They need to nerf horses

Comments

  • RomioiStrategos
    237 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 19
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    i think this is a troll post because cavalry at its current state is the worst class, even worse than infantry classes.

    If it's the worst class, how is it blowing up vehicles by just running into them? And how come I couldn't kill the horse by ramming it with the armored car? Head on the first time, and into the rear kegstge second time from behind on the left only to have it visually glitch through the horse and front end of the car ended up to the right of the horse. Yet only 22 damage and 40.damage for the first hit.....

    How come 20 minutes ago I passed THROUGH a group of 7 infantry in close proximity to each other and I didn't get a single kill even though I clearly saw my horse running them over? Maybe infantry should be nerfed? lol? OR Maybe the game is not perfect, that is why. Also, you did not say what your ping was during that game.
    kespich wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    i think this is a troll post because cavalry at its current state is the worst class, even worse than infantry classes.

    If it's the worst class, how is it blowing up vehicles by just running into them? And how come I couldn't kill the horse by ramming it with the armored car? Head on the first time, and into the rear kegstge second time from behind on the left only to have it visually glitch through the horse and front end of the car ended up to the right of the horse. Yet only 22 damage and 40.damage for the first hit.....

    but you are listing me the bugs involving cavalry class. and why are you so obsessed with roadkilling a horse? why do you think the horse should be killed that easily, because it makes sense in real life? game mechanics don't have to adhere to laws of nature

    want to effectively kill cavalry?

    1- Turn the volume on; you don't even need visual markers to know where a cavalry is. it's that hard.
    2 - use AT-rockets, one single well placed shot can bring down a cavalry.
    3 - use at-mines, they are more like proximity mines than trigger mines.
    4 - use tripwire bombs, especially incendiary
    5 - use incendiary bomb, easy.


    cavalry class is trash, you can't see it unless you play with it.

    Or just use an lmg or smg when they are near you.1 magazine should do it. Im not sure if mines should kill horses,they sometimes do but i think it's a bug? Dynamite is extremly effective against horses as well. Besides sniperrifles it's easy to kill cav with every class..when playing scout i usually just try to hide,if the rider gets of his horse the bayonet comes into play.

    Yesterday I was killed by a single sniper shot and I'm sure I wasn't that badly injured. Also, today I got 67 damage from a sniper shot and it wasn't a K bullet AFAIK. I think they buffed up scout rifles against cavalry recently.
    TamKingski wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Don't have to play the horse a lot in order to know that it shouldn't be able to blow up an armored car by running into it . Keep trying.

    Do we really need to go over this again? If a horse blows up an armored car by crashing into it, then it is an extremely rare occurence. Maybe there were some AT grenades you didnt notice. Maybe the car was on its last legs anyways? Doubt it was at full health.

    So you are calling for a nerf on the horse based on this claim alone. Thats really weak. You already admitted you dont play the horse much. So you are pushing an agenda to nerf the horse based on a very narrow perception.

    I'm basing it off the video I made? Horse shouldn't live through a head on collision with an armored car?!! Let alone kill a car (which is what happened the first time and what I was attempting to recreate)

    I would give it up op you wont get an unbiased discussion here,just horse mains doing their best to justify any inbalance,I do agree horse and rider should not survive a head on hit from an armoured vehicle.

    Its funny when you hear the horse mains claim cavalry is the worse class in the game,even though they have 50 stars and boast about getting 20/30 kills a game with it.

    Cavalry is like a 1 man squad,they have assault class grenades for AT/medics health packs/supports ammo packs/a 2 shot scout rifle/borderline elite strength armour on and off the horse/can survive head on hits from armoured vehicles. You really got to laugh at the worst class claims.

    I dont know about anyone else but i dont know of any other class ingame that boasts all these perks and versatility all rolled into 1.
    Cavalry certainly is not the weakest class in the game,far from it.

    The only inbalance here would be further hindering cavalry. Class in which clearly you have no experience. The horse does NOT survive a head on collision with another vehicle. At least not always. I was killed by two motorcycles yesterday on Sinai. Today a heavy tank lightly touched me while moving in revere and I died immediately. Does that mean they should nerf the heavy tank? Maybe it really means that I should not have been behind it in the first place.

