Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Something is afoot in the companion app.

hawcer
3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I noticed something a bit odd in the companion app loadout editor. Do you see what it is? I usually don't use the app so it could be a glitch (wouldn't surprise me) ...or is it a clue on things to come?

conflicting%20grenade%20selection%20in%20companion._zpsgaujpl3e.jpg

Comments

• Syzzix
    3628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why would you runaround with no grenade? If anything I need more grenades, not less.
  • The_Warminds
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hmmm. maybe dice is thinking of allowing players to substitute a third gadget for a grenade, this could reduce grenade spam and increase syringe and repair tool usage.
  • hawcer
    Why would you runaround with no grenade? If anything I need more grenades, not less.

it won't let me select the Light AT grenade for my grenade slot....says "conflicting". But that's how I've been running in the game since I started using the assault class.
  • Syzzix
    3628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was more focused on the kolibri to notice.
    Its probably justa bug.
  • hawcer
    edited May 19
    I was more focused on the kolibri to notice.

Yeah, being the first time ever equipped, it will throw me off too.
  • Puckerbucket
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hm. assault has never carried light AT grenades. They've always had the full-blown AT grenades which look like five or six sticks taped together. The only time I've ever used the light ATG's was lobbing them off my cavalry horse. This is probably just a glitch in the companion app. I access companion on PC, and it's chock full of missing controls and wonky UI puzzles.
  • hawcer
    hm. assault has never carried light AT grenades. They've always had the full-blown AT grenades which look like five or six sticks taped together. The only time I've ever used the light ATG's was lobbing them off my cavalry horse. This is probably just a glitch in the companion app. I access companion on PC, and it's chock full of missing controls and wonky UI puzzles.

any class can equip the light At grenade in the grenade slot. I have had it in the grenade slot and the two big AT grenades along with either mines or the AT gun in the gadget slots since forever. This is the first time I have ever noticed a conflicting message in the grenade slot choices. usually you only get that in the gadget slots.
  • shadow7154
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just out of curiosity, you try switching out your AT grenades, to see if the conflicting message goes away?
  • hawcer
    I went back in and switched out the 2 Heavy AT grenades for anything else and it will allow me to equip the light AT grenade in the grenade slot.

It just won't allow both heavy and light AT grenades at the same time. weird....I never have this issue in the "in game" loadouts.
  • DingoKillr
    2007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    hawcer wrote: »
    I went back in and switched out the 2 Heavy AT grenades for anything else and it will allow me to equip the light AT grenade in the grenade slot.

It just won't allow both heavy and light AT grenades at the same time. weird....I never have this issue in the "in game" loadouts.
    Yes, the reverse is true to
  • shadow7154
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah I just tried it in the app. Wonder if they are planning on stopping Assaults from carrying both types of AT grenades at the same time. Or if just a glitch. I use gas or incendiary, hardly use the app, so this doesn't effect me.
  • hawcer
    shadow7154 wrote: »
    Yeah I just tried it in the app. Wonder if they are planning on stopping Assaults from carrying both types of AT grenades at the same time. Or if just a glitch. I use gas or incendiary, hardly use the app, so this doesn't effect me.

I'm curious is the same is true for the medic class and HE rifle grenades and in the support class with the HE crossbow? I can't check the app at the moment or I'd check myself.