the kill-trade is out of control. ruined the game!

Comments

• aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh boy, I'm going to be so pissed if they finally decide to remove kill trades under 30m.

it's for melee only.

Melee has killtrades too? I haven't seen that.

I guess I don't have to be pissed then. All good news.

I had a killtrade with someone killed me with a 1903 sniper and I killed him with a club :lol:

I'm not going to take his side, because personally I think a game that rewards anyone with the kill simply for shooting first is more "snowflake" than anything....

But I did end up switching to faster TTK weapons from some of my old faves to purely to start trying to avert tradekills. I have no problem with them and think they're a good addition, but it can be a buzzkill when you're trying to push an objective, get a trade, and then either hope a medic revives you or just have to wait for a respawn.

So I think he was suggesting that it's going to end up that people will just use the weapons that kill fastest and the variety of loadouts will suffer more than it already does. But I don't think removing killtrades is the answer.

People will continue to use Sweeper, Hellriegel, MG15/BAR and SMLE/MH.

Everything will be (and it is) the same.

Of course. And where I personally didn't before, now I have to as well, which was my point. Where I used to have really good rounds with Lewis Guns and Benet Mercies I now have to use MG15/BAR/Chauchat now too, since those with longer TTKs get tradekilled a lot now. I don't stoop to using the sweeper SL though, I stick with Trench or Factory depending on whether or not it's HC or core.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    APBT wrote: »
    The problem is it impedes on the guys that really are good and that is my concern.

Also you got to ask yourself how much does aim assist fit into this feature. It also handicaps everybody.
    In fact aim assist shouldn't be a factor.
    Fair is fair, but this feature is not. I can live with it. But if I kill a guy too, when he killed me first, I should get an asterisk beside that kill in the stats colum.
    If you were really that "good" you wouldn't be kill trading to begin with except in times where latency is effecting you. Kill trading isn't the problem, your ego is.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    APBT wrote:
    tl;dr Battlefield is already easy, why make it easier. We need a rollback please...

Kill trading does not make BF easier. If anything, it brings to light the people who *thought* they were better when, in reality, they weren't. No rollback needed.

The problem is it impedes on the guys that really are good and that is my concern.

Also you got to ask yourself how much does aim assist fit into this feature. It also handicaps everybody.
    Fair is fair, but this feature is not. I can live with it. But if I kill a guy too, when he killed me first, I should get an asterisk beside that kill in the stats colum.

Was it really skill that got the kill credit first? Or was it ROF, muzzle velocity or lower latency getting hit reg claims to the server faster?
  • foff667
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh boy, I'm going to be so pissed if they finally decide to remove kill trades under 30m.

it's for melee only.

I had a killtrade with someone killed me with a 1903 sniper and I killed him with a club :lol:

I'm not going to take his side, because personally I think a game that rewards anyone with the kill simply for shooting first is more "snowflake" than anything....

But I did end up switching to faster TTK weapons from some of my old faves to purely to start trying to avert tradekills. I have no problem with them and think they're a good addition, but it can be a buzzkill when you're trying to push an objective, get a trade, and then either hope a medic revives you or just have to wait for a respawn.

So I think he was suggesting that it's going to end up that people will just use the weapons that kill fastest and the variety of loadouts will suffer more than it already does. But I don't think removing killtrades is the answer.

Of course. And where I personally didn't before, now I have to as well, which was my point. Where I used to have really good rounds with Lewis Guns and Benet Mercies I now have to use MG15/BAR/Chauchat now too, since those with longer TTKs get tradekilled a lot now. I don't stoop to using the sweeper SL though, I stick with Trench or Factory depending on whether or not it's HC or core.

I had a melee kill trade where we were both using the axe, I did the animation kill but he killed me with his axe after the animation...GET RID OF THE STUPID KILL TRADE THEY DO NOT WORK PROPERLY!

• Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    foff667 wrote:
    I had a melee kill trade where we were both using the axe, I did the animation kill but he killed me with his axe after the animation...GET RID OF THE STUPID KILL TRADE THEY DO NOT WORK PROPERLY!

@foff667
    The removed melee kill trades in the next patch...just a few days away.
  • foff667
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    foff667 wrote:

@foff667

Thank you for the heads up, I personally think they should remove it entirely and I think that over 50% of the user base would agree.
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If you were really that "good" you wouldn't be kill trading to begin with except in times where latency is effecting you. Kill trading isn't the problem, your ego is.

Most be miserable always having a defeatist attitude. You can do it Bobby. It won't kill ya to man up and get the kills you deserve!

The game is easy enough, I'm guessing at this point, it would take radiation to get this through your thick skull.

Agree to disagree.
  • Rev0verDrive
    foff667 wrote: »
    foff667 wrote:

@foff667

Thank you for the heads up, I personally think they should remove it entirely and I think that over 50% of the user base would agree.

Out of curiosity what's your avg latency?
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Most be miserable always having a defeatist attitude. You can do it Bobby. It won't kill ya to man up and get the kills you deserve!

The game is easy enough, I'm guessing at this point, it would take radiation to get this through your thick skull.

Agree to disagree.
    Funny, you talk about "manning up" when you can't even answer a simple yes or no question. Pot, meet kettle.

It must be miserable thinking you're more skilled than you really are. I bet you're that voice in the chat screaming at your monitor every time you die, calling every death BS and everyone who beats you is an AA scrub. Maybe someday you'll come back to planet earth.

Denial - it's not just a river.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    foff667 wrote:

@foff667

I think it wouldn't.
  • Rev0verDrive

Agree to disagree.
    Funny, you talk about "manning up" when you can't even answer a simple yes or no question. Pot, meet kettle.

It must be miserable thinking you're more skilled than you really are. I bet you're that voice in the chat screaming at your monitor every time you die, calling every death BS and everyone who beats you is an AA scrub. Maybe someday you'll come back to planet earth.

hehehehehehehe

• APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm not the best or have claim to be, but

Agree to disagree.

Nah man I'm a quite player and I don't really get into stats on furums (other than flags captured or denied).

I don't know, may have to rent a server to see if makes me happy again
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fine with the kill trades. I get why people hate it, but at least I know my shot is landing and I am taking the guy with me. I'd much rather have that than my bullet vanishing in mid air before it hits the guy in the head.
  • disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017

it's for melee only.

Aside from your example which was almost certainly complicated by server syncing and animation times, melee kill trades make even more sense than bullet kills trades. If someone puts a hatchet through my collarbone I might well have several seconds life in me and am well placed to put my axe into his neck.

Also, you might want to lay off the caps. Doesn't really indicate a reasoned and deliberate comment to take seriously.
  • x_Undaunted_x

I never said you were the best or claimed to be either. Please learn to read.
  • APBT

I never said you were the best or claimed to be either. Please learn to read.

The irony.
  • foff667
    foff667 wrote:

@foff667

Out of curiosity what's your avg latency?

35-38-PS4 eastern US
  • foff667
    Buick72 wrote: »
    I'm fine with the kill trades. I get why people hate it, but at least I know my shot is landing and I am taking the guy with me. I'd much rather have that than my bullet vanishing in mid air before it hits the guy in the head.

here's the thing, it depends on how you look at it, if you didn't react fast enough and they got the jump on you yeah of course you want that kill and vice versa if they got the jump on you and then one last bullet came out and killed them they're pissed that they died even though they out reacted you. Dice went back & forth with kill trades in BF4 for a while and eventually settled to NOT have them in the game, play bf4 it simply doesn't happen, IMO THIS is the way it should be.
  • Rev0verDrive
    foff667 wrote:
    35-38-PS4 eastern US

Hmmm. So I take it from your previous posts you'd be fine with a 12ms player beat you out because his shots reg'd faster with the server.