    Also, I never said the horse was the weakest class. I see some evidence for it, though. Go to battlefield tracker and see out of all classes which one has the lowest maximum score. If you guess cavalry you will be correct. Now, go check the number of kills. Again, correct. Cavalry has the lowest maximum amount of kills out of all (land) classes. Mind you, the tracker only counts kills done with the rifle and pistol for that. If you include both horse tramplings and sword kills, the guy who has killed the most with cavalry had 40,000 kills to his name. That is less than half than than Medics. Can you guess why? Because it is hard to master cavalry despite all the perks to which you attribute all our success. You get killed really easily on the horse. And you people want to nerf it further? I'm sorry but you're crazy.
  • jmgargoyle
    2360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 19
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    i think this is a troll post because cavalry at its current state is the worst class, even worse than infantry classes.

    If it's the worst class, how is it blowing up vehicles by just running into them? And how come I couldn't kill the horse by ramming it with the armored car? Head on the first time, and into the rear kegstge second time from behind on the left only to have it visually glitch through the horse and front end of the car ended up to the right of the horse. Yet only 22 damage and 40.damage for the first hit.....

    How come 20 minutes ago I passed THROUGH a group of 7 infantry in close proximity to each other and I didn't get a single kill even though I clearly saw my horse running them over? Maybe infantry should be nerfed? lol? OR Maybe the game is not perfect, that is why. Also, you did not say what your ping was during that game.
    kespich wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    i think this is a troll post because cavalry at its current state is the worst class, even worse than infantry classes.

    If it's the worst class, how is it blowing up vehicles by just running into them? And how come I couldn't kill the horse by ramming it with the armored car? Head on the first time, and into the rear kegstge second time from behind on the left only to have it visually glitch through the horse and front end of the car ended up to the right of the horse. Yet only 22 damage and 40.damage for the first hit.....

    but you are listing me the bugs involving cavalry class. and why are you so obsessed with roadkilling a horse? why do you think the horse should be killed that easily, because it makes sense in real life? game mechanics don't have to adhere to laws of nature

    want to effectively kill cavalry?

    1- Turn the volume on; you don't even need visual markers to know where a cavalry is. it's that hard.
    2 - use AT-rockets, one single well placed shot can bring down a cavalry.
    3 - use at-mines, they are more like proximity mines than trigger mines.
    4 - use tripwire bombs, especially incendiary
    5 - use incendiary bomb, easy.


    cavalry class is trash, you can't see it unless you play with it.

    Or just use an lmg or smg when they are near you.1 magazine should do it. Im not sure if mines should kill horses,they sometimes do but i think it's a bug? Dynamite is extremly effective against horses as well. Besides sniperrifles it's easy to kill cav with every class..when playing scout i usually just try to hide,if the rider gets of his horse the bayonet comes into play.

    Yesterday I was killed by a single sniper shot and I'm sure I wasn't that badly injured. Also, today I got 67 damage from a sniper shot and it wasn't a K bullet AFAIK. I think they buffed up scout rifles against cavalry recently.
    TamKingski wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Don't have to play the horse a lot in order to know that it shouldn't be able to blow up an armored car by running into it . Keep trying.

    Do we really need to go over this again? If a horse blows up an armored car by crashing into it, then it is an extremely rare occurence. Maybe there were some AT grenades you didnt notice. Maybe the car was on its last legs anyways? Doubt it was at full health.

    So you are calling for a nerf on the horse based on this claim alone. Thats really weak. You already admitted you dont play the horse much. So you are pushing an agenda to nerf the horse based on a very narrow perception.

    I'm basing it off the video I made? Horse shouldn't live through a head on collision with an armored car?!! Let alone kill a car (which is what happened the first time and what I was attempting to recreate)

    I would give it up op you wont get an unbiased discussion here,just horse mains doing their best to justify any inbalance,I do agree horse and rider should not survive a head on hit from an armoured vehicle.

    Its funny when you hear the horse mains claim cavalry is the worse class in the game,even though they have 50 stars and boast about getting 20/30 kills a game with it.

    Cavalry is like a 1 man squad,they have assault class grenades for AT/medics health packs/supports ammo packs/a 2 shot scout rifle/borderline elite strength armour on and off the horse/can survive head on hits from armoured vehicles. You really got to laugh at the worst class claims.

    I dont know about anyone else but i dont know of any other class ingame that boasts all these perks and versatility all rolled into 1.
    Cavalry certainly is not the weakest class in the game,far from it.

