Why BF1 is in trouble

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I also say how do i know america exists? i have never been there to prove it myself so while i accept it exists i can not 100% be sure it does.

The internet blows my mind every single day.
  • pinchylillobster
    964 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @xxxCoOlBr33zExxx

Makes sense, however I think the confusion comes from the fact that there is literally no trace of a thread that gets moved like that. When one of the anti cheat threads I participated in disappeared, I checked my comments in my profile to see if I could track it down, but even those were removed. I don't think it's a stretch for people to think the threads were deleted.

Would be nice if there was a notification system for that, but it's probably not worth the trouble considering the frequency that it happens.
  • Sk1lld
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    Doing the same thing over and over, then expecting a different out come is the definition of insanity.
    Why would dice allow a third party software company to protect their product. This is the definition of crazy, IMHO. PB is hacked to pieces, it only catches the stupid, and FF has lost it's edge way to quickly, and long ago.
    I feel EA has thrown in the towel on their games. And that they feel, their product is not worth protecting.
  • badkarma11
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorry to burst your bubble but threads dont get deleted, they may get moved to areas where the public do not have access which I'm guess is the case regarding this matter.
    Let's keep the conspiracy theories off the forums.

-CB

*puts on tinfoil hat* What conspiracy?
  • TrigglyPuff
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    *removed due to multiple instances of Profanity*
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @TrigglyPuff
    Being overly negative, posting Profanity and being non-constructive are violations of the Forum Guidelines.

Whilst we appreciate criticism, It would be better appreciated if it is posted in a constructive context rather than a rant.

• TrigglyPuff
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @TrigglyPuff
    Being overly negative, posting Profanity and being non-constructive are violations of the Forum Guidelines.

Whilst we appreciate criticism, It would be better appreciated if it is posted in a constructive context rather than a rant.

suck me
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have set up about 8 different threads to legitimately discuss the potential hackers that could be in BF1. Every single thread has been erased almost immediately. This is a real bad sign that BF1 is soon to be infested with hackers. Dice knows it but don't have any preparations for it.

Yep my anti-cheat thread was locked as well.
  • Cipax
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please don't allow that free game time garbage in Battlefield 1.
  • dan134621
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My guess is there going to do away with Punk Buster. And there going implement there own Fair Fight, more aggressively in Battlefield 1. Since Battlefield 4 was the testing grounds for Fair Fight. I'm sure they got the bugs worked out, so they can make it so catches more cheats. I guess will have to keep are finger crossed.
  • sizeofvoid
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I suppose you have over a decade of true core fps gaming experience. Ladders, leagues, LAN events etc. I would also assume you have a vast wealth of knowledge in cyber crime, network security, network administration, peer to peer protocols, IP, TCP, UDP, security hashing, lag compensation, extrapolation, interpolation, and a short list of the top ten frostbite engine hacks/cheats including their hooks.
    With all that knowledge under your belt I assume you have designed a code platform or at least a solid outline for detection that doesn't violate TOS and or EULA of the software and or OS. It would be obvious with such knowledge that you fully understand how Punk Buster and Fair Fight work.

Hmm. One must not be a software architect to grasp the obvious fact, that client side operations should be minimized. If one chooses a client-server-achitecture not reflecting this (because its cheaper due to lesser hardware requirements for the servers), then one must not be surprised, when it makes the lives of exploiters even more easy as it is... But also true is, that even without stupid architecture designs hacking can never be prevented entirely in an open environment. Period.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    sizeofvoid wrote: »
    I have set up about 8 different threads to legitimately discuss the potential hackers that could be in BF1. Every single thread has been erased almost immediately. This is a real bad sign that BF1 is soon to be infested with hackers. Dice knows it but don't have any preparations for it.

This is a phenomenon we see for all games (mostly on PC), but I promise you this will also hit consoles in the future, because those platforms get more and more open as well. Just think about making console more modular and upgradeable. Or MS multi-platform approach and the console players desire to have for example access to Fallout/Skyrim mods as well.
    :
    Best to avoid cheaters is to either play one private servers with people you know. Or IMHO best is to look for a more mature player base. So in my experience, the more mature the player base, the less players seem cheat.
    :
    This interesting correlation might probably be rooted in the lack of self-confidence of young adults that forces them to the desire to prove others, how great they are, even it’s only an illusion that ends in self-deception, because in reality they are often the worst players without those cheats. Actually a nice example of cognitive dissonance... :D

+2 for console, never play with a cheater

That right there proves you have no idea what you are talking about. There are cheats on console too.
  • popsicle622
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    Doing the same thing over and over, then expecting a different out come is the definition of insanity.
    Why would dice allow a third party software company to protect their product. This is the definition of crazy, IMHO. PB is hacked to pieces, it only catches the stupid, and FF has lost it's edge way to quickly, and long ago.
    I feel EA has thrown in the towel on their games. And that they feel, their product is not worth protecting.

EA is charging premium price for a game with zero protection against your experience. Is like selling you a car with locks made out of paper. They know it and don't prevent it. BF4db had hacker stats galore. They could have ran down the list and deleted accounts every minute.
  • popsicle622
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Cipax wrote: »
    Please don't allow that free game time garbage in Battlefield 1.

I just cant imagine trying to gun down some of these hackers with WWI weapons. Is hard enough to kill these hackers in BF4 with fully automatic weapons.
  • bkeatonb
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    a few cheaters were present at the alpha. i have also seen a video on youtube of an hack site in june, showing image of hacks and overlays. this means that there is probaly a leak from an insider of the alpha server version, on which are working hackers

• Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bkeatonb wrote: »
    a few cheaters were present at the alpha. i have also seen a video on youtube of an hack site in june, showing image of hacks and overlays. this means that there is probaly a leak from an insider of the alpha server version, on which are working hackers

I doubt it..what it most likely means is there was no anti cheat in place for the alpha, and BF1 is the same engine as BF4 so copy/paste code to work for BF1..probably a limited version as well..
  • bkeatonb
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    B_59238 wrote: »

I doubt it..what it most likely means is there was no anti cheat in place for the alpha, and BF1 is the same engine as BF4 so copy/paste code to work for BF1..probably a limited version as well..

porting hack from one game to another is not a big deal. in all cases, it is the same directx hooking stuff. i doubt they can stop wallhacking. what really hurts me is they do nothing against this proliferation of malicious drivers. some players now do not hide themselves anymore, and even display the hack driver trademark in their logo
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sorry to burst your bubble but threads dont get deleted, they may get moved to areas where the public do not have access which I'm guess is the case regarding this matter.
    Let's keep the conspiracy theories off the forums.

-CB
    "You are allowed to look as long as you close your eyes"...
  • Jabaariyn
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    B_59238 wrote: »

porting hack from one game to another is not a big deal. in all cases, it is the same directx hooking stuff. i doubt they can stop wallhacking. what really hurts me is they do nothing against this proliferation of malicious drivers. some players now do not hide themselves anymore, and even display the hack driver trademark in their logo

i agree, it's a sad state of affairs, and i'm not sure what incentive there is for DICE/EA to do anything more about it than they're already doing. Primary reason is account bans equal profit, hardware bans equal lost profit..
  • fvmz
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Whether or not BF1 receives an effective meaningful anti cheat is going to be determined by how Dice views their game. My guess is that Dice views BF1 differently than we view BF1?

If Dice views BF1 as a viable esport, then it cannot exist without a meaningful effective anti cheat. If Dice views BF1 as a place-holder for their next title, then we'll probably get the same ineffective meaningless anti cheat employed in SW: Battlefront.

I'm hoping for the former. My fear, based on history, is it's going to be the latter.
This discussion has been closed.