Hit Detection

Comments

• HillbillyJohn
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    lizzard wrote: »
    @VBALL_MVP

People blaming gunsway on the controller or oor players.. Really?
    Kind of childish post I must say. :neutral:

Added gunsway, instead of increased deviation and increased recoil. Would be a way better mechanic.

Really? Its called sarcasm....but hey it if you look back you will see people claimed OOR caused their router to get hot, their controller not work, there TV going black, their router breaking etc....oh and that the random deviating bullets are OOR induced too, so it not a far stretch.

And before you call people childish, maybe you should stop posting "consistency is power" or throwing hissy fits when people disagree with you.....pot meet kettle.

Actually I believe if you look back you will see that you were wrong about oor and the rest of us were right as evidenced by the recent patch, but it's time to move on from that.
  • VBALL_MVP
    4099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @VBALL_MVP

Added gunsway, instead of increased deviation and increased recoil. Would be a way better mechanic.

Really? Its called sarcasm....but hey it if you look back you will see people claimed OOR caused their router to get hot, their controller not work, there TV going black, their router breaking etc....oh and that the random deviating bullets are OOR induced too, so it not a far stretch.

And before you call people childish, maybe you should stop posting "consistency is power" or throwing hissy fits when people disagree with you.....pot meet kettle.

Actually I believe if you look back you will see that you were wrong about oor and the rest of us were right as evidenced by the recent patch, but it's time to move on from that.

Really? Were you not the one complaining that the game went down hill again?

Yeah thats right.
  • Sawtooth75
    840 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    edited May 19
    Can you please get back on topic? Although I'm not sure if anything new can be added after 158 pages of comments...

• mmarkweII
    2887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sawtooth75 wrote: »
    Can you please get back on topic? Although I'm not sure if anything new can be added after 158 pages of comments...

Nothing new can be added at this point until the may update releases. Then this topic will heat up again, hopefully with some more great feedback from mischkag. :)
  • lizzard
    953 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @VBALL_MVP

So what you're saying, is that I cant express. a ending phrase of wisdom. Without it being something that offends you?

But you and and your dynamic second half, is fully entitled to do so..

Ouch.... Sounds like your in a dark place.
  • rock1obsta
    3281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does anyone know when the May patch is coming out?
  • mmarkweII
    2887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

"Soon" ;)
  • oof14346
    890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »

"Soon" ;)

Hahahahahahaha
  • Rev0verDrive
    6050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    May 22nd Soonererererest™
    or the 29th Soonish™
  • lizzard
    953 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @VBALL_MVP

So what you're saying, is that I cant express. a ending phrase of wisdom. Without it being something that offends you?

But you and and your dynamic second half, is fully entitled to do so..

Ouch.... Sounds like your in a dark place.

Please stop before you get this thread shuttered! You were just warned and Sawtooth75 commented that the thread is starting to outlast its usefulness. All you're doing is proving him right. Please stop. When the May patch drops we will still need this thread and this constant back-and-forth through this entire thread is so tiresome already. Give it up. You guys don't get along. So ignore one another already.

So its me that have to stop awnsering?
    Ignoring is pretty much what I have done with 50% of those troll flame baiting post's.
    But that is apparently not working..

May patch cant come soon enough!
    Right now everyone seems to spend more time on the forum than in the game.. Guess that says something about how good the game works right now.. Sad... Really sad..
  • VBALL_MVP
    4099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    or the 29th Soonish™

I would think it be by the end of the month. Call me pessimistic but it seems like there is always a delay.

@jdbelcher1998 whens the next time you gonna be on? Mmarkwell and I usually play nights, good to squad up sometime.
  • jdbelcher1998
    585 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    or the 29th Soonish™

I would think it be by the end of the month. Call me pessimistic but it seems like there is always a delay.

@jdbelcher1998 whens the next time you gonna be on? Mmarkwell and I usually play nights, good to squad up sometime.

Tonight around 8:30, 9pm est. Would be tons of fun. Just let me know. We can pull in @KingTolapsium too if he's free. Tomorrow's a little spottier because game 5 Stanley Cup.
  • henke_ah
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 19
    mmarkweII wrote: »

Nothing new can be added at this point until the may update releases. Then this topic will heat up again, hopefully with some more great feedback from mischkag. :)

Only thing we want to hear from mischkag is saying "Done. Enjoy"
    Forgot a smily
  • VBALL_MVP
    or the 29th Soonish™

Tonight around 8:30, 9pm est. Would be tons of fun. Just let me know. We can pull in @KingTolapsium too if he's free. Tomorrow's a little spottier because game 5 Stanley Cup.

I usually get on 10pm central.

Chicago is out so I haven't watched any hockey. Though I would like Nashville to win.
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    May 19, 2017 11:21AM:

May 19, 2017 1:35PM:
    *some stuff about there being an unfair double standard when it comes to who is allowed to post what*
    May 19, 2017 1:37PM:
    Please stop before you get this thread shuttered! You were just warned and Sawtooth75 commented that the thread is starting to outlast its usefulness. All you're doing is proving him right. Please stop.
    May 19, 2017 4:22PM:
    May 19, 2017 4:52PM:
    May 19, 2017 8:23PM:

Chicago is out so I haven't watched any hockey. Though I would like Nashville to win.

LOL - you guys are ridiculous!
    And you really don't see how @lizzard gets the idea that there's a double standard and he's being treated unfairly?

Shaking my damn head...
  • oJU5T1No
    900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can't believe they don't see how ridiculous it is.
    At least everyone else was still discussing the game (be it different mechanics not specifically netcode related) , rather than derailing the thread with talk about some dead guy and the hockey.
  • VBALL_MVP
    edited May 20
    @jdbelcher1998 , good playing with ya last night. Looking forward to you posting your weird moments last night.

Had some interesting moments myself with hits not registering, but not sure I will take the time to post since I didn't have the netgraph on....devs won't address much without it.
  • lizzard
    denjoga wrote: »
    May 19, 2017 11:21AM:

May 19, 2017 1:35PM:
    *some stuff about there being an unfair double standard when it comes to who is allowed to post what*
    May 19, 2017 1:37PM:
    Please stop before you get this thread shuttered! You were just warned and Sawtooth75 commented that the thread is starting to outlast its usefulness. All you're doing is proving him right. Please stop.
    May 19, 2017 4:22PM:
    May 19, 2017 4:52PM:
    May 19, 2017 8:23PM:

LOL - you guys are ridiculous!
    And you really don't see how @lizzard gets the idea that there's a double standard and he's being treated unfairly?

Shaking my damn head...

Its mind-boggling isn't it...

Guess we will have to make friends with a mod ourselves, thats apparently the way it works..

But lets not sink to the same level.
    That way no one of us need to point out how the opinions about suppression mechanics, sudenly changed from "its a good system, and every suggestion is stupid"

To "yes the suppression should be wisual with increased gunsway"

And from "suppression don't affect how hitreg is perceived"
    To "suppression is bad for hitreg"

Consistency, is a good measurement of character. Just sayin.. :neutral:
  • VBALL_MVP
    I told you why I thought suppression is fine. So tell me how random gun away would be any different than random bullet deviation? Bullets are still going to spread RANDOMLY.

As stated before, people will still not know what's going on and will start claiming the game is broken cause their character suddenly is moving it's gun without any controller movement.

This though doesn't have anything to do with hit detection....nor will it fix it...people will still claim that they hit the target when clearly they missed. Furthermore hits that don't register, will still not register.

I think this thread has reached it's useful purpose.