    The only inbalance here would be further hindering cavalry. Class in which clearly you have no experience. The horse does NOT survive a head on collision with another vehicle. At least not always. I was killed by two motorcycles yesterday on Sinai. Today a heavy tank lightly touched me while moving in revere and I died immediately. Does that mean they should nerf the heavy tank? Maybe it really means that I should not have been behind it in the first place.

    Also, I never said the horse was the weakest class. I see some evidence for it, though. Go to battlefield tracker and see out of all classes which one has the lowest maximum score. If you guess cavalry you will be correct. Now, go check the number of kills. Again, correct. Cavalry has the lowest maximum amount of kills out of all (land) classes. Mind you, the tracker only counts kills done with the rifle and pistol for that. If you include both horse tramplings and sword kills, the guy who has killed the most with cavalry had 40,000 kills to his name. That is less than half than than Medics. Can you guess why? Because it is hard to master cavalry despite all the perks to which you attribute all our success. You get killed really easily on the horse. And you people want to nerf it further? I'm sorry but you're crazy.

    You obviously haven't watched the video if you claim that a horse DOES NOT survive In a head on crash with another vehicle.... ??!!! The video is proof enough to dispute what you claim!!



    Now watch the video then try to say that!! But no, please don't nerf your poor horse....
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 19
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    i think this is a troll post because cavalry at its current state is the worst class, even worse than infantry classes.

    If it's the worst class, how is it blowing up vehicles by just running into them? And how come I couldn't kill the horse by ramming it with the armored car? Head on the first time, and into the rear kegstge second time from behind on the left only to have it visually glitch through the horse and front end of the car ended up to the right of the horse. Yet only 22 damage and 40.damage for the first hit.....

    How come 20 minutes ago I passed THROUGH a group of 7 infantry in close proximity to each other and I didn't get a single kill even though I clearly saw my horse running them over? Maybe infantry should be nerfed? lol? OR Maybe the game is not perfect, that is why. Also, you did not say what your ping was during that game.
    kespich wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    i think this is a troll post because cavalry at its current state is the worst class, even worse than infantry classes.

    If it's the worst class, how is it blowing up vehicles by just running into them? And how come I couldn't kill the horse by ramming it with the armored car? Head on the first time, and into the rear kegstge second time from behind on the left only to have it visually glitch through the horse and front end of the car ended up to the right of the horse. Yet only 22 damage and 40.damage for the first hit.....

    but you are listing me the bugs involving cavalry class. and why are you so obsessed with roadkilling a horse? why do you think the horse should be killed that easily, because it makes sense in real life? game mechanics don't have to adhere to laws of nature

    want to effectively kill cavalry?

    1- Turn the volume on; you don't even need visual markers to know where a cavalry is. it's that hard.
    2 - use AT-rockets, one single well placed shot can bring down a cavalry.
    3 - use at-mines, they are more like proximity mines than trigger mines.
    4 - use tripwire bombs, especially incendiary
    5 - use incendiary bomb, easy.


    cavalry class is trash, you can't see it unless you play with it.

    Or just use an lmg or smg when they are near you.1 magazine should do it. Im not sure if mines should kill horses,they sometimes do but i think it's a bug? Dynamite is extremly effective against horses as well. Besides sniperrifles it's easy to kill cav with every class..when playing scout i usually just try to hide,if the rider gets of his horse the bayonet comes into play.

    Yesterday I was killed by a single sniper shot and I'm sure I wasn't that badly injured. Also, today I got 67 damage from a sniper shot and it wasn't a K bullet AFAIK. I think they buffed up scout rifles against cavalry recently.
    TamKingski wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Don't have to play the horse a lot in order to know that it shouldn't be able to blow up an armored car by running into it . Keep trying.

    Do we really need to go over this again? If a horse blows up an armored car by crashing into it, then it is an extremely rare occurence. Maybe there were some AT grenades you didnt notice. Maybe the car was on its last legs anyways? Doubt it was at full health.

    So you are calling for a nerf on the horse based on this claim alone. Thats really weak. You already admitted you dont play the horse much. So you are pushing an agenda to nerf the horse based on a very narrow perception.

