Absolutely broken hit registration.

Elathien
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
My buddies and I have been playing BF1 since launch and were absolutely amazed that this was the first Battlefield game in years where hit registration was amazing. We were able to do great right out of the gate for once without some steep learning curve for to compensate for hit registration. Well that has all ended now with the latest Spring Update patch. The game is finally broken. Now we are getting frequent frequent kill trades where we've never ever had it before. Martini Henry we can't shoot with for anything now because the lag compensation is just too ridiculous. Getting hit markers when we aren't even shooting anymore. Getting kills when we aren't shooting anymore. It's disgusting and unplayable at this point. I've noticed people on Xbox One and PS4 are experiencing much the same issues.
Listen, if this was your idea of fixing people not playing in their own regions, it was a nice try, but wholly unneeded. I've only ever had one or two issues with people from different regions trying to play in mine with outrageous ping. FIX THIS CRAP. At the moment it's just unplayable. Which is extremely disappointing because this was the most polished and complete release of Battlefield in some time. And ya'll broke it.

To those of you not experiencing this, well, you're a liar.

Comments

• 2Eazy4-Marteezy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am totally agreed with you man. Game was awesome before update. Please DICE roll back that update !!!
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    Pingcapping servers might be a better approach seeing as even I with good ping have dead on shots not register. That or it's just the old terrain eating my bullets.
    Post edited by von_Campenstein on
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play in region with a low ping mid 30's and some days it seems like none of my shots are registering. Opponents just stagger no hit markers or anything and then either they turn and insta kill me or just hop and skip off down the road like I'm throwing marshmallows at them. My internet seems fine no lag or jittering. It's ticking me right off.
  • 1Arnavut
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    i play other games with no problems but in bf1 game feels so bad.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    After the patch everything was awesome. After the hotfix, it feels like vanilla only with kill trading. Since the hotfix I am dying behind corners quite a bit and have kill traded a couple of times with guys I killed who dropped to the ground close range. You see them sort of hop back to life for a brief second and you're dead. And joining the small 60hz game modes are hit or miss as to if the entire server lags or runs fine.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Elathien wrote: »
    My buddies and I have been playing BF1 since launch and were absolutely amazed that this was the first Battlefield game in years where hit registration was amazing. We were able to do great right out of the gate for once without some steep learning curve for to compensate for hit registration. Well that has all ended now with the latest Spring Update patch. The game is finally broken. Now we are getting frequent frequent kill trades where we've never ever had it before. Martini Henry we can't shoot with for anything now because the lag compensation is just too ridiculous. Getting hit markers when we aren't even shooting anymore. Getting kills when we aren't shooting anymore. It's disgusting and unplayable at this point. I've noticed people on Xbox One and PS4 are experiencing much the same issues.
    Listen, if this was your idea of fixing people not playing in their own regions, it was a nice try, but wholly unneeded. I've only ever had one or two issues with people from different regions trying to play in mine with outrageous ping. FIX THIS CRAP. At the moment it's just unplayable. Which is extremely disappointing because this was the most polished and complete release of Battlefield in some time. And ya'll broke it.

To those of you not experiencing this, well, you're a liar.

Maybe broke it for you. They took away your lag compensation and your now seeing how it had been affecting the rest of us. And hit reg bug is affecting everyone for the most part. But I feel if someone hasn't had the experience, then you have no right to be throwing out liar labels regardless!! You don't know who has or hasn't had a problem with it.
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It feels like the game has been optimised for latency around 90ms. I have low ping to Europe servers, but depending on which way the wind is blowing, either get ok games or suffer horribly to 90+ players.
    By which I mean players appear & immediately shoot you dead, no time to react.
    (This serves to highlight how much aim assist is built into some weapons, notably medic rifles).
    If I join my mates in US East, ping +/-90, game runs smooth.
  • disposalist
    8846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    This doesn't need another thread, does it? Especially one started before more recent hotfixes and whatnot?
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This doesn't need another thread, does it? Especially one started before more recent hotfixes and whatnot?

I've said that in many posts but just get ignored. Yet they wonder why the posts get ignored for the most part. Once it's been repeatedly spammed, no one takes it aeriously anymore?....
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My experience has been buttery smooth for the most part, best netcode I've seen in decades. Only problems I've been having since the spring patch is menu based. Also thank god I haven't seen much of the hit reg bug. OP what's your ping when playing in region?
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, not exactly a hit reg bug, but today I had a few weird moments.

I run into this Assault guy, I manage to get my 3 shots out and kill him. He falls to the ground, and suddenly, bam! "Something" hits me (a bullet) and I die as well. The killer? The same guy I shot down and who was, supposedly, dead on the ground. It was extremely weird, since, I mean... he was literally with his face on the floor when I received his bullet. So I check my ping: everything fine. I check his: and oh surprise, 176 ping.

Another player was jittering, all over the place, so I didn't really know where to shoot. I didn't have to decide, because he killed me first.

And, well, a bunch of guys killing me behind cover again. You know how it is.

When this happen, I always check my ping and my enemy's. It can be quite revealing.

I hope they work this out for the next patch.

And, by the way, whoever said that headglitch was no longer in BF1, lied.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I stopped playing for quite a while. Like 2 updates ago. And I'm back and trying to get unlock the TSNP weapons, and am having a hell of a time. I don't know if it's the insane suppression mechanic, the insane bullet deviation in weapons, or just shoddy net code. Or a combination, but I seem to be unable to hit anything. Trying to get headshots with the MP18 Optical is ridiculous. I heard the headshot ping 3 times on a guy that was standing still and he still managed to kill me. I ran into a group of 3 enemies about 3-5m away and I ADS'd and fired. Missed all 3 somehow.

And my favorite weapon, the M.95 Infantry is the same. A guy can be ~10m away and my shot will just disappear into thin air. The weird thing is is that my ping and connection have gotten better since the last time I played, so I don't understand how that could be effecting it now when it didn't before.

But despite all this there's always that level 100+ with a Hellriegel that kills me before I can even react, even when all that's visible is my head over a wall.
  • 78-Myers
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's a problem.xbox one
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    78-Myers wrote: »
    It's a problem.xbox one

Well, time to stop playing again. Hopefully DICE gets their crap together and fixes this game, and I don't just mean bad net code.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    deleted
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    My experience has been buttery smooth for the most part, best netcode I've seen in decades. Only problems I've been having since the spring patch is menu based. Also thank god I haven't seen much of the hit reg bug. OP what's your ping when playing in region?

i'm on the same page with you. i haven't notice any major difference . but then again , i sucked at this game before and after the patch , but i still have fun
  • 78-Myers
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ram1c wrote: »

i'm on the same page with you. i haven't notice any major difference . but then again , i sucked at this game before and after the patch , but i still have fun

Great attitude