Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

They need to nerf horses

Comments

• disposalist
    3412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 17
    Rank 50 cavalry took longer than all the others put together. Cavalry is so powerful? Try it. Even if it were uber-tough (which it isn't) so what? You don't like tanks or planes or elites either?

I guess some people want to be able to solo everything easily as infantry.

EDIT: And they did nerf horse and rider. A few weeks back. Making it barely tougher than infantry.
  • jmgargoyle
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sg2434 wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    You're supposed to shoot the rider not the horse.

Lol I was driving but regardless, horses aren't bulletproof either....

I wasnt talking to you.

Ok but your stating shoot therider not the horse? Neither is bulletproof. So if you can't hit the rider (like he's charging at you) then you should be able to shoot the horse and not have to use a howitzer to do so!

The horse would have died if i shot it three more times.

Edit: I'm still not interested in what you have to say, I know you're just roaming around trying to start arguments with people.

Sorry but we've been discussing this long before you chipped in Richard...
  • jmgargoyle
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I ran my horse into a head on collision with a car once, and the lot of us went up in a flaming explosion. Still not sure how that happened, unless he ran over a mine at that exact instant or what....

That's exactly what I was trying to recreate cuz someone doubted mewhen I mentioned it.....
  • jmgargoyle
    edited May 18
    No. No. No. No. No..... NO.

First of all, horses WERE used offensively in WW1. Granted, when things got stagnated with trench warfare in the western front it was not widely used but cavalry charges happened all the way to 1918. Examples:

-Battle of Mons
    -Attack on High Wood by the Decan Horse
    -Battle of Moreuil Wood in March 1918 where Gordon Flowerdew charged machine gun positions.

Etc.

Cavalry was more widely used on the Eastern front. There is even a case where mounted infantry(Australian Light Horse) charged against Ottoman positions during the battle of Beersheva. You can see a movie clip about that here, pretty cool and smart:

That's just for the British empire. Cavalries from other nations saw action too. Like I said, specially on the eastern front. And in this game, the maps with more cavalry spawns are the Ottoman maps. Which makes sense.

Secondly, they DON'T need to nerf the horse. YOU need to get better at countering them. Sorry but that is the truth. I mostly play cavalry. (Apparently) I have used cavalry for over 271 hours. I have killed over 8000 people with the saber and trampled over 13,000 people with the horse. And let me tell you: to this day I can be easily kill by an experienced player using any class. It is very hard to stay alive as cavalry. You're an easy target because of your size, you're a super easy target for planes and it is really hard to win 1 vs 1 with a tank unless the tank player is really really bad. That's just the way it is. The ones that have it the hardest against cavalry are probably scouts. But experienced players will be succesful in killing cavalry even with scouts. Some piece of advice:

1) Don't be the idiot sniper standing wide open alone on the field without any cover while aiming at people. If you're a sniper find a position which will make it hard for the horse to reach(e.g. behind a rock, dead log). Hell, even grass stops the horse sometimes.

2) If you hear a horse passing by IMMEDIATELY lie down so that the rider won't be able to slash you with the saber.

3) If you're being attacked by a horseman don't turn your back on him. Face the horseman and at the right time go towards the right. That is the horseman's left side and most are not experienced in switching the view to slash toward the left. If the horseman is persistent, he will start circling around you in which case his size will be to your gain. Just empty your cartridge on him. Sometimes the horse is worstly damaged than the rider. A K bullet will do the trick.

4) Granades are your friends. Injure the rider/horse with a granade and finish him with the gun/pistol.

5) Don't be a lone wolf. Stay with your squad or with a group. Concentrated fire will take down a rider in seconds.

GL

As I stated before, I was driving the car, not on the turret.....and happened upon the horse finally, Head on. And of course you don't want it nerfed!? It's your baby and you wouldn't be able to rack up them stats anymore....,??!
  • Forkbeard84
    568 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No. No. No. No. No..... NO.

First of all, horses WERE used offensively in WW1. Granted, when things got stagnated with trench warfare in the western front it was not widely used but cavalry charges happened all the way to 1918. Examples:

-Battle of Mons
    -Attack on High Wood by the Decan Horse
    -Battle of Moreuil Wood in March 1918 where Gordon Flowerdew charged machine gun positions.

Etc.

Cavalry was more widely used on the Eastern front. There is even a case where mounted infantry(Australian Light Horse) charged against Ottoman positions during the battle of Beersheva. You can see a movie clip about that here, pretty cool and smart:

That's just for the British empire. Cavalries from other nations saw action too. Like I said, specially on the eastern front. And in this game, the maps with more cavalry spawns are the Ottoman maps. Which makes sense.

Secondly, they DON'T need to nerf the horse. YOU need to get better at countering them. Sorry but that is the truth. I mostly play cavalry. (Apparently) I have used cavalry for over 271 hours. I have killed over 8000 people with the saber and trampled over 13,000 people with the horse. And let me tell you: to this day I can be easily kill by an experienced player using any class. It is very hard to stay alive as cavalry. You're an easy target because of your size, you're a super easy target for planes and it is really hard to win 1 vs 1 with a tank unless the tank player is really really bad. That's just the way it is. The ones that have it the hardest against cavalry are probably scouts. But experienced players will be succesful in killing cavalry even with scouts. Some piece of advice:

1) Don't be the idiot sniper standing wide open alone on the field without any cover while aiming at people. If you're a sniper find a position which will make it hard for the horse to reach(e.g. behind a rock, dead log). Hell, even grass stops the horse sometimes.

2) If you hear a horse passing by IMMEDIATELY lie down so that the rider won't be able to slash you with the saber.