    I'm basing it off the video I made? Horse shouldn't live through a head on collision with an armored car?!! Let alone kill a car (which is what happened the first time and what I was attempting to recreate)

    I would give it up op you wont get an unbiased discussion here,just horse mains doing their best to justify any inbalance,I do agree horse and rider should not survive a head on hit from an armoured vehicle.

    Its funny when you hear the horse mains claim cavalry is the worse class in the game,even though they have 50 stars and boast about getting 20/30 kills a game with it.

    Cavalry is like a 1 man squad,they have assault class grenades for AT/medics health packs/supports ammo packs/a 2 shot scout rifle/borderline elite strength armour on and off the horse/can survive head on hits from armoured vehicles. You really got to laugh at the worst class claims.

    I dont know about anyone else but i dont know of any other class ingame that boasts all these perks and versatility all rolled into 1.
    Cavalry certainly is not the weakest class in the game,far from it.

    The only inbalance here would be further hindering cavalry. Class in which clearly you have no experience. The horse does NOT survive a head on collision with another vehicle. At least not always. I was killed by two motorcycles yesterday on Sinai. Today a heavy tank lightly touched me while moving in revere and I died immediately. Does that mean they should nerf the heavy tank? Maybe it really means that I should not have been behind it in the first place.

    Also, I never said the horse was the weakest class. I see some evidence for it, though. Go to battlefield tracker and see out of all classes which one has the lowest maximum score. If you guess cavalry you will be correct. Now, go check the number of kills. Again, correct. Cavalry has the lowest maximum amount of kills out of all (land) classes. Mind you, the tracker only counts kills done with the rifle and pistol for that. If you include both horse tramplings and sword kills, the guy who has killed the most with cavalry had 40,000 kills to his name. That is less than half than than Medics. Can you guess why? Because it is hard to master cavalry despite all the perks to which you attribute all our success. You get killed really easily on the horse. And you people want to nerf it further? I'm sorry but you're crazy.

    You obviously haven't watched the video if you claim that a horse DOES NOT survive In a head on crash with another vehicle.... ??!!! The video is proof enough to dispute what you claim!!



    Now watch the video then try to say that!! But no, please don't nerf your poor horse....

    To me it looked like the first time you tried hitting the horse it jumped over the truck. The second time looked like a bit of lag maybe( yours or his)...so it just got pushed to the side. I have that happen when hitting infantry dead on.

    Horses and Cav don't need nerfed. Armored trucks and cars have eggshell front ends anyway....hit anything solid at high speed and they blow up.

    Just get out and kill them next time.
  • i40ozz
    192 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @jmgargoyle

    I think you've been trumped here bud.

    There is plenty of video evidence showing that a horse is getting killed by vehicles at various angles. I think you were probably just lagging or something.

    Also, I find it ironic that you're so mad about the horse, when you are using the armored car exactly how somebody would use the horse. e.g. riding around an open area mowing people over.

    Cavalry doesn't need a nerf, especially after they just nerfed the armor on the last update. Just leave the damn cavalry alone already. You're running through 2 threads begging for a nerf because you couldn't kill a horse with a car, come on man...It's a video game.
  • HKMercenary
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't mind if the cavalry rider gets a bit of damage resistance from small arms fire, but when you hit them (and the horse) with a Field cannon, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Limpet charge, or a Tank shell, they should be dead (or extremely close to it). And that protection should not be gained when you jump onto a horse after spawning as regular infantry. I don't become a tanker just because I hopped in a tank at some point. If you spawn as a Cavalry rider, fine, get like 15% damage reduction or something, but they are way too hard to kill, even off the horse. Some people get on one just to get the damage mitigation so they can win gunfights.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 19
    I don't mind if the cavalry rider gets a bit of damage resistance from small arms fire, but when you hit them (and the horse) with a Field cannon, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Limpet charge, or a Tank shell, they should be dead (or extremely close to it). And that protection should not be gained when you jump onto a horse after spawning as regular infantry. I don't become a tanker just because I hopped in a tank at some point. If you spawn as a Cavalry rider, fine, get like 15% damage reduction or something, but they are way too hard to kill, even off the horse. Some people get on one just to get the damage mitigation so they can win gunfights.

    normal infantry on a horse still have normal infantry health. They die really fast. >:)

    And when they get back off the horse they are still whatever class they were to begin with. The horse only becomes transportation and you get to use the 1895 or sabre while on the horse only.
  • TamKingski
    1233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 19
    Only ones i see crying are insecure horse mains trying anything to keep their preferred class from getting any balance changes. The childish insults and personal attacks and stat bashing are all proof of this.

