Kill trading isn't the problem, it's the shoddy netcode

0SiGHT0
455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Everyone complaining about kill trading happening so much should really be asking DICE to create a better netcode that was featured in their games from years ago. What we have had from BF4 onward is atrocious!

Comments

• x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Personally, I've found BF1's "netcode" far superior to BF4's. It's been kind of janky since the last patch that elevated the ping limit to 150, but, I didn't have too many problems before the patch.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It really depends on the day. Sometimes things are golden and then 4 or more killtrades in a game, getting shot through walls and the like.
  • BenimBenji
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It really depends on the day. Sometimes things are golden and then 4 or more killtrades in a game, getting shot through walls and the like.

What's your problem with kill trades? Can you please explain? IMO the trades are fair considering that bullets just don't simply vanish IRL.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    Everyone complaining about kill trading happening so much should really be asking DICE to create a better netcode that was featured in their games from years ago. What we have had from BF4 onward is atrocious!

IMO, same thing that created all the OP weapon issues from the get go...

At this point, it seems to me something is iffy in their servers. ....not just the netcode. the difference of night and day from one map to the next.....or the slow gradual decline from super great at the beginning of the match to dragged down, glitchy as foch at the end of the match.

for awhile I was thinking it was my connection at times. But every other game played online has none of these problems. Heck, even the other night when I was playing. no problems at all and I even found out my youngest son and his friend both had their xbox's going and playing COD multiplayer in the other room.. I would have thought that would have drug my connection to a crawl, but it didn't....I didn't even notice. Something is going on, but I just can't put my finger on it.
  • disposalist
    8335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's got way better in my experience.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    hawcer wrote: »
    At this point, it seems to me something is iffy in their servers. ....not just the netcode. the difference of night and day from one map to the next.....or the slow gradual decline from super great at the beginning of the match to dragged down, glitchy as foch at the end of the match.

I have been experiencing the same thing since the hotfix. Once the patch rolled out with the new netcode changes everything was perfect. Game felt so silky smooth and everything was great. Once the hotfix came out that increased minimum latency things have been going on a downward decline since. Certain maps/servers seem to be unplayable, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes over the course of the entire game and on occasion it seems to stay there through multiple games. I have been seeing an increased number of invisible players (even had an invisible bayonet charge happen to me) lot's of rubberbanding, ran into a few players who stood perfectly still but hits do not register against them while they can shoot perfectly fine. And it seems getting killed behind corners is back in full swing. Last but not least and completely new to me since the hotfix, I have died 3 times that I can remember to people I killed. I'm not talking normal kill trades. I mean I killed the guy, he drops to the ground and 2-3 full seconds later I get shot and killed by the guy who is dead.

To me it just feels like something else is off but for now I will just assume it's the hotfix. I just can't wait until they change it to 130ms in NA/EU.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawcer wrote: »

IMO, same thing that created all the OP weapon issues from the get go...

for awhile I was thinking it was my connection at times. But every other game played online has none of these problems. Heck, even the other night when I was playing. no problems at all and I even found out my youngest son and his friend both had their xbox's going and playing COD multiplayer in the other room.. I would have thought that would have drug my connection to a crawl, but it didn't....I didn't even notice. Something is going on, but I just can't put my finger on it.

EA's servers have always been trash, but on other games you at least knew when you were lagging, there was visible rubber banding and what not. Bad Company 2 comes to mind where you could actually manage the rubber banding and know what you could or couldn't do. In BF4 and the games that followed, there were many unexplainable deaths that often happened.
  • 0SiGHT0
    What I'm talking about is nothing new, they just changed the code to allow for kill trades. The netcode issue has always been around, for several games now. It needs to be fixed
  • Rev0verDrive
    6708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote:

Hahahhaaa. You do realize the original games did have kill trades. It also allowed for vehicle kill trades.

Catch phrase terminology drops with null understanding of any of its components. NICE!
  • Rev0verDrive
    6708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2017
    most people who hate the killtrades are arrogant enough to believe that they would have always won that encounter, and don't stop to consider how many of those killtrades would have been straight up deaths , for me, I always assume I may have lost that encounter and am happy to take the enemy down with me.

True. The overwhelming misunderstanding of how much latency plays a part in the win/loss is staggering. Pre-patch just having a latency 1ms lower could grant you the win. It still does in that respect, but it gets balanced out with kill trades.
  • DrJosephWarren
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It definitely seems lazy on the developers part to have kill trading. So what if I yell "BS" at the screen if i'm the one that shot second? No matter if it was BS or not, somebody should come out on top, even with lag.
  • disposalist
    8335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It definitely seems lazy on the developers part to have kill trading. So what if I yell "BS" at the screen if i'm the one that shot second? No matter if it was BS or not, somebody should come out on top, even with lag.
    Why?
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why?

All I can imagine is some B rate movie on cable where they are dragging someone through a psych ward kicking and screaming " but I killed him first. it's not fair, i killed him first. I should have won because I killed him first!"
  • Rev0verDrive

15ms vs 16ms ... same gun, both fire at the same time, 100% accuracy. Who wins and why?
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

15ms vs 16ms ... same gun, both fire at the same time, 100% accuracy. Who wins and why?

The guy with 15ms, because that 1ms difference takes some serious skill.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Further prove op has no idea what's he is talking about; nothing has changed in the past 6 months
  • 78-Myers
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BenimBenji wrote: »

What's your problem with kill trades? Can you please explain? IMO the trades are fair considering that bullets just don't simply vanish IRL.

It's who's bullets hit first.duh!
  • Rev0verDrive
    78-Myers wrote: »

It's who's bullets hit first.duh!

You're probably one of those that cries about everyone playing X class and using X gun.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Kill trades sorta ruin the experience. Kill trades are fair in a game that is an arcade version of reality. But I would like a game in which a 7.62 round or two knocks you down......not 7. If I get 4 or 5 rounds of 7,62 into you and you reply with one that for reasons of "balance" is 7 times more powerful and we both die...I think that is garbage.