @Stormfirebird

Mousemat: Asus Strix Glide Control have several others I can try it on.

Windows 7 x64 with mouse accel fix. Tried Raw input On and off. U.S.A. is off. All testing done at 100% zoom. Tried Fullscreen and Borderless.

I do use 30+ cm 360 and the difference can be 4-5cm which is crazy. For example today I start the game, load map and ALT-TAB into windows and back again. Take a note of current 360. Play a map then restart the game, load map and ALT-TAB into windows and back again. Sensitivity is changed!

The only thing I have different is 133% sensitivity at 125%, just wondering if some weapons are bugged at 100% zoom and registering as 125%

Doesn't happen in other games!
  • xenome111
    xenome111 wrote: »
    Did not read?
    Ummm.Nope. :p
  • xenome111
    Sed1Tion wrote: »
    @Stormfirebird

Mousemat: Asus Strix Glide Control have several others I can try it on.

Windows 7 x64 with mouse accel fix. Tried Raw input On and off. U.S.A. is off. All testing done at 100% zoom. Tried Fullscreen and Borderless.

I do use 30+ cm 360 and the difference can be 4-5cm which is crazy. For example today I start the game, load map and ALT-TAB into windows and back again. Take a note of current 360. Play a map then restart the game, load map and ALT-TAB into windows and back again. Sensitivity is changed!

The only thing I have different is 133% sensitivity at 125%, just wondering if some weapons are bugged at 100% zoom and registering as 125%

Doesn't happen in other games!

Yes some weapons r bugged in their magnification setting for example if set 2.5 magnification to smle and change ur sensitivity to 2.5 magnification in advanced settings it does not affect instead u have to change 1.25 magnification.But for other weapons it works as it is.
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Stormfirebird

[quote=
    @Sechnaill Do you have rawinput on? Do you use uniform soldier aim? Aiming is definitely different from BF3 though, also took me a couple of days to get used to it again after taking a longer brake, but looking at your stats i assume you would benefit from lowering your sensitivity the most :)
    [/quote]

Yes Rawinput is on and so is Uniform Soldier Aim. What sensitivity do you think I should lower?
    My Rival 500 mouse DPI is fixed at 900. Screen size is 1920 x 1080, 120 fps. In game sens: is 12%.
    I suck mainly because I am handicapped, so I don't squad up; however I still enjoy the game for the most part.

• Sed1Tion
    Same weapon giving different 360's on different parts of the map!!! Even getting neg accel on some games!!!

Reset Controls to default and only changed mouse sensitivity. Tried different mouse pads.

Zoom settings confirmed different at 125% for Hellreigal and Ribey.....
  • Stormfirebird
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Sechnaill I was expecting some sub 10cm/360 but that doesnt seem too bad.
    @Sed1Tion Cant really reproduce, can you make a video or smth? Do you have generall problem with the consistency or only when comparing different weapons at different zoom levels?
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just tested here and it's fine for me. Within margin of error of a few millimeters each time.
  • Sed1Tion
    edited May 2017
    @Stormfirebird a general problem with the consistency.

Managed an entire game with the same sens, next map ok for a while then different depending on where I was!
  • Stormfirebird
    Might be FPS related, whats your setup?
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you on WIn10 creators update by any chance?
  • Sed1Tion
    edited May 2017
    Windows 7

Swapped mouse and played a few games with no sensitivity deviation. Testing a resolution with the FK1. I managed after a long testing session to replicate part of the problem once in another game but not as severe. I have also seen other reports of ALT-TAB effecting in game sensitivity but with Windows 10.

@Stormfirebird I get a pretty solid 65FPS (capped) but there is micro stutter. Stutter can be an issue on some servers but not others.

So its most likely not an issue with Battlefield 1 but Battlefield 1 makes it happen more frequently.
  • Sed1Tion
    Further testing, unable to replicate the problem after 8 hrs in another game. Booted computer and played only that game.

After that launch Battlefield and ten minutes into a game my sensitivity goes from 285mm to 335mm or 365mm for a 360! Changes in sensitivity seem to happen when there is frame rate stutter but no drop in frame rate.

Uncapped frame rate produces these stutters and sensitivity changes more frequently and I have even manged to regain my sensitivity by re-capping the frame rate.

Testing mouse polling rates which look to be helping and also have a new mouse on the way.
  • Stormfirebird
    edited May 2017
    Do you use any tuning utilities, especially something that changes the process priority of BF1?
  • Sed1Tion
    None, the only thing I have change really is the renderahead limit in Nvidia control panel to 1