    As for your excuse that because i havent spent 100 hrs or have 50 stars with the horse im not allowed to have an opinion,thats laughable.
    Not that i should need to justify it but As an FYI i used cavalry alot in the beta and had no desire to use it ingame on retail,i prefer to run with my squad/team over running around on my own on a horse. Once im bored with other classes I may or may not level up cavalry.
  • jmgargoyle
    2360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 19
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    i think this is a troll post because cavalry at its current state is the worst class, even worse than infantry classes.

    If it's the worst class, how is it blowing up vehicles by just running into them? And how come I couldn't kill the horse by ramming it with the armored car? Head on the first time, and into the rear kegstge second time from behind on the left only to have it visually glitch through the horse and front end of the car ended up to the right of the horse. Yet only 22 damage and 40.damage for the first hit.....

    How come 20 minutes ago I passed THROUGH a group of 7 infantry in close proximity to each other and I didn't get a single kill even though I clearly saw my horse running them over? Maybe infantry should be nerfed? lol? OR Maybe the game is not perfect, that is why. Also, you did not say what your ping was during that game.
    kespich wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    i think this is a troll post because cavalry at its current state is the worst class, even worse than infantry classes.

    If it's the worst class, how is it blowing up vehicles by just running into them? And how come I couldn't kill the horse by ramming it with the armored car? Head on the first time, and into the rear kegstge second time from behind on the left only to have it visually glitch through the horse and front end of the car ended up to the right of the horse. Yet only 22 damage and 40.damage for the first hit.....

    but you are listing me the bugs involving cavalry class. and why are you so obsessed with roadkilling a horse? why do you think the horse should be killed that easily, because it makes sense in real life? game mechanics don't have to adhere to laws of nature

    want to effectively kill cavalry?

    1- Turn the volume on; you don't even need visual markers to know where a cavalry is. it's that hard.
    2 - use AT-rockets, one single well placed shot can bring down a cavalry.
    3 - use at-mines, they are more like proximity mines than trigger mines.
    4 - use tripwire bombs, especially incendiary
    5 - use incendiary bomb, easy.


    cavalry class is trash, you can't see it unless you play with it.

    Or just use an lmg or smg when they are near you.1 magazine should do it. Im not sure if mines should kill horses,they sometimes do but i think it's a bug? Dynamite is extremly effective against horses as well. Besides sniperrifles it's easy to kill cav with every class..when playing scout i usually just try to hide,if the rider gets of his horse the bayonet comes into play.

    Yesterday I was killed by a single sniper shot and I'm sure I wasn't that badly injured. Also, today I got 67 damage from a sniper shot and it wasn't a K bullet AFAIK. I think they buffed up scout rifles against cavalry recently.
    TamKingski wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Don't have to play the horse a lot in order to know that it shouldn't be able to blow up an armored car by running into it . Keep trying.

    Do we really need to go over this again? If a horse blows up an armored car by crashing into it, then it is an extremely rare occurence. Maybe there were some AT grenades you didnt notice. Maybe the car was on its last legs anyways? Doubt it was at full health.

    So you are calling for a nerf on the horse based on this claim alone. Thats really weak. You already admitted you dont play the horse much. So you are pushing an agenda to nerf the horse based on a very narrow perception.

    I'm basing it off the video I made? Horse shouldn't live through a head on collision with an armored car?!! Let alone kill a car (which is what happened the first time and what I was attempting to recreate)

    I would give it up op you wont get an unbiased discussion here,just horse mains doing their best to justify any inbalance,I do agree horse and rider should not survive a head on hit from an armoured vehicle.

    Its funny when you hear the horse mains claim cavalry is the worse class in the game,even though they have 50 stars and boast about getting 20/30 kills a game with it.

    Cavalry is like a 1 man squad,they have assault class grenades for AT/medics health packs/supports ammo packs/a 2 shot scout rifle/borderline elite strength armour on and off the horse/can survive head on hits from armoured vehicles. You really got to laugh at the worst class claims.

    I dont know about anyone else but i dont know of any other class ingame that boasts all these perks and versatility all rolled into 1.
    Cavalry certainly is not the weakest class in the game,far from it.

