the kill-trade is out of control. ruined the game!

15678911»

Comments

• foff667
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've seen low ping players at the bottom of the leaderboard & high ping players at the top, my issue is, and I've said it from the start, that this is a video game, in video games since the dawn of time there is a winner and there is a loser. Same gun I shoot you first and with the EXACT same accuracy as you I should win the fight, not we both win or we both lose. If you shoot me first YOU should win, simple as that. To me having kill trades is like giving poor athlete a participation award. Earn the kill, get better, get faster, etc.
  • disposalist
    8842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2017
    foff667 wrote: »
    Buick72 wrote: »
    I'm fine with the kill trades. I get why people hate it, but at least I know my shot is landing and I am taking the guy with me. I'd much rather have that than my bullet vanishing in mid air before it hits the guy in the head.

here's the thing, it depends on how you look at it, if you didn't react fast enough and they got the jump on you yeah of course you want that kill and vice versa if they got the jump on you and then one last bullet came out and killed them they're pissed that they died even though they out reacted you. Dice went back & forth with kill trades in BF4 for a while and eventually settled to NOT have them in the game, play bf4 it simply doesn't happen, IMO THIS is the way it should be.
    Yes in BF4 they couldn't make it work. BF4 didn't have the advances in netcode that BF1 does hence the unreal, illogical, simplified gunplay phenomenon of magical disappearing bullets. BF1 couldn't do it until recently, either.

As games advance they become more realistic. Most people see it as a good thing. Some people apparently can't cope.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    APBT wrote: »
    If you were really that "good" you wouldn't be kill trading to begin with except in times where latency is effecting you. Kill trading isn't the problem, your ego is.

I'm not the best or have claim to be, but
    I never said you were the best or claimed to be either. Please learn to read.

The irony.

Do you even know what irony means?

(BTW, this is a yes or no question too.)
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Buick72 wrote: »
    I'm fine with the kill trades. I get why people hate it, but at least I know my shot is landing and I am taking the guy with me. I'd much rather have that than my bullet vanishing in mid air before it hits the guy in the head.

here's the thing, it depends on how you look at it, if you didn't react fast enough and they got the jump on you yeah of course you want that kill and vice versa if they got the jump on you and then one last bullet came out and killed them they're pissed that they died even though they out reacted you. Dice went back & forth with kill trades in BF4 for a while and eventually settled to NOT have them in the game, play bf4 it simply doesn't happen, IMO THIS is the way it should be.

If they got the jump on me, and didn't kill me before I could return fire, they didn't out react me. If you run up on me and start shooting me with an SMG, and I turn and get that headshot off with my rifle before your bullets connect and we both die. I out-reacted you. Or, more so, we tied, lol. Your bullets just took longer to get there.

If you both shoot well, and kill each other, no one out reacted anyone.

Having a killing bullet disappear mid air cheats the guy who had an accurate shot out of a kill he deserved. Like when RPGs would vanish right before they destroyed the tank that killed you.

Having kill trades promotes being more careful and accurate, and I have no problem with that. However, this is all just my opinion, I'm not saying you are wrong, or that I'd really care if they removed it... Just that I don't mind it. If you and I both land a well placed headshot with a rifle on each other at the exact same time, we both deserve that kill. I shouldn't get to skate free because my bullet travels faster than yours. But again, just my opinion.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    foff667 wrote:
    I've seen low ping players at the bottom of the leaderboard & high ping players at the top, my issue is, and I've said it from the start, that this is a video game, in video games since the dawn of time there is a winner and there is a loser. Same gun I shoot you first and with the EXACT same accuracy as you I should win the fight, not we both win or we both lose. If you shoot me first YOU should win, simple as that. To me having kill trades is like giving poor athlete a participation award. Earn the kill, get better, get faster, etc.

Your point hems around the "Shoot First" is the winner theory. Programmatically that's wrong. You can literally shoot first, more accurately and flat out lose simply do to having a higher ping than the other player. That's straight up Fact.

Shooting first or more accurately doesn't get your shots registered with the server first. It all hinges on the pings/latencies of both players in the shootout. Also the weapons RPM and muzzle velocity are huge variables in the calculation.

I'm really starting to think you beleive BF is either P2P or client side hit reg. The fact is it is neither.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh boy, I'm going to be so pissed if they finally decide to remove kill trades under 30m.

it's for melee only.

Melee has killtrades too? I haven't seen that.

I guess I don't have to be pissed then. All good news.

I had a killtrade with someone killed me with a 1903 sniper and I killed him with a club :lol:

I'm not going to take his side, because personally I think a game that rewards anyone with the kill simply for shooting first is more "snowflake" than anything....

