"The Server Has Expired" - DICE/EA's way of saying "We don't want your money."

13»

Comments

• 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They're to worried about renerfing and unbuffing things to let something as small as RSP get in the way.
  • NL73schietdammer
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    on-topic : i had 5 servers , but it became harder to fill each day , i called EA over here in the Netherlands and asked for the remaining days of 4 servers to be put on the 1server that i wanted to keep, they did. Normally the maximum rentperiod is 180days but now mys erver is renetd till octobre 2018 , so around 510 days.

A fiend hired a server for a week , i told him you cnat renew before the old one expires, then you get to sewe a renew button. But you don't want that to happen when there are players inside. He hired a 2nd server for 9-days called EA in Romania where he lives and they stopepd that server 2 and aded the days to the still open server 1 he had for a week and had 1 day left.

So this is the solution for now.
  • CrashCA
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Better than nothing, but how hard is it to add a renew button.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    If it's not broke, don't fix it.... instead, EA is using their motto: EA..Crash Everything

Their RSP is a total and complete failure. I've said this before.... the person who designed this and gave the thumbs up to release it....SHOULD BE FIRED.

You can also thank all the crybabies over the years for their constant whining about getting kicked/banned from servers.
  • InSaNeOldGuy
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We post here over and over again simply because none of this makes sense. However, I have the answer to this questionable madness.. Something I stumbled across last week. Before I go any further, I want to mention that the "madness" is not on the part of EA; rather, it's on you and I.

The following article was written back in 2013 after EA managed to become the first back-to-back winner of "Worst Company In America". Read this piece, and you'll understand not only why things are as they are with EA, but how the company continues to make millions off of us, the idiots that will buy a game no matter how bad it is, and no matter how many sequels have come before it. (click here)
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    their response in 2016

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-exec-responds-to-worst-company-in-america-contr/1100-6443178/

specifically: "Moore decided to create a committee inside of EA that first pored over sites like Reddit and NeoGAF in an attempt to find out if what people were saying about EA was true."

how about your own damn forums?
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    P1asma wrote:

Maybe because less than 1% of the purchasing player base use the forums.
  • P1asma
    P1asma wrote:

Maybe because less than 1% of the purchasing player base use the forums.

we are the 1% that really count then ;)
  • P1asma
    edited May 2017
    Came back to the forums to see how RSP was progressing. What an actual joke. It's freaken May!!? I am so dumbfounded as to what definition of the word "Soon" DICE are using at their workplace. One thing is blatantly clear, the promises of soon by @Striterax was a complete stall tactic to minimise lost sales, if I knew this mess was going to be running 6 months after launch I 100% wouldn't have even purchased BF1 at all, let alone servers.

Few snippets of my tweets/answers. If I did this to any of my clients I wouldn't have a job, what terrible progress.

November - No follow up from Ali as promised
    November - "I believe I can provide a better experience"
    November - "In a sense we already passed the previous experience, and when we are done lets have another talk"
    November - "im looking at improving the filtering options to make it easier"
    December - "No RSP at all"
    February - "Constant stream of improvements"

It's embarrassing to admit that I am such an idiot for wasting my money. Based on trust that DICE would pull through and that we would have a "better product" and it would be "soon" - you guys at DICE need to learn some god damn definitions of words because you clearly have no idea what that word means. Removing Procon was the single worst decision you did to BF, removing it resulted in huge amounts of depth gone from the game and communities. "We can do better than Procon". "Wow, how?". "Just remove everything it did and give back 5 of its features over a period of 6 months"

Time to uninstall and move on, GG EA/DICE/Whoever.

It's also time to fire the fools who have put out such a terrible product and think it was a better option. who the hell did they consult when changing the RSP? they should have talked to the clans who have run servers for 10+ years. Not that they have to, but they should have at least gotten our feedback or suggestions.

I hate to admit it again.. COD is looking a lot better these days.
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just read the article https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-exec-responds-to-worst-company-in-america-contr/1100-6443178/ and would really like to know when this is going to start?