    The only inbalance here would be further hindering cavalry. Class in which clearly you have no experience. The horse does NOT survive a head on collision with another vehicle. At least not always. I was killed by two motorcycles yesterday on Sinai. Today a heavy tank lightly touched me while moving in revere and I died immediately. Does that mean they should nerf the heavy tank? Maybe it really means that I should not have been behind it in the first place.

    Also, I never said the horse was the weakest class. I see some evidence for it, though. Go to battlefield tracker and see out of all classes which one has the lowest maximum score. If you guess cavalry you will be correct. Now, go check the number of kills. Again, correct. Cavalry has the lowest maximum amount of kills out of all (land) classes. Mind you, the tracker only counts kills done with the rifle and pistol for that. If you include both horse tramplings and sword kills, the guy who has killed the most with cavalry had 40,000 kills to his name. That is less than half than than Medics. Can you guess why? Because it is hard to master cavalry despite all the perks to which you attribute all our success. You get killed really easily on the horse. And you people want to nerf it further? I'm sorry but you're crazy.

    You obviously haven't watched the video if you claim that a horse DOES NOT survive In a head on crash with another vehicle.... ??!!! The video is proof enough to dispute what you claim!!



    Now watch the video then try to say that!! But no, please don't nerf your poor horse....
    Ok so you went at the horse head on. It jumped/grazed you and it still took 40 damage. You took none. But the horse is OP?

    i just made a vid too. Various angles and speeds. Horse damaged when the car is anything but stationery. More damage the more angle toward the front impact. Direct front impact? Horse stone dead - zero damage to car.

    And I had it do the exact opposite last week. Head on with the car, (thinking it would die) the armored car blew up?! There's another person it happened to as well. THATS why I said they're op. I don't really care about Calvary in general but I feel this obviously shouldn't be happening.... Now I hope you understand? That's the reason I made this video. I was trying to recreate the death to show.....
  • i40ozz
    192 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't mind if the cavalry rider gets a bit of damage resistance from small arms fire, but when you hit them (and the horse) with a Field cannon, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Limpet charge, or a Tank shell, they should be dead (or extremely close to it). And that protection should not be gained when you jump onto a horse after spawning as regular infantry. I don't become a tanker just because I hopped in a tank at some point. If you spawn as a Cavalry rider, fine, get like 15% damage reduction or something, but they are way too hard to kill, even off the horse. Some people get on one just to get the damage mitigation so they can win gunfights.

    The proof is in the pudding, watch the above videos and see how easy it is to kill a horse.

    If you hit a cavalry with any of those above stated items perfectly they will die, except AT nades,....because they have been nerfed.
  • Forkbeard84
    1172 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Someone thats never played the horse much crying for a nerf. I'm not learning anything here except how invincible ignorance works.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When I hit a horse with a car or armored car there is only a small chance of killing it. Even direct headons have left the horse and rider alive despite top speed. This is almost as ludicrous as being trampled to death everytime a horse runs into you.
  • jmgargoyle
    2360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 19
    i40ozz wrote: »
    I don't mind if the cavalry rider gets a bit of damage resistance from small arms fire, but when you hit them (and the horse) with a Field cannon, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Limpet charge, or a Tank shell, they should be dead (or extremely close to it). And that protection should not be gained when you jump onto a horse after spawning as regular infantry. I don't become a tanker just because I hopped in a tank at some point. If you spawn as a Cavalry rider, fine, get like 15% damage reduction or something, but they are way too hard to kill, even off the horse. Some people get on one just to get the damage mitigation so they can win gunfights.

    The proof is in the pudding, watch the above videos and see how easy it is to kill a horse.

    If you hit a cavalry with any of those above stated items perfectly they will die, except AT nades,....because they have been nerfed.

    Maybe , so? That isn't what we were debating in here though. We were debating horse vs vehicles....yes a horse should die if shot by a cannon? Or whichever one of those you want to pick? That makes sense.as does the fact that an armored vehicle should kill one as well....it's not a yugo, it's an armored car!!
    Someone thats never played the horse much crying for a nerf. I'm not learning anything here except how invincible ignorance works.

