Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

So they finally *might* tone down aim assist on consoles

12346»

Comments

• Dogwoggle11
    587 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dice nerf the almighty Scout class?......I doubt it.

"Almighty".
  • The_Warminds
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 19
    Microsoft and Sony don't offer full keyboard and mouse support for consoles because it's considered an unfair advantage in competitive play. Microsoft could implement this easily as the Xbox runs a version of windows 10. Anyone who games on pc and console knows that using a mouse and keyboard is just far superior to using a controller in most fps games. There is alot of info available about this subject online.

In Overwatch you can get away with using a controller on pc if your playing Reinhardt or Winston, but not Mcree. In fact, Mcree is the perfect example of a game mechanic that was overpowered on pc and underpowered on console because playing him effectively required being able to consistently head-shot an opponent. Try playing counter-strike with a mouse and keyboard, then play it with a controller, you'll immediately know what i mean. There is a tremendous difference. Watch a counter-strike or Overwatch tournament.... ZERO top tier players use a controller, or a trackball mouse which is similar to using a controller with a modified stick height.

There is a beta currently for the game Quake Champions on PC... try it out with a controller, i bet you'll go 0-30. Again, ZERO top tier players use a controller. I could buy an adapter to use with the xbox, and absolutely destroy everyone... literally just point and click on the opponent's head while he's fumbling with his controller, paddles or not. The reason i don't buy an adapter is because cheating is pathetic no matter how your doing it, it ruins the game for everyone. That's why entire teams have been banned from competitive play for using mouse and keyboard adapters in console tournaments.

One of the reasons i game on console is because it offers an even playing field, with no hackers. But now, with the rise of adapters for keyboard and mouse, or adapters that reduce input lag and offer additional ways of cheating, i've been playing battlegrounds on pc more and more.

You can watch videos of great bf1 players like Ravic or Xfactor playing on PC... that level of expertise is not possible with a controller. Watch the videos and you'll know exactly what i'm saying. The level of mobility and precision that can be achieved with a mouse and keyboard is unequaled in gaming, that's why 99% of pro gaming occurs on pc, with mouse and keyboard.
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    3315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Actually sony does technically.
    It's called a TAC pro.
  • AllOutWar76
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 19
    Microsoft and Sony don't offer full keyboard and mouse support for consoles because it's considered an unfair advantage in competitive play.

I can't speak for Microsoft as I don't own an xbox but Sony does offer full mouse and keyboard support. You can use any usb mouse or keyboard on a PS4. It's the game developers that don't support it. In addition to them supporting it, they also licensed this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/games/2016/11/21/hori-tac-pro-ps4-mouse-and-keyboard-review-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/#4d5cbe2248e7

• realistalive
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dice nerf the almighty Scout class?......I doubt it.

"Almighty".

If played properly it's easily one of the best classes, the spot flare is just as good & important of a gadget as a syringe. Constant awareness of the enemy locations can help turn games just as much as reviving.
  • The_Warminds
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 19
    My point still stands... ZERO top tier players in any competive pc gaming use a controller, and good for game developers that don't support it on console. It's cheating plain and simple. Sorry, but if you want to use a mouse and keyboard you should be playing on pc.
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    3315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Microsoft and Sony don't offer full keyboard and mouse support for consoles because it's considered an unfair advantage in competitive play.

It's the game developers that don't support it.
    hence why I think it's cheating.
    You can use a keyboard to type with on xbox. Just not to play.
  • The_Warminds
    edited May 19
    Yes, you can use a keyboard to type but that's it. Proving that support exists, but is limited by microsoft for good reason.
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    Yes, you can use a keyboard to type but that's it. Proving that support exists, but is limited by microsoft for good reason.

With the exception of them saying that they would be releasing a KBM that can be used on games, and them saying that using an XIM cant get you banned.
  • The_Warminds
    Yup they said they were considering more keyboard and mouse support in early 2016.... and it's too bad about XIM.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why does everyone keep saying that the PS4 Pro has a different controller?

Isn't it the same DS4 that every PS4 has?
  • SodiumChlorideiy
    Yup they said they were considering more keyboard and mouse support in early 2016.... and it's too bad about XIM.
    Yeah, aim assist on a mouse is completely BS.

There is a DS4 pro controller I think.
  • AllOutWar76
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 19

Same controller with slightly different colors and the light goes through the touchpad.
  • Dogwoggle11
    587 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Same controller with slightly different colors and the light goes through the touchpad.

Yeah, it is the same as the PS4 Slim.
  • quangoo_3000
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People act like aim assist in BF1 is literally GTA tier where you just hold L2 and it locks on to someone. I can see how it would be a major leg up on PC where youre using mouse and keyboard, and already have an advantage with making more precise shots, but on console its alot harder to control recoil with just your thumb, so I think its kinda necessary. Im thinking about turning it off though because it messes me up more often than not.