Russian Battalion of Death coming to multiplayer is stupid

12346»

Comments

• xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd just like them to fix some of their mistakes and give us dlc in a timely manner. Why add stuff when you haven't even corrected stuff? That's where I'm at. Also thus far I've paid 43 bucks for 4 maps. I've always bought premium, didn't expect them to be so slow on content with this one. So yeah dice, cool. Add females, but fix your damn game and add the content people have paid for.

You don't get every DLC at once. The last two battlefields have been this slow on releasing their DLC. You should've known it would be like this since you always bought premium, they also stated how the dlcs would be released.

I understand this. My initial gripe was with bugs mainly. I went ahead and threw in dlc to hammer it home. But honestly they never stated they were going to stretch the dlc like this. The dlc part doesn't bother me a ton even though in 4 we had 3 at this point.

The big stack of small issues with the game is what drives me nuts. I keep going back to the black screen. People are still coming here often that are new to the forums just because of it. 7 months and they can't fix that? So what I was getting at is do what you will, but I don't need fancy artwork to get excited, give me a list of problems you fixed. That's exciting lol

Lol they can't even fix the server browser now can't even search for servers and this happens after 7months what an annoying bug.
  • Tansho
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's a non-issue. The entire game is basically a swashbuckling Indiana Jones version of WW1. The campaign and the multiplayer. The theme of the game is WW1, not really the substance. The substance of WW1 will never be found in a triple A title fps and is barely present in a few indie games of a few different formats. People inclined to learn about the war are already studied on it and those that aren't are hardly going to start because of a game.

There is no harm being done by Dice. They are not editing history, they are presenting a version of it made for entertainment. Yes, one of mankinds collective nightmares is being used for entertainment. I would say worry more about that if it didn't make me a hypocrite for playing the game too.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    brenda1001 wrote: »
    Looks like DICE has gone full SJW. I could understand having black German solders because that was not unseen as some people think. However, adding female soldiers to the "In The Name Of The Tsar" would be very unrealistic. Yes the Russian Battalion of Death did exist. Yes they saw combat. Yes, they were disbanded because they were used for propaganda and it wasn't working as well as they had hoped.
    To have everyone in the scout class play as a woman would be an insane overstatement numbers. Even if there was 1 woman in a 64 player match would be crazy. DICE has made a game set in The Great War and it is obvious that they want it to be as realistic as possible while still being fun (so really nothing like WW1), but then they do something like this... stop.
    Rags made a video mentioning this before BF1 released if you would like to check it out

What do you think?

its the same with the black chaarecters they fouhght but one ou of 64 is a large inflation of the percentage that actually fought.

Well opposite view of that is the player base isn't nowhere near as big either!
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel its a non issue.
  • disposalist
    8682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    Tansho wrote: »
    It's a non-issue. The entire game is basically a swashbuckling Indiana Jones version of WW1. The campaign and the multiplayer. The theme of the game is WW1, not really the substance. The substance of WW1 will never be found in a triple A title fps and is barely present in a few indie games of a few different formats. People inclined to learn about the war are already studied on it and those that aren't are hardly going to start because of a game.

There is no harm being done by Dice. They are not editing history, they are presenting a version of it made for entertainment. Yes, one of mankinds collective nightmares is being used for entertainment. I would say worry more about that if it didn't make me a hypocrite for playing the game too.
    Wait, what? Isn't Indiana Jones a real archaeologist? I feel hurt and betrayed! Mind you, it's well known Hollywood is *stuffed* with SJWs and some very distasteful minorities.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Given the childish mentality of the people complaining about this "issue", I bet that if we imply that they don't like female soldiers because they don't like girls in real life, they will stop. They couldn't bear people thinking they are homosexual, right?
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    bla bla bla
    more bla bla bla
    What do you think?

That I like females, all cool for me

finally they are in the vg, hope they make them beautiful and not ''blocky''
  • disposalist
    8682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Given the childish mentality of the people complaining about this "issue", I bet that if we imply that they don't like female soldiers because they don't like girls in real life, they will stop. They couldn't bear people thinking they are homosexual, right?
    Woah, woah, WOAH. Not liking women does NOT mean you're gay. There are about 14 different genders that "don't like women" and would be insulted to be plopped in with those boring "gay" lot. Gay is pretty much normal and boring these days.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Woah, woah, WOAH. Not liking women does NOT mean you're gay. There are about 14 different genders that "don't like women" and would be insulted to be plopped in with those boring "gay" lot. Gay is pretty much normal and boring these days.