    We gave up on you learning anything a long time ago. Common sense isn't so common it seems. The only people saying it doesn't need nerfed are the Calvary stat ****** that use it to pad their stats. Everyone else uses logic and common sense to play the game. Sorry you few can't figure that out. As for me trying so hard? Your trying just as hard as I am to keep your padding horse so were even.......
  • i40ozz
    192 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    i40ozz wrote: »
    I don't mind if the cavalry rider gets a bit of damage resistance from small arms fire, but when you hit them (and the horse) with a Field cannon, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Limpet charge, or a Tank shell, they should be dead (or extremely close to it). And that protection should not be gained when you jump onto a horse after spawning as regular infantry. I don't become a tanker just because I hopped in a tank at some point. If you spawn as a Cavalry rider, fine, get like 15% damage reduction or something, but they are way too hard to kill, even off the horse. Some people get on one just to get the damage mitigation so they can win gunfights.

    The proof is in the pudding, watch the above videos and see how easy it is to kill a horse.

    If you hit a cavalry with any of those above stated items perfectly they will die, except AT nades,....because they have been nerfed.

    Maybe , so? That isn't what we were debating in here though. We were debating horse vs vehicles....yes a horse should die if shot by a cannon? Or whichever one of those you want to pick? That makes sense.as does the fact that an armored vehicle should kill one as well....it's not a yugo, it's an armored car!!

    Dude, back with the car again?

    We just showed you it dying from a vehicle. What do you want here man? Do you want the cavalry to be nerfed? Do you want a horse to die if it touches a car? Do you want things to be more realistic?

    We're showing you the horse die by a vehicle in both of these dumb nerf threads. You had a one-off experience where that wasn't the case. How often does this happen to you? If you really want the horse to die if it touches your vehicle, spawn in a tank, not this poor-man's version, armored car.
  • von_Campenstein
    2982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    hawcer wrote: »
    I don't mind if the cavalry rider gets a bit of damage resistance from small arms fire, but when you hit them (and the horse) with a Field cannon, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Limpet charge, or a Tank shell, they should be dead (or extremely close to it). And that protection should not be gained when you jump onto a horse after spawning as regular infantry. I don't become a tanker just because I hopped in a tank at some point. If you spawn as a Cavalry rider, fine, get like 15% damage reduction or something, but they are way too hard to kill, even off the horse. Some people get on one just to get the damage mitigation so they can win gunfights.

    normal infantry on a horse still have normal infantry health. They die really fast. >:)

    And when they get back off the horse they are still whatever class they were to begin with. The horse only becomes transportation and you get to use the 1895 or sabre while on the horse only.

    Don't forget the light AT grenades, health and ammo pouches, the latter two the only sane reason why anyone would want to get on a horse these days.
  • HardAimedKid
    10236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    i40ozz wrote: »
    I don't mind if the cavalry rider gets a bit of damage resistance from small arms fire, but when you hit them (and the horse) with a Field cannon, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Limpet charge, or a Tank shell, they should be dead (or extremely close to it). And that protection should not be gained when you jump onto a horse after spawning as regular infantry. I don't become a tanker just because I hopped in a tank at some point. If you spawn as a Cavalry rider, fine, get like 15% damage reduction or something, but they are way too hard to kill, even off the horse. Some people get on one just to get the damage mitigation so they can win gunfights.

    The proof is in the pudding, watch the above videos and see how easy it is to kill a horse.

    If you hit a cavalry with any of those above stated items perfectly they will die, except AT nades,....because they have been nerfed.

    Maybe , so? That isn't what we were debating in here though. We were debating horse vs vehicles....yes a horse should die if shot by a cannon? Or whichever one of those you want to pick? That makes sense.as does the fact that an armored vehicle should kill one as well....it's not a yugo, it's an armored car!!
    Someone thats never played the horse much crying for a nerf. I'm not learning anything here except how invincible ignorance works.

    We gave up on you learning anything a long time ago. Common sense isn't so common it seems. The only people saying it doesn't need nerfed are the Calvary stat ****** that use it to pad their stats. Everyone else uses logic and common sense to play the game. Sorry you few can't figure that out. As for me trying so hard? Your trying just as hard as I am to keep your padding horse so were even.......

