the kill-trade is out of control. ruined the game!

Comments

• disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    APBT wrote: »
    No need to sigh at me like a woman.
    Lol. Really?
    ...Anyways kill trades has big flaws when you factor in aim assist...
    You have aim assist too. Equal playing field. Doesn't make the kill trade mechanic wrong at all.

Aim Assist on an FPS is just bizarre in any situation.
  • wsupchris1222444
    974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this is going to make people don't want to play bf1.

I sure hope so, those are the types of people most of us don't want in this game. This is a good change and has been praised by a majority of the community.

Killtrades are praised by the community? I'll take 500 for bs.

They're annoying for sure but it is not a game breaker, guess it is better than losing a gun fight to dude with 1 health left.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The problem I have with KT is that if I line up a guy first, he shouldn't be able to turn around and panick fire on me FTW.

Then there are times when I'm injured and could take out a few guys, but not now with the magic bullet.
    It makes being a lone wolf that much harder.
    I guess some guys need this feature more than others. And let's not even talk about how aim assist plays into the equation, Which makes it even more of a BS issue.
    *sigh* The "magic bullet" was the one disappearing *before* kill trades were introduced. There's no magic bullet now. If you die it's because someone shot you. End of story.

Yes, it's more difficult to survive running around on your own now. As it should be. No more headless chicken tactics paying off because you pressed your fire button 25 millisecond before the enemy. You should not survive such reckless tactics. Now you do not. Develop a more realistic tactic.

We can talk video games without all that.

Anyways kill trades has big flaws when you factor in aim assist. I don't know how many times I've died to the worst support guns up close using the faster ttk weapons, because of the flaw.That's my problem with it.

So if the server registers a kill for you but the other person has already shot but not reached you yet, those bullets should disappear because you got the kill?

The problem with kill trade is it takes advantages and disadvantages of any weapons out of the equation.

If it don't matter what weapon you use, kill trade is the great equalizer.

Might as well have one weapon in the game if the result is death for both parties.

You didn't answer the question.
  • disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The problem I have with KT is that if I line up a guy first, he shouldn't be able to turn around and panick fire on me FTW.

Then there are times when I'm injured and could take out a few guys, but not now with the magic bullet.
    It makes being a lone wolf that much harder.
    I guess some guys need this feature more than others. And let's not even talk about how aim assist plays into the equation, Which makes it even more of a BS issue.
    *sigh* The "magic bullet" was the one disappearing *before* kill trades were introduced. There's no magic bullet now. If you die it's because someone shot you. End of story.

Yes, it's more difficult to survive running around on your own now. As it should be. No more headless chicken tactics paying off because you pressed your fire button 25 millisecond before the enemy. You should not survive such reckless tactics. Now you do not. Develop a more realistic tactic.

We can talk video games without all that.

Anyways kill trades has big flaws when you factor in aim assist. I don't know how many times I've died to the worst support guns up close using the faster ttk weapons, because of the flaw.That's my problem with it.

So if the server registers a kill for you but the other person has already shot but not reached you yet, those bullets should disappear because you got the kill?
    There's just no explaining it to some people. Fairness, logic, common sense and tactical improvement appears to mean nothing.
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kill trades factor out advantages and disadvantages of any weapon.

TTK, bullet velocity and damage is basically negated with the feature.

Might as well have one weapon in the game if the outcome is generally the same.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You still didn't answer the question. A simple yes or no is sufficient.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

In what way :lol::lol::lol:
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You got the answer that gave. Take it or leave it.
  • x_Undaunted_x

I'll leave it because you are incapable of making any kind of rational argument. Basically everything you've posted about kill trading is ridiculous because you have no real argument. It all boils down to this - you think you're so skilled, people couldn't possibly be killing you and the ONLY reason is because kill trading (and aim assist) have screwed you.

tl;dr - You suffer from Dunning-Kruger.

Thank you, drive through.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this is going to make people don't want to play bf1.

I sure hope so, those are the types of people most of us don't want in this game. This is a good change and has been praised by a majority of the community.

Killtrades are praised by the community? I'll take 500 for bs.

They're annoying for sure but it is not a game breaker, guess it is better than losing a gun fight to dude with 1 health left.

It has been praised by the majority. Proof is in this thread and all the other threads about it. For every 1 person whining about kill trading, you have at least 5 people supporting it.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Spoken like a true politician......lol
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

In what way :lol::lol::lol: [/quote]

I'm not going to take his side, because personally I think a game that rewards anyone with the kill simply for shooting first is more "snowflake" than anything....

But I did end up switching to faster TTK weapons from some of my old faves to purely to start trying to avert tradekills. I have no problem with them and think they're a good addition, but it can be a buzzkill when you're trying to push an objective, get a trade, and then either hope a medic revives you or just have to wait for a respawn.

So I think he was suggesting that it's going to end up that people will just use the weapons that kill fastest and the variety of loadouts will suffer more than it already does. But I don't think removing killtrades is the answer.
  • APBT

I'll leave it because you are incapable of making any kind of rational argument. Basically everything you've posted about kill trading is ridiculous because you have no real argument. It all boils down to this - you think you're so skilled, people couldn't possibly be killing you and the ONLY reason is because kill trading (and aim assist) have screwed you.

tl;dr - You suffer from Dunning-Kruger.

Thank you, drive through.

Actually I see both sides of it. There are times that I know I should have died and just killed traded with a guy.

I have no business beating a guy up close with a Benet Marcie while spamming the trigger.

IMO I think there is more honor in letting a guy with better skills get the kill, as opposed to the cpu assisting the Mark player from beginning of the game til the end.

If anything, the kill trade should be active only during respawn.

tl;dr Battlefield is already easy, why make it easier. We need a rollback please...
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

I'm not going to take his side, because personally I think a game that rewards anyone with the kill simply for shooting first is more "snowflake" than anything....

But I did end up switching to faster TTK weapons from some of my old faves to purely to start trying to avert tradekills. I have no problem with them and think they're a good addition, but it can be a buzzkill when you're trying to push an objective, get a trade, and then either hope a medic revives you or just have to wait for a respawn.

So I think he was suggesting that it's going to end up that people will just use the weapons that kill fastest and the variety of loadouts will suffer more than it already does. But I don't think removing killtrades is the answer.

People will continue to use Sweeper, Hellriegel, MG15/BAR and SMLE/MH.

Everything will be (and it is) the same.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    edited May 2017
    APBT wrote:
    tl;dr Battlefield is already easy, why make it easier. We need a rollback please...

Kill trading does not make BF easier. If anything, it brings to light the people who *thought* they were better when, in reality, they weren't. No rollback needed.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh boy, I'm going to be so pissed if they finally decide to remove kill trades under 30m.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh boy, I'm going to be so pissed if they finally decide to remove kill trades under 30m.

it's for melee only.
  • Dogwoggle11

it's for melee only.

Melee has killtrades too? I haven't seen that.

I guess I don't have to be pissed then. All good news.
  • APBT
    edited May 2017
    APBT wrote:

Kill trading does not make BF easier. If anything, it brings to light the people who *thought* they were better when, in reality, they weren't. No rollback needed.

The problem is it impedes on the guys that really are good and that is my concern.

Also you got to ask yourself how much does aim assist fit into this feature. It also handicaps everybody.
    In fact aim assist shouldn't be a factor.
    Fair is fair, but this feature is not. I can live with it. But if I kill a guy too, when he killed me first, I should get an asterisk beside that kill in the stats colum.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

it's for melee only.

Melee has killtrades too? I haven't seen that.

I guess I don't have to be pissed then. All good news.

I had my first one the other day, it was quite funny.