Bf3 scope glint, bf4 scope glint, bfh scope glint and bf1 scope glint!!

Comments

  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    Unless you stay in one spot the whole game.then this really shouldn't be a problem.

    Well that's not true many times playing support I have caught sight of some glint and rained down LMG hell on it.

    That doesnt make it not true. It just means you spotted a sniper and shot at him.

    That doesn't mean the sniper was camping he was suggesting that glint is no hindrance to a recon that is keeping moving and that's clearly not the case.

    How is it clearly not the case? Its certainly far less of a hindrance if you stay on the move.

    Its less of a hindrance but it is still a hindrance his was saying its no hindrance if you keep moving which is not true.
    Explain why.
    Explain why glint is such a big hindrance when staying on the move and not ads-ing for excessive amounts of time.
    This time try not to tell us how you once shot a sniper with an lmg, instead try giving us an actual reason that actually has something to do with the point.

    Mate, do you even play this game? Are you actually asking people how constant, super easy to spot, infinate distance scope glint is a hindrance for ONLY one class in the game? Or at least a hindrance to recons who play the objective?
    .
    Ive seldom had to describe common sense to someone, but ill give it the ol college try... The human eye primarily relies on movement, boarder intensity (shape recognition) and spectral information to spot and detect prey or enemies. Actually no... you can educate yourself before painting this forum with logical fallicies, please read this and form a basic understanding of human sight before asking inept questions. Heres a link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2674079/
    Naked eye observation is seriously disrupted by glaring light, which automatically causes the pupil to shrink, immediately drawing your attention to the source, even from the outskirts of peripheral vision. If we apply this logic, and the 100's of reputable independant studies done from the above link to battlefield multiplayer, it shouldnt suprise you that having "glare" attatched to your character is a massive hinderance, weather or not you are camping.
    .
    As an example, occupying the second floor of a building on Golmud railway, capturing the A flag, I notice an enemy on the other side of the street walk into a building. I scope in, ready to line up a headshot when he rounds the corner. In this example I should have the clear advantage up untill I give my position away or he spots me, I know his location yet he does not know mine. Im shooting from inside a dark window, where my silouhette is harder to distinguish from the backdrop according to his point of view, I am stationary as I go to line him up, so movement should not draw his eye to my window, at least not immediately. Once he has rounded the corner though, his eye has been immediately drawn to my position because Glare is immediately recognisable as foreign to the surroundings. This has happened in no more than a second, removing my opportunity and tactical advantage, because he has now ducked into cover and from a loadout standpoint, he now has the upper hand. This happens ALL the time in different variations. In fact, more often than not. It is a complete crutch for certain run and gunners, and removes critical thought, map knowledge, tactics, player positioning and target prioritization from this game, and replaces it with a mechanic that makes up for some players complete lack of situational awareness, and rewards them for it.
    .
    It is absurd that one class recieve such a giant hinderance, and speaks bounds for the people defending such a broken, lopsided mechanic.

    Don't use a high magnification scope to shoot across the street.........
    So he needs to hip fire his primary weapon which DICE has setup to be the most inaccurate. Why do you think quickscope exist in BF4 because hip firing a BA at 15m is likely to miss.

    Or he could equip a 4x........

    He was camping, sorry, 'defending' at A on Golmud.
  • x-GUTB-x
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Absolutely. Just like vehicles, sniping has been nerfed into casual oblivion to boost the Pokemon players. The glint might even be acceptable to force a trade off with silencers and low power optics, but the vapor trial is just too much. And a killcam -- it's just a joke. This silly bullet drag is just another casual system to nerf skilled play and force everyone into a COD cluster.
  • ShinoobyIsOP
    61 postsMember Member
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    Unless you stay in one spot the whole game.then this really shouldn't be a problem.

    Well that's not true many times playing support I have caught sight of some glint and rained down LMG hell on it.

    That doesnt make it not true. It just means you spotted a sniper and shot at him.

    That doesn't mean the sniper was camping he was suggesting that glint is no hindrance to a recon that is keeping moving and that's clearly not the case.

    How is it clearly not the case? Its certainly far less of a hindrance if you stay on the move.

    Its less of a hindrance but it is still a hindrance his was saying its no hindrance if you keep moving which is not true.
    Explain why.
    Explain why glint is such a big hindrance when staying on the move and not ads-ing for excessive amounts of time.
    This time try not to tell us how you once shot a sniper with an lmg, instead try giving us an actual reason that actually has something to do with the point.

    Well I don't recall saying its a big hindrance could you point out where I did so please. Obviously a bright light showing up when a sniper/recon goes ADS is a hindrance it draws bullets like a flame draws moths. The moment a recon goes ads he gives away his position before even taking a shot. Its HELLO yes you HELLO IM HERE and I'm going to try and shoot you this in my exact position and I haven't taken the shot yet. So why don't you move quickly to get into cover and oh yes everyone in my field of view can you all shoot the **** out of me. Just what's wrong with a sniper going ADS and camping for a long time why should they be punished with glint for it ?.