    You're not using logic. You're upset that you can't kill horses so you're crying about not being able to kill horses. They are easy to kill, you just obviously struggle with them. There's nothing wrong with that. Where there is something wrong is you wanting to nerf a whole class because you struggle...
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    i40ozz wrote: »
    I don't mind if the cavalry rider gets a bit of damage resistance from small arms fire, but when you hit them (and the horse) with a Field cannon, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Limpet charge, or a Tank shell, they should be dead (or extremely close to it). And that protection should not be gained when you jump onto a horse after spawning as regular infantry. I don't become a tanker just because I hopped in a tank at some point. If you spawn as a Cavalry rider, fine, get like 15% damage reduction or something, but they are way too hard to kill, even off the horse. Some people get on one just to get the damage mitigation so they can win gunfights.

    The proof is in the pudding, watch the above videos and see how easy it is to kill a horse.

    If you hit a cavalry with any of those above stated items perfectly they will die, except AT nades,....because they have been nerfed.

    Maybe , so? That isn't what we were debating in here though. We were debating horse vs vehicles....yes a horse should die if shot by a cannon? Or whichever one of those you want to pick? That makes sense.as does the fact that an armored vehicle should kill one as well....it's not a yugo, it's an armored car!!
    Someone thats never played the horse much crying for a nerf. I'm not learning anything here except how invincible ignorance works.

    We gave up on you learning anything a long time ago. Common sense isn't so common it seems. The only people saying it doesn't need nerfed are the Calvary stat ****** that use it to pad their stats. Everyone else uses logic and common sense to play the game. Sorry you few can't figure that out. As for me trying so hard? Your trying just as hard as I am to keep your padding horse so were even.......

    I rarely (never really) use cavalry. The only stats I have from it is when my son uses my account or I jump on a horse to get somewhere faster..
    I have nothing to gain for keeping horses they why they are. I'm not trying to defend my precious cavalry class...if anything a nerf would help me quit a bit, but I don't think it is needed.

    Someday though, when I do decide to use it more, I hope it's not so pathetic that the motorcycle becomes more OP than the cavalry class.
  • jmgargoyle
    2360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    i40ozz wrote: »
    I don't mind if the cavalry rider gets a bit of damage resistance from small arms fire, but when you hit them (and the horse) with a Field cannon, Rocket Gun, AT Grenades, Limpet charge, or a Tank shell, they should be dead (or extremely close to it). And that protection should not be gained when you jump onto a horse after spawning as regular infantry. I don't become a tanker just because I hopped in a tank at some point. If you spawn as a Cavalry rider, fine, get like 15% damage reduction or something, but they are way too hard to kill, even off the horse. Some people get on one just to get the damage mitigation so they can win gunfights.

    The proof is in the pudding, watch the above videos and see how easy it is to kill a horse.

    If you hit a cavalry with any of those above stated items perfectly they will die, except AT nades,....because they have been nerfed.

    Maybe , so? That isn't what we were debating in here though. We were debating horse vs vehicles....yes a horse should die if shot by a cannon? Or whichever one of those you want to pick? That makes sense.as does the fact that an armored vehicle should kill one as well....it's not a yugo, it's an armored car!!
    Someone thats never played the horse much crying for a nerf. I'm not learning anything here except how invincible ignorance works.

    We gave up on you learning anything a long time ago. Common sense isn't so common it seems. The only people saying it doesn't need nerfed are the Calvary stat ****** that use it to pad their stats. Everyone else uses logic and common sense to play the game. Sorry you few can't figure that out. As for me trying so hard? Your trying just as hard as I am to keep your padding horse so were even.......

    You're not using logic. You're upset that you can't kill horses so you're crying about not being able to kill horses. They are easy to kill, you just obviously struggle with them. There's nothing wrong with that. Where there is something wrong is you wanting to nerf a whole class because you struggle...

    That's just it, I've killed plenty of them shooting. Yet i run into one with an armored car and can't?? Now guesstimate how much an armored car weighs? Logic says it should kill a horse at that speed and impact. That's all I've been trying to say!!? It's just another example of stat padders that have found a way to free points and don't want to lose it. Maybe a nerfisnt the right terminology. It needs tweaked so as to not be able to blow up vehicles by merely running into them....especially when it only does 40 damage.
  • i40ozz
    192 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @jmgargoyle

    Stat padders...come'on dude...No one here is trying to run into an armored car. Maybe throw some nades at them, but be for real.

    And are you going to answer my questions or not?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!