Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Hit Detection

Comments

• rock1obsta
    2281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    oof14346 wrote: »
    But I have to say, I just don't care much about hit detection or video games in general right now. Chris Cornell has died. So sad.
    His Black Hole Sun has come.

Damn. What a bummer. The music industry fell on black days after yesterday.
  • StarvingMillions
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just miss the brief times I wasn't hit behind cover right after the Spring Patch. After the hotfix, it's back to rear its ugly head. Sigh. :(
  • VBALL_MVP
    2911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    oJU5T1No wrote: »
    lizzard wrote: »
    @mmarkweII

If I fire at the fireing range, between hard exercises. I will still manage to have similar groupings!
    Sure they will not be as tight as groups I shot from a bench!
    Comparing those too circumstances to eatchother is not realistic..

Its just as stupid as comparing my performance during clay pigeon shoting.
    (I can average something like 22/25 pigeons, in Trapp shoting. No matter how exhausted I am!)
    To me fireing a 30.06 standing at 100 meters at a stationary target..

The gun still fire's accurate and the recoil will still remain the same, the groupings will only be affected by my incresed gunsway!

And those mechanics are already in the game!
    Go prone using a bipod, and your gun sway will decrease. Thats perfectly fine!

@VBALL_MVP

Ofcorse suppressive fire is a thing in real life!
    Do you whant to stick your head out from cover, when someone is spraying bullets at that area?

Does your gun sudenly start to lose its accuracy and behave like crazy? No it will not!

If you're going that way, we can also say that war wets would be used to operate under hectic situations and under the influence of adrenaline.
    And therefore they would perform well enough.

Does this mean dice should put more variables in to the game.
    And make your character less affected by suppression, mowement, etc the higer in rank you are?
    To mimic that your being more and more hardened and used to fighting..

Every one knows no one of you two will agree to anything of this.. Not because you actually like the "features" but simply because you love to have a "different opinion"....

Gun sway would be a much better mechanic to use when firing when moving, IRL when firing when running the bullets will still fly straight and go where the sight is aiming. RNG spread has no place when theirs already a better mechanic that can be used to reduce accuracy when firing on the move, gun sway would communicate to the player much better aswell what is going on e.g there soldier is running and firing so can't keep his sights on target just like IRL.

Suppression is a band aid for the low damage inaccurate slow TTK guns, the trouble is the lmgs are the weakest guns especially at range everyone knows they take 6-7 shots to kill have <600rpm firerates and <50 round mags and high spread. So even assuming 100% accuracy you will need more like 8-10 shots to account for the spread mechanics, 8-10 shots at sub 600rpm makes for a slow ttk it gives the player being shot at plenty of time to re position or fire back so no one fears having a lmg being fired at them in this game, if the lmgs were better balanced and had better damage over range and less spread the ttk would be lower so players would be more fearful of them so would be less likely to try and return fire when being shot at and stay in cover without the suppression mechanic.
    I think there should be accuracy penalties but only if you are being hit I don't think you should be able to shoot with perfect accuracy if your being hit, flinch or more vertical recoil should be used to reduce accuracy when being hit. Suppression is unneeded and a bad mechanic since it rewards players for missing and just randomly spraying bullets.

I agree gun sway would be a better solution, but you know the drill. You will see threads come up stating that their controller broke cause their gun keeps moving...and then state only OOR causes it.
  • kniphtee
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    some thoughts
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334584 - glitch however when you start firing it fades away
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334687 - wtf - the melee/bayonet system - hmm???
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334763 - potato this - the hit reg and auto aim that is bs
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334763 - after revive (much like spawning into a late game) is hodge-podge
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334763 - not only does the madsen suck but anything that can bomb rocks
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334970 - not sure these killed me but this is spawns to the tee...potatoe
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31335028 - wtf? yup, DICE magic.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31335067 - the limpy shouldn't have stuck to the wall here...where's the bunny?
    another random night of - well this is battlefield but it seems to play like cod and honestly after I peg 100 i'll go on a hiatus until the next dlc (since I wasted 4 on it) - thanks much. Headshots 1.whatever and blah with who cares anymore - months I've been blathering on and now I don't know why I do...all my old friends left so a lone wolf will push on for the next couple of thousand XP and through dlc's but i'm lost on interest - seriously DICE go back to the etch-a-sketch.
  • lizzard
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @VBALL_MVP

People blaming gunsway on the controller or oor players.. Really?
    Kind of childish post I must say. :neutral:

Added gunsway, instead of increased deviation and increased recoil. Would be a way better mechanic.
  • disposalist
    3412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    kniphtee wrote: »
    some thoughts
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334584 - glitch however when you start firing it fades away
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334687 - wtf - the melee/bayonet system - hmm???
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334763 - potato this - the hit reg and auto aim that is bs
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334763 - after revive (much like spawning into a late game) is hodge-podge
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334763 - not only does the madsen suck but anything that can bomb rocks
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31334970 - not sure these killed me but this is spawns to the tee...potatoe
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31335028 - wtf? yup, DICE magic.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KNIPHTEE/video/31335067 - the limpy shouldn't have stuck to the wall here...where's the bunny?
    another random night of - well this is battlefield but it seems to play like cod and honestly after I peg 100 i'll go on a hiatus until the next dlc (since I wasted 4 on it) - thanks much. Headshots 1.whatever and blah with who cares anymore - months I've been blathering on and now I don't know why I do...all my old friends left so a lone wolf will push on for the next couple of thousand XP and through dlc's but i'm lost on interest - seriously DICE go back to the etch-a-sketch.
    1. Yup revive glitch. Very rare.
    2. He failed to bayonet you. You melee hit him from front/side. He stabbed you in the back.
    3. Your aim swings wildly left and right and you don't hit them much. Are you saying the auto-aim didn't work properly?
    4. Not sure at all what you even think is an issue there. After the revive your aim was just as bad as before.
    5. Same clip 3 times? Where's the bomb?
    6. You spawn onto a squad member in heavy combat and die. You could even see the enemy using a field gun in the spawn screen, so clearly the area was heavily occupied/contested.
    7. You could hear the footsteps and then scream of the bayonetter a couple of seconds before death but didn't run or turn.
    8. Yep terrain geometry is tricky sometimes. Better that than people head-glitching and wall peeking though.
  • VBALL_MVP
    2911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @VBALL_MVP

Added gunsway, instead of increased deviation and increased recoil. Would be a way better mechanic.

Really? Its called sarcasm....but hey it if you look back you will see people claimed OOR caused their router to get hot, their controller not work, there TV going black, their router breaking etc....oh and that the random deviating bullets are OOR induced too, so it not a far stretch.

And before you call people childish, maybe you should stop posting "consistency is power" or throwing hissy fits when people disagree with you.....pot meet kettle.
  • HillbillyJohn
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    @VBALL_MVP

Really? Its called sarcasm....but hey it if you look back you will see people claimed OOR caused their router to get hot, their controller not work, there TV going black, their router breaking etc....oh and that the random deviating bullets are OOR induced too, so it not a far stretch.

And before you call people childish, maybe you should stop posting "consistency is power" or throwing hissy fits when people disagree with you.....pot meet kettle.

Actually I believe if you look back you will see that you were wrong about oor and the rest of us were right as evidenced by the recent patch, but it's time to move on from that.
  • VBALL_MVP
    @VBALL_MVP

Actually I believe if you look back you will see that you were wrong about oor and the rest of us were right as evidenced by the recent patch, but it's time to move on from that.

Really? Were you not the one complaining that the game went down hill again?

Yeah thats right.
  • Sawtooth75
    747 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Moderator
    edited May 19
    Can you please get back on topic? Although I'm not sure if anything new can be added after 158 pages of comments...

• mmarkweII
    2602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sawtooth75 wrote: »
    Can you please get back on topic? Although I'm not sure if anything new can be added after 158 pages of comments...

Nothing new can be added at this point until the may update releases. Then this topic will heat up again, hopefully with some more great feedback from mischkag. :)
  • lizzard
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @VBALL_MVP

So what you're saying, is that I cant express. a ending phrase of wisdom. Without it being something that offends you?

But you and and your dynamic second half, is fully entitled to do so..

Ouch.... Sounds like your in a dark place.
  • rock1obsta
    2281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does anyone know when the May patch is coming out?
  • mmarkweII
    2602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

"Soon" ;)
  • oof14346
    740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »

"Soon" ;)

Hahahahahahaha
  • Rev0verDrive
    4801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    May 22nd Soonererererest™
    or the 29th Soonish™
  • lizzard
    @VBALL_MVP

So what you're saying, is that I cant express. a ending phrase of wisdom. Without it being something that offends you?

But you and and your dynamic second half, is fully entitled to do so..

Ouch.... Sounds like your in a dark place.

Please stop before you get this thread shuttered! You were just warned and Sawtooth75 commented that the thread is starting to outlast its usefulness. All you're doing is proving him right. Please stop. When the May patch drops we will still need this thread and this constant back-and-forth through this entire thread is so tiresome already. Give it up. You guys don't get along. So ignore one another already.

So its me that have to stop awnsering?
    Ignoring is pretty much what I have done with 50% of those troll flame baiting post's.
    But that is apparently not working..

May patch cant come soon enough!
    Right now everyone seems to spend more time on the forum than in the game.. Guess that says something about how good the game works right now.. Sad... Really sad..
  • VBALL_MVP
    or the 29th Soonish™

I would think it be by the end of the month. Call me pessimistic but it seems like there is always a delay.

@jdbelcher1998 whens the next time you gonna be on? Mmarkwell and I usually play nights, good to squad up sometime.
  • jdbelcher1998
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    or the 29th Soonish™

I would think it be by the end of the month. Call me pessimistic but it seems like there is always a delay.

@jdbelcher1998 whens the next time you gonna be on? Mmarkwell and I usually play nights, good to squad up sometime.

Tonight around 8:30, 9pm est. Would be tons of fun. Just let me know. We can pull in @KingTolapsium too if he's free. Tomorrow's a little spottier because game 5 Stanley Cup.