    You didnt say big hindrance, but you are acting as if it is one.
    If its only a small hindrance you wouldnt have an issue over it.

    No I said something wasn't true that's all and you decided to pick a fight over it .

    No, I decided to ask why. I decided to see if you had an actual reason you wanted the game to be easier for you.

    Again, you are acting like its a big hindrance.


    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    Unless you stay in one spot the whole game.then this really shouldn't be a problem.

    Well that's not true many times playing support I have caught sight of some glint and rained down LMG hell on it.

    That doesnt make it not true. It just means you spotted a sniper and shot at him.

    That doesn't mean the sniper was camping he was suggesting that glint is no hindrance to a recon that is keeping moving and that's clearly not the case.

    How is it clearly not the case? Its certainly far less of a hindrance if you stay on the move.

    Its less of a hindrance but it is still a hindrance his was saying its no hindrance if you keep moving which is not true.
    Explain why.
    Explain why glint is such a big hindrance when staying on the move and not ads-ing for excessive amounts of time.
    This time try not to tell us how you once shot a sniper with an lmg, instead try giving us an actual reason that actually has something to do with the point.

    .

    This is possibly the most stupid reply i've ever seen.

    Why do you need a high-powered scope to shoot across the street? Why cant you pop him in the head before he reacts to your glint?

    Mate, you cant be this dense. After every time someone answers your thick question, do they have to be met with an insult, followed by another equally thick question? People are figuratively building you a palace of logical answers, yet you still ask face-desk, vacuous questions. Why did I need a high powered scope to shoot across the street? why did the chicken cross the road? Why didnt I pop him in the head? I just explained why in my last post, if was the fulcrum of my arguement, explaining the injustice of losing my advantage and lining up my shot because of the presence of the solar mass attatched to my face.
    .

    People are giving you one logical reason after another why this mechanic is broke and a product of people that are probably bad at the game, complaining so this game is made easier for them, at the cost of breaking balance and removing skill, depth and other learned attributes. Imagine every time a engineer pulls out his rocket launcher a flare shoots out of his head. Maybe every time an enemy medic pulled out his paddles a wazoo whistle constantly sounded at his location, or a support player just randomly started glowing neon everytime an ammo bag was dropped. Only difference with these scenarios is that it only affects these classes gadgets, not even the same as having a solar mass give away your position everytime you go to aim.
    .
    I completely agree with ideas to get useless snipers off hills KM's from the fight, thats why I think adding drag at those distances was a good idea. But for the majority of recons like myself, who play the objective, destroy tanks, place beacons and actually carry my team in every round, its a slap in the face giving a class that has the highest skill floor and almost no room for error such an overwhelming disadvantage.
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    Unless you stay in one spot the whole game.then this really shouldn't be a problem.

    Well that's not true many times playing support I have caught sight of some glint and rained down LMG hell on it.

    That doesnt make it not true. It just means you spotted a sniper and shot at him.

    That doesn't mean the sniper was camping he was suggesting that glint is no hindrance to a recon that is keeping moving and that's clearly not the case.

    How is it clearly not the case? Its certainly far less of a hindrance if you stay on the move.

    Its less of a hindrance but it is still a hindrance his was saying its no hindrance if you keep moving which is not true.
    Explain why.
    Explain why glint is such a big hindrance when staying on the move and not ads-ing for excessive amounts of time.
    This time try not to tell us how you once shot a sniper with an lmg, instead try giving us an actual reason that actually has something to do with the point.

    Don't use a high magnification scope to shoot across the street.........
    34343223 wrote: »
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Don't camp; don't snipe. Problem solved.
    -
    What's next?

    What is the point of scout class then? That is such an irresponsible solution. If DICE makes a few tweaks on gameplay, snipers will be useful than before.

    You've answered your own question.

    Youre in the same boat, anything recon related will never get nerfed far enough as far as your concerned. Its people like you, that are the prime reason why skill, critical thought, tactics and map knowledge are slowly coming second place to cheesy instant win, lockon, auto aim BS that is plaguing the industry. By keeping silly mechanics like this in, and condoning these ideas when DICE slips up and adds cheesy stuff like this in, your removing an area of the game that was previously filled by player skill and had real depth, then replacing it with a system that does your job for you. It may be this daft glint mechanic now, but if BATTLEFRONT is any indication on what DICE will cut if we dont speak out against these bad ideas, itll keep continuing, and that is a fact. Its frustrating watching battlefield get undoubtedly prettier, but watching skill based features and systems get cut, insted of added.
  • saddlebred12
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why do people need to aim for long periods of time anyway? playing recon at no point have I ever felt I needed to ADS for long. i would think people would be more concerned with snipers being a OHK at long range to the body.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why do people need to aim for long periods of time anyway? playing recon at no point have I ever felt I needed to ADS for long. i would think people would be more concerned with snipers being a OHK at long range to the body.

    the have to aim for find enemy, for protect their objectiv and cover a55 at their team.
    Why this class has been punidhed with this glint?!!?
    In bf1 is rare find good snipers, the good sniper play 50 or 60 metres far, the camper how people love to say are far 100 or more and from that distance the snipers rifle really suck so i dont see the need to put glint, it make this game like a cartoon for kids.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @Jeff191919 - all those words yet you still havent answered the question. And you wonder why i insult you.