But I did end up switching to faster TTK weapons from some of my old faves to purely to start trying to avert tradekills. I have no problem with them and think they're a good addition, but it can be a buzzkill when you're trying to push an objective, get a trade, and then either hope a medic revives you or just have to wait for a respawn.

So I think he was suggesting that it's going to end up that people will just use the weapons that kill fastest and the variety of loadouts will suffer more than it already does. But I don't think removing killtrades is the answer.

People will continue to use Sweeper, Hellriegel, MG15/BAR and SMLE/MH.

Everything will be (and it is) the same.

Of course. And where I personally didn't before, now I have to as well, which was my point. Where I used to have really good rounds with Lewis Guns and Benet Mercies I now have to use MG15/BAR/Chauchat now too, since those with longer TTKs get tradekilled a lot now. I don't stoop to using the sweeper SL though, I stick with Trench or Factory depending on whether or not it's HC or core.

I had a melee kill trade where we were both using the axe, I did the animation kill but he killed me with his axe after the animation...GET RID OF THE STUPID KILL TRADE THEY DO NOT WORK PROPERLY!

Kind of hard to play both kill animations at the same time isn't it? Unless you chopped his arm or head off, you were in a position to be killed as well.....
  • ReportThemzAll
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    APBT wrote:
    tl;dr Battlefield is already easy, why make it easier. We need a rollback please...

Kill trading does not make BF easier. If anything, it brings to light the people who *thought* they were better when, in reality, they weren't. No rollback needed.

The problem is it impedes on the guys that really are good and that is my concern.

Also you got to ask yourself how much does aim assist fit into this feature. It also handicaps everybody.
    In fact aim assist shouldn't be a factor.
    Fair is fair, but this feature is not. I can live with it. But if I kill a guy too, when he killed me first, I should get an asterisk beside that kill in the stats colum.

Bullets fly, pal. Unless you are Magneto, you won't stop them.
    The feature is perfectly fair.

But I am Magneto. In another EA-published game I can block incoming missiles/bullets and throw them back to other people.
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017
    If you were really that "good" you wouldn't be kill trading to begin with except in times where latency is effecting you. Kill trading isn't the problem, your ego is.

The irony.

I never stated that you said I was the best, but you say I should learn how to read.

And you and this is getting to be boring.

Why don't go and play Battlefield 1 for more than an hour, so I can think about taking you serious.

• x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2017

The irony.

I never stated that you said I was the best, but you say I should learn how to read.

Why don't go and play Battlefield 1 for more than an hour, so I can think about taking you serious.
    Awww... Someone went and looked at my stats. It's called an alt account. Please use some intelligence.
    Post edited by x_Undaunted_x on
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2017

The irony.

Awww... Someone went and looked at my stats. It's called an alt account. Please use some intelligence.

Xray Charlie.
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you had to respond more than 2 times on dislike of kill trading, you probably should find another game to play.
  • Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    if they got the jump on you and then one last bullet came out and killed them they're pissed that they died even though they out reacted you.
    They didn't. It's excluded by definition. If you enemy manages to get the last bullet out you did not out react him, you were too slow. You may have been fast enough to kill him first, but you simply failed at being fast enough to make sure he could not kill you too.

If you had out reacted him, he would have never got that bullet out. The bizare way BF1 handled such situations in the past simply deceived you into thinking that you are better than you actually are. Each and every killtrade is just the ugly truth now and the only fault was the past system missleading you to think that you were better than you truly are.
  • x_Undaunted_x

The irony.

Xray Charlie.
    Gamma Iota Tau Gamma Upsilon Delta
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    APBT wrote:
    tl;dr Battlefield is already easy, why make it easier. We need a rollback please...

Kill trading does not make BF easier. If anything, it brings to light the people who *thought* they were better when, in reality, they weren't. No rollback needed.

The problem is it impedes on the guys that really are good and that is my concern.

Also you got to ask yourself how much does aim assist fit into this feature. It also handicaps everybody.
    Fair is fair, but this feature is not. I can live with it. But if I kill a guy too, when he killed me first, I should get an asterisk beside that kill in the stats colum.

But I am Magneto. In another EA-published game I can block incoming missiles/bullets and throw them back to other people.

You don't fool me. Magneto is way too cool to post on these forums.
  • ReportThemzAll
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    APBT wrote:

You don't fool me. Magneto is way too cool to post on these forums.

Everyone's Magneto. Just play Titanfall.
  • 78-Myers
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well look like there are a lot scrub in this community asking for this noob kill trade. I'm happy i didn't buy the season pass! cheer DICE! you just broken bf1.

Learn how to play