3) If you're being attacked by a horseman don't turn your back on him. Face the horseman and at the right time go towards the right. That is the horseman's left side and most are not experienced in switching the view to slash toward the left. If the horseman is persistent, he will start circling around you in which case his size will be to your gain. Just empty your cartridge on him. Sometimes the horse is worstly damaged than the rider. A K bullet will do the trick.

4) Granades are your friends. Injure the rider/horse with a granade and finish him with the gun/pistol.

5) Don't be a lone wolf. Stay with your squad or with a group. Concentrated fire will take down a rider in seconds.

GL

Very well said and correct. When deciding whether the horse is balanced, I'm going to put a lot more stock in the opinion of people who actually play the horse and know how it works. People calling for nerfs who have not played the horse much are not credible.
  • jmgargoyle
    Don't have to play the horse a lot in order to know that it shouldn't be able to blow up an armored car by running into it . Keep trying.
  • crabman169
    7560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't have to play the horse a lot in order to know that it shouldn't be able to blow up an armored car by running into it . Keep trying.

So pathetic troll then?

Go watch the numerous bf1 videos out there; the flying dead horses are everywhere caused by any moving vehicle even a motorbike

You are crying over spilt milk and there isn't even any milk
  • bran1986
    1510 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My god people whine about everything. cavalry are fine and are easily killed. They have already been nerfed into near uselessness(which is why you see a lot of time two horses not being used), Did a youtuber or twitch streamer start **** about cavalry or something of late? It seems everyday there are at least 1 or 2 "nerf cavalry" threads. Do people just want to suck all the fun out of this game? Seems like it....
  • disposalist
    3412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    My god people whine about everything. cavalry are fine and are easily killed. They have already been nerfed into near uselessness(which is why you see a lot of time two horses not being used), Did a youtuber or twitch streamer start **** about cavalry or something of late? It seems everyday there are at least 1 or 2 "nerf cavalry" threads. Do people just want to suck all the fun out of this game? Seems like it....
    It a new thing I think. Some sees someone moan about something (a YouTuber often) and think "yeah I once died to that (and I'd look as cool as that YouTuber if I make the same moan)" and off they go.
  • bran1986
    1510 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It a new thing I think. Some sees someone moan about something (a YouTuber often) and think "yeah I once died to that (and I'd look as cool as that YouTuber if I make the same moan)" and off they go.

Just mindless drones.
  • Callahan44er
    4035 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Cavalry nerfs threads are here every week lol. I think nothing else has been nerfed harder since the beta...it's always that fun realism argument when it comes to horses,people want to shoot them with 2 bullets,god knows why...hopefully they get ignored from now on,any more nerf and they could just take cav out of the game.
  • bran1986

Cavalry nerfs threads are here every week lol. I think nothing else has been nerfed harder since the beta...it's always that fun realism argument when it comes to horses,people want to shoot them with 2 bullets,god knows why...hopefully they get ignored from now on,any more nerf and they could just take cav out of the game.

As a medic, I have never had an issue in killing a cavalry player. It is usually, side step and then shoot them. Usually they will end up getting stuck on something in the game, making it even easier. The only time I really get killed by them is when I can't hear the horse coming.
  • kespich
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i think this is a troll post because cavalry at its current state is the worst class, even worse than infantry classes.
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    3315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    EDIT: And they did nerf horse and rider. A few weeks back. Making it barely tougher than infantry.

Yeah, honestly they need to revert it.
    There isn't much of a point to using it when you can die to a sniper in its sweet spot range.
  • disposalist
    kespich wrote: »
    i think this is a troll post because cavalry at its current state is the worst class, even worse than infantry classes.
    Aw that's harsh. It certainly is hard to do well with though. I'm glad my ranking up is done with, but I will still be picking cavalry when it's available.
  • sg2434
    2829 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You're supposed to shoot the rider not the horse.

Lol I was driving but regardless, horses aren't bulletproof either....

I wasnt talking to you.

Ok but your stating shoot therider not the horse? Neither is bulletproof. So if you can't hit the rider (like he's charging at you) then you should be able to shoot the horse and not have to use a howitzer to do so!

The horse would have died if i shot it three more times.

Edit: I'm still not interested in what you have to say, I know you're just roaming around trying to start arguments with people.

Sorry but we've been discussing this long before you chipped in Richard...

Who's we? Not in this thread you haven't. Once more, I don't care about you or what you have to say. Everyone else has already figured out that you're just a sad attempt at a troll.
  • i40ozz
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @matt50015

Are we seriously doing this again? There is a million Cavalry Nerf threads on here. I'm sorry you got powned. Get on a horse and join our bet. Hell, since you look like a noob...we'll handicap it for you.

Get 10 kills on mounted Cavalry and post a video. If you can do that in the next 2 days then we'll allow this silly thread to go on without our silly pro-cavalry comments.

I'm curious as to how many times you will get wrecked by infantry, I'm guessing you'll die more by infantry in the next two days on a horse than all the times a horse killed you since you began your bf1 career.
  • von_Campenstein
    1410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    How about instead of more nerfs the horse gets a jump button or would that be too high fantasy?
  • Forkbeard84
    568 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 18

Do we really need to go over this again? If a horse blows up an armored car by crashing into it, then it is an extremely rare occurence. Maybe there were some AT grenades you didnt notice. Maybe the car was on its last legs anyways? Doubt it was at full health.

So you are calling for a nerf on the horse based on this claim alone. Thats really weak. You already admitted you dont play the horse much. So you are pushing an agenda to nerf the horse based on a very narrow perception.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!