Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

The Unwritten Rules of Class Roleplay

MurdaGhostin
25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited May 19
When playing assault, you are the aggressor for both your team, as well as, your squad. You role involves pushing hard against the enemy.. and the objectives. You are equipped with fully automatic submachine guns and shotguns to blast your way through any obstacle that stands in the way. Also, you are equipped with anti-tank equipment such as: grenades, rocket gun, and mines. So, if your team is being bombarded by a tank or artillery truck then you are the one responsible to take out the threat.

÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-

Medic Class

When playing medic, you are responsible for keeping your fellow teammates, in your squad AND on the other squads, alive and healed up. You are equipped with a medical syringe and a medical pack/pouch for a reason. Anytime a teammate is killed your job is to REVIVE the downed player. Your role is very important, and we all need you to have our backs in the game. The medical pack/pouch is used for HEALING your teammates when their health is low. You do not have to throw it down in an emergency situation just simply throw one down when you see another teammate, whether they need it or not. You have a semi-automatic rifle to protect your team from flanks, incoming enemies, or to fight off an enemy so you can REVIVE a teammate. It should not be used to go "rambo" as you are an important role in the game. Again, use your medical syringe to REVIVE a downed teammate everytime AND use your medical pack/pouch to HEAL your teammates whether or not they need it.

÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-

Support Class

As a support gunner, you're reaponsible for just that, SUPPORT. You are equipped with fully-automatic light machine guns to suppress the enemy while your teammates help capture the objectives. Also, your are equipped with AMMO PACKS/POUCHES to relieve your fellow teammates with ammo, because believe it or not you do not have unlimited ammo in the game. Also, you have artillery to suppress the enemy from the objectives, as well as, knock out buildings that the enemy has held captive. If needed, you must also 'support' your team against tanks and artillery trucks with artillery. If you are support you must carry ammo because otherwise you're useless as a support player.

÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-

Scout Class

As a scout, you're responsible for scouting the area, guarding the outline of the objective, and snipe off incoming threats. You are not used for close quarters, but if skilled enough you may use your aggression to overthrow the enemy in combat when all else fails. You must still play/push for the objective even though you are carrying a long range rifle, meaning if you camp the entire game you are useless as a recon/scout and a teammate. You are equipped with a "spotting" flare guns so use is wisely to help your team see where the enemies are on the minima (if applicable) OR a "flash" flare gun to blind hidden snipers so your team doesn't get popped off. You also have a trench scope that comes in handy to tag enemy targets (if applicable). The main point, a scout player's role is to recon the area rather than push the objective. Again, if you are skilled you can be a great asset to your team by playing aggressive, but it is not preferred.

÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-

This post was made to inform players of the play style that BATTLEFIELD 1 was intended for. If you have any opinions or add-in please feel free to post a comment below. I would love to hear all the Community's Opinions.

Comments

• Loqtrall
    7401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't really agree with the Scout's role too much. You can PTFO with them aggressively the majority of the time if you don't suck. But I understand wanting to confine it to mostly a support role considering the majority of people playing the game couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were inside the barn.
  • full951
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tldr

I think people will decide on their own how to play a class no matter how much advice they are given
  • oof14346
    862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Don't really agree with the Scout's role too much. You can PTFO with them aggressively the majority of the time if you don't suck. But I understand wanting to confine it to mostly a support role considering the majority of people playing the game couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were inside the barn.

You couldn't hit the floor if you fell on it!
  • Jayremie570
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think players should learn to use pouches on medic and support.

With medic you can heal on the move when you have pouches. No need to stand and slowly heal only to be killed for standing in the same spot.

Same for support. Pouches are better because they resupply flares instantly, at rockets and the like. I know we still need a few guys running crates for grenades, but honestly i wouldnt care if they disappeared altogether.

Moral of the story;pouches are far superior.
  • NauticalTrackin
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's easier said than done on reviving fallen teammates when 98% of them skip to the redeploy screen before you take 2 steps towards them regardless on if you "spot" them to let them know your coming.
  • Apocalypse4805
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

So you're going make a blanket statement about all players? Don't confuse having a smoother experience than others with being amazing at the game. You may very well be good at it, but there a lot of people out there who don't live close to a server and are getting rek'd not because they don't understand how to shoot... but because they are lagging just enough to constantly be at a disadvantage.

http://xboxclips.com/Apocalypse+KING/918e95e0-1145-40a2-85dc-abd74853cf7a

This is me lighting up an opponent, and getting zero hit markers.

This happens to a high percentage of my actual "on target" shots. I've played FPS's long enough to understand when I screwed up a shot and when it is not registering.

Maybe don't judge the community so harshly, without them... there wouldn't be anyone to play.
  • Ram1c
    2782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 19
    oof14346 wrote: »

You couldn't hit the floor if you fell on it!

You couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat.

boat-jumping-fail.gif
  • rpricexxxgaming
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Apocalypse I watched you clip and those tracer rounds aren't hitting the target because you were missing until the end but someone had already killed the sniper.
  • rock1obsta
    2618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

So you're going make a blanket statement about all players? Don't confuse having a smoother experience than others with being amazing at the game. You may very well be good at it, but there a lot of people out there who don't live close to a server and are getting rek'd not because they don't understand how to shoot... but because they are lagging just enough to constantly be at a disadvantage.

This happens to a high percentage of my actual "on target" shots. I've played FPS's long enough to understand when I screwed up a shot and when it is not registering.

Maybe don't judge the community so harshly, without them... there wouldn't be anyone to play.

He's right, though. The majority of snipers just suck. It's got nothing to do with server proximity and everything to do with just not being good enough to hit anything.
  • Apocalypse4805
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Apocalypse I watched you clip and those tracer rounds aren't hitting the target because you were missing until the end but someone had already killed the sniper.

LOL, ok guy... I was clearly lighting him up before and after I moved. But sure.
  • Apocalypse4805
    rock1obsta wrote: »

He's right, though. The majority of snipers just suck. It's got nothing to do with server proximity and everything to do with just not being good enough to hit anything.

Is everyone going to be awesome at the game... no. But honestly, it's pure hubris to come on here and comment in a fashion which suggests you are good and it is just other people that suck. There is a learning curve to sniping in this game, so yes some people just can't grasp it. I would not suggest that most people just suck.

This game is doing weird things post spring update. I am crashing to the desk top randomly now during a game when that has never happened before.

This community is seemly becoming a hand full of people criticizing players for sucking and having horrible internet to make them feeling better about "living closer to a server" and having a smoother experience so they can continue to feel like they are an amazing player.

Players who are frustrated with their gaming experience (things which are beyond their control) come on here to sound off in hopes they their complaints will be heard and the developer will make the appropriate adjustments.

It is funny though to see trolls instantly respond to some of these people with blatant "grief driven" comments. People will be instantly rude and disrespectful when they have the cover of the internet and comfort of no consequences to protect them.

If in your little circle you play this game and have a super smooth experience and everything works perfectly... It makes you lucky, not better.

• rock1obsta
    2618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Is everyone going to be awesome at the game... no. But honestly, it's pure hubris to come on here and comment in a fashion which suggests you are good and it is just other people that suck. There is a learning curve to sniping in this game, so yes some people just can't grasp it. I would not suggest that most people just suck.

This game is doing weird things post spring update. I am crashing to the desk top randomly now during a game when that has never happened before.

This community is seemly becoming a hand full of people criticizing players for sucking and having horrible internet to make them feeling better about "living closer to a server" and having a smoother experience so they can continue to feel like they are an amazing player.

Players who are frustrated with their gaming experience (things which are beyond their control) come on here to sound off in hopes they their complaints will be heard and the developer will make the appropriate adjustments.

It is funny though to see trolls instantly respond to some of these people with blatant "grief driven" comments. People will be instantly rude and disrespectful when they have the cover of the internet and comfort of no consequences to protect them.

If in your little circle you play this game and have a super smooth experience and everything works perfectly... It makes you lucky, not better.

Lol.....me being close to a server doesn't even play into my observation that the majority of snipers suck. Nor does my own skill, or lack thereof.
    I'm not good at sniping. I'm one of those that suck at it. The difference being that since I know I'm no good, I don't play it. It's a waste of time as well as a spot where I could be more beneficial.
    I've lost track of how many times I've killed some prone hill humper that would keep returning to the same area, using the same broken tactics that got him killed before. More often than not they'll be something like 2-10 or 5-16 because they suck, they keep playing the exact same way, and don't do anything to change it.
    These aren't always rookies either. Those guys that are level 7 or 13 are probably still figuring things out.
    It's the level 70, 80, 93 guys that play in this useless manner, really thinking that somehow they're the exception to the horrible sniper rule rather than the actual rule itself.
    My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with connection, internet, or server proximity, and everything to do with personal observation over the course of the last 4 Battlefield games including this one.
    That's not to say there aren't some wicked good ones out there. A BL member named B2tchwood comes to mind.
    Just that these guys are never in the matches I'm in.
  • Kiwitango9
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In regards to the OP. Teams should also be mindful of the role that individual squads are performing. My very average collection of friends and I love taking the flag directly in front of the Enemy Spawn point. We do this to ensure a flanking spawn point for other squads and to remind the enemy that their rear flank is threateningly exposed (though as I stated before, not by much !). The actual effect is a mini spawn trap that tends to suck either individual enemy or tanks into our kill zone. We usually run two support/two assault with this in mind (Battlefield golden rule no 3 being that if you are the last man standing you do not die! And golden rule no 15 don't all stand in the tanks kill zone at the same time).
    This allows quite average players an opportunity to have a big influence on the game as it immediately splits the enemy and if they divert an ace squad or two to take us out then that is helping our comrades to take map control. We find it super effective on Giants Shadow, Amiens and Empires Edge (to paraphrase Patton "The key is not to die in the bunker, but to make the other poor **** die in the Bunker") but always tend to get sucked into defensive duty on A and B in the Forest if we are the Americans.
    Anyway, just a perspective for new players that you don't have to run around like a mad hatter in the middle of a map if you are playing players better than you. And as we all know, there are always players better than you!
  • Mishkin37
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think players should learn to use pouches on medic and support.