Sshhh... The tactic won't work if you start saying things like that.
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017

we should have more ''gay'' soldiers. Probably in next DLC
  • disposalist
    edited May 2017
    lucidstorm wrote: »

we should have more ''gay'' soldiers. Probably in next DLC
    I have it on good authority the female russians are gay. I've seen photo evidence.
  • Mrs_Ragdoll
    268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm happy with the addition of a female soldier because I'm a woman myself an I play shooters since age 7 (I'm 30 now) and most people always thought that was something for boys only. And mostly I could only play as a male character. These days it's a little better in games and it's also possible to play as a female. In reallife there were and are still female soldiers in the army and police etc. today, so don't be a sexist and cry about this DLC character please. You don't have to play with her. But not atleast female gamers have a chance to play with a female character sometimes. I don't like it that she's bald though, I find it ugly and not all female soldiers are bald! That's stereotyping. Please give her some hair DICE!!!
  • xenome111
    I'm happy with the addition of a female soldier because I'm a woman myself an I play shooters since age 7 (I'm 30 now) and most people always thought that was something for boys only. And mostly I could only play as a male character. These days it's a little better in games and it's also possible to play as a female. In reallife there were and are still female soldiers in the army and police etc. today, so don't be a sexist and cry about this DLC character please. You don't have to play with her. But not atleast female gamers have a chance to play with a female character sometimes. I don't like it that she's bald though, I find it ugly and not all female soldiers are bald! That's stereotyping. Please give her some hair DICE!!!

I don't care she bald or not bald as long she has beautiful eyes I'm fine.
  • grrlpurple
    838 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well the Russian Women's Battalion of Death all had their hair shaved off so it's appropriate for her to be bald ;-)
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    Sorry but why choosing a historical theme and then **** over it totally. They could make a modern or future setting where no one could complain. But no we choose WW1 and change history and 13 year old believe that stuff.

I don't get it.

one point no one speaks about is why are some races missing?

I mean Italy had colonies too? Where are the Libyian soldiers?

The USA had Latin soldiers. Were they are or asian? Or native americans?

The British have no aussies or Kiwis.

And Austria-Hungary was totally mixed too. but they all look like germans.

As i said before that whole "We want to show all people that fight" is just PR bla bla bla. They want to bring german black soldiers and russian women so that the Political correctness people shut up. Thats all.

And by the way even the german cavalry soldier is black. So you have 2/7 germans are black which doesn't show the right number of colonial troops. I wish they would had 2 african maps with african soldiers. Would be historical accurate which no one could complain about and would.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Sorry but why choosing a historical theme and then **** over it totally. They could make a modern or future setting where no one could complain. But no we choose WW1 and change history and 13 year old believe that stuff.

I don't get it.

As i said before that whole "We want to show all people that fight" is just PR bla bla bla. They want to bring german black soldiers and russian women so that the Political correctness people shut up. Thats all.

And by the way even the german cavalry soldier is black. So you have 2/7 germans are black which doesn't show the right number of colonial troops. I wish they would had 2 african maps with african soldiers. Would be historical accurate which no one could complain about and would.

Zzzz, grow up
  • Skipp3rUA
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looks like DICE has gone full SJW. I could understand having black German solders because that was not unseen as some people think. However, adding female soldiers to the "In The Name Of The Tsar" would be very unrealistic. Yes the Russian Battalion of Death did exist. Yes they saw combat. Yes, they were disbanded because they were used for propaganda and it wasn't working as well as they had hoped.
    To have everyone in the scout class play as a woman would be an insane overstatement numbers. Even if there was 1 woman in a 64 player match would be crazy. DICE has made a game set in The Great War and it is obvious that they want it to be as realistic as possible while still being fun (so really nothing like WW1), but then they do something like this... stop.
    Rags made a video mentioning this before BF1 released if you would like to check it out

What do you think?

I play Battlefield serie since Battlefield 1942, I now must say, that Battlefield 1 it is most unhistorical game from all serie. Weapons like Hout rifle (produced 5 rifles in total); tanks in ottoman and austro-hungarian armies; armor pieces used by support class, produced in small numbers; military uniforms, like german assault has with pieces of RED cloth (HELLO SNIPERS); troll weapons like Kolibri (I dont understand any other reason to add this "weapon" in game); colored soldiers in German Empire army at western front; austro-hungarian soldiers who speak only in german, Char 2C tank in game about first world war (1st Char 2C produced after end of war). No was any historical reason to add colored soldiers in German Empire army at western front(percent of colored soldiers in German army at western from 0.000000001%), percent of colored troops in British Empire troops (Britain, dominions was not high too). Only France used colored troops in great numbers (troops from Africa, and French Indochina). I only happy, that DICE don't added colored troops in Austrian army. And now We will have women in game... (percent of woman in Russian Empire army - 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001). After this game will be not a game, it will be circus. Sure, during WW1 a lot of women replaced millions of man's, worked at plants, etc. But percentage of women, who served in armies - very very low (soldiers, not medical staff). I don't understand this solution, only one reason, IMHO for do this - it is DICE attempt to popularize this game among black people and women's. After this solutions - gone any reasons for Me to buy this circus (DLC).
  • xenome111
    edited May 2017
    First of all there was/is very little unbiased media coverage of ww1.
    So most people don't know about the actual war.And also most people playing this game probably was born way after.
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »

I don't get it.

So you have a problem with dark skin pigmentation but a GOLD *ING A7V in 1914 used by the British at Fao Fortress is totally fine?

GTFO.
  • StarscreamUK
    7340 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    And with this the thread is closed.

This thread shows the best and worst of this community.
This discussion has been closed.