With medic you can heal on the move when you have pouches. No need to stand and slowly heal only to be killed for standing in the same spot.

Same for support. Pouches are better because they resupply flares instantly, at rockets and the like. I know we still need a few guys running crates for grenades, but honestly i wouldnt care if they disappeared altogether.

Moral of the story;pouches are far superior.

I guess I wasn't aware of this. Pouches instantly resupply flares but not grenades? And crates resupply grenades after time but not flares? Do you mind clarifying. I've always just used crates, because they're bigger. Ha!
  • Apocalypse4805

Lol.....me being close to a server doesn't even play into my observation that the majority of snipers suck. Nor does my own skill, or lack thereof.
    I'm not good at sniping. I'm one of those that suck at it. The difference being that since I know I'm no good, I don't play it. It's a waste of time as well as a spot where I could be more beneficial.
    I've lost track of how many times I've killed some prone hill humper that would keep returning to the same area, using the same broken tactics that got him killed before. More often than not they'll be something like 2-10 or 5-16 because they suck, they keep playing the exact same way, and don't do anything to change it.
    These aren't always rookies either. Those guys that are level 7 or 13 are probably still figuring things out.
    It's the level 70, 80, 93 guys that play in this useless manner, really thinking that somehow they're the exception to the horrible sniper rule rather than the actual rule itself.
    My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with connection, internet, or server proximity, and everything to do with personal observation over the course of the last 4 Battlefield games including this one.
    That's not to say there aren't some wicked good ones out there. A BL member named B2tchwood comes to mind.
    Just that these guys are never in the matches I'm in.

No need to be defensive, I'm not attacking you. My point was to bring a different perspective. I agree some people play with classes or a style of play with that class... which is ineffective and redundant. I was making a broader statement about peoples experience with the game and negative commenters in the community.

Your opinion may have nothing to do with the connection, sure... But, to a percentage of people you are directing your opinion... their connection or experience has everything to do with your opinion. As in the way the game is playing out on their screen could be altering 1. how effective they are with weapons or 2. Their approach in playing.

I myself have to play in a manner which is not of my preference. I get completely screwed in CQB. In turn, I can't immerse myself into situations where a gun battle will be face to face because i'm lagged. I have had to change how I play because I have had to learn to get kills strictly by getting a drop on players from a distance.

So, that was my point in the comment you referenced. People are reporting all types of varying experiences on the servers. You have no idea how the game is playing out for someone else due to all the random issues discussed. That is all I was really pointing out.
  • TectonicGuns
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We should add some basic tactics for all classes in Conquest with the overall goal is to WIN (not get points). Here's my top ten...

1) Don't take fast vehicles to the closest to home spawn flag at match start and sit there with half the team. Aka- Go Go Go Go! The match winner is usually determined in the first 5 minutes. Get to central objectives and hold until team catches up.

2) Don't take objectives that lots of other team mates are also taking, forget the points and move to next objective when enemy presence is low.

3) Cover teammates taking a flag (assume defensive role), even outside the flag zone, when enough teammates are taking the flag but enemy presence is high.

4) Don't beach boats caring teammates, thus cutting their options to use the boat to go to next objective.

5) Focus on the enemy's closet to spawn flag for a rear-flank-spawn option.

6) Traverse the map with your squad or use coms and squad leader to determine any split-squad tactics (eg. divide and conquer).

7) Move in groups if possible with tanks.

8) When when a majority of flags are held by your team including your home spawn flag and central flag(s) assume a defensive role and allow tickets to add up for a substantial lead before diluting the troops by moving into enemy territory thus increasing the possibility of a rear flank. (works best with a linear map layout).

9) If in a squads with coms, try to rebalance classes at respawns as situation dictates.

10) Assume/determine different tactics if winning or losing. Lots of players play like they are winning (aka- snipe camping) when down a hundred points. And lots of players never play defence when winning.

These are gross generalizations and have issues in certain situations but should serve in general to significantly increase your Win/Loss ratio.