    I mean seriously, why cant you pop somebody in the head before he notices your glint? You are waiting for him, so you have plenty of time to prepare. You just have to hit him once.

    He has to see your glint, react, and shoot you 4-6 times with a far less accurate weapon to kill you.


    So there you go, a post with no insults. Lets see how you respond.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Why do people need to aim for long periods of time anyway? playing recon at no point have I ever felt I needed to ADS for long.

    Exactly.

    None of these amazing snipers will answer that though.
  • saddlebred12
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why do people need to aim for long periods of time anyway? playing recon at no point have I ever felt I needed to ADS for long. i would think people would be more concerned with snipers being a OHK at long range to the body.

    the have to aim for find enemy, for protect their objectiv and cover a55 at their team.
    Why this class has been punidhed with this glint?!!?
    In bf1 is rare find good snipers, the good sniper play 50 or 60 metres far, the camper how people love to say are far 100 or more and from that distance the snipers rifle really suck so i dont see the need to put glint, it make this game like a cartoon for kids.

    At 100 meters the bullet arrives in about a sixth of a second and since all rifles are zeroed for 100m by default its as simple as aim at the head and shoot
  • ShinoobyIsOP
    61 postsMember Member
    edited July 2016
    @Jeff191919 - all those words yet you still havent answered the question. And you wonder why i insult you.

    I mean seriously, why cant you pop somebody in the head before he notices your glint? You are waiting for him, so you have plenty of time to prepare. You just have to hit him once.

    He has to see your glint, react, and shoot you 4-6 times with a far less accurate weapon to kill you.


    So there you go, a post with no insults. Lets see how you respond.

    Ok, just for the sake of arguement, im going to state the fact that im well above an average player, just due to having plenty of battlefield experience. Im not the best, but for a time back in battlefield 3, I was the top recon in my country.
    Im only raising this point because if im struggling in certain scenarios like above then others must be having an even harder time constantly dealing with this daft mechanic.
    .
    But to answer your question,
    I always go for a headshot, and when I scope in I follow my target untill Ive predicted his movments and have the drop, lead and player trajectory compensated for, then fire. If I miss, Ill go for a body shot and finish off with a pistol or another shot. Doing all of this dosent take too long, usually not even a second or two, but the problem is, even scoping in for this amount of time immediately draws your enemies sight directly to your face the split second you scope in. This immediately warns the person im aiming at them and that their about to cop some sniper fire, and like clockwork, they will instinctively run erratic or put some cover between us. Within reason, no matter how fast you can aim and calculate a headshot, its often not fast enough as someone can spot glint and react. In the scenario I stated, he simply spotted my glint faster than I could headshot him, then he knew to advance on my position using cover as anyone else would. Although I left some C4 for him and moved buildings, he still dodged a bullet through no skill of his own, just because I have a lamp face.
    .
    When I play all the other classes, I constantly spot recon players that I otherwise wouldnt have seen if only for their glint. Its basically a bunch of free kills every game. If their a flag or two away, its a free kill just tap firing whatever automatic, and if theyre further, theyre not a threat at all.
    .
    Im all for punishing recons that are sitting miles from the action, they probably annoy me more than you. but for the majority of recon players that are capping and definding flags or routes, its a giant disadvantage that no other class experiences. I personally think if glint HAS to stay, then glint should only be visible while looking through a sniper scope, so having a counter sniper in your squad is usefull.
    .
    Edit: Just a few stats here, but if you have say 100ms ping, and the average reaction time for a human is ~0.25 seconds, theoryetically that means from the point you have scoped in someone can easily see and react to your scope glare in under half a second. Kind of proving that in order to beat the complications of scope glare, you essentially have to quickscope headshot in under that timeframe. Nothing wrong with people who like COD, but this is pretty much promoting a COD playstyle as the correct way to play battlefield, and im not a fan of that.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    .....blah, blah, blah......
    Scope glint does not reduce anyone's ability to get a super leet 2000m shot, it prevents people camping with high powered scopes, it's as simple as that!

    The first thing I do and the best piece of advice I give new players is learn the maps.

    I rarely use Lock Ons myself but granted, I do support their inclusion and use where appropriate.

    I have Auto Rotation off.

    Engineer - Rockets leave massive smoke trails and Lock Ons even tell the target where the shooter is.

    Support - Claymores now have tripwires and Mortars are on the mini map at all times.

    Assault - Defies already make a clearly audible sound ( unless you are miles away of course)

    Next......

  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    .....blah, blah, blah......
    Scope glint does not reduce anyone's ability to get a super leet 2000m shot, it prevents people camping with high powered scopes, it's as simple as that!





    scope glint is not for balance or super camp, they put it because many kids crying about killed by snipers. Old battlefield didnt have glint
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    .....blah, blah, blah......
    Scope glint does not reduce anyone's ability to get a super leet 2000m shot, it prevents people camping with high powered scopes, it's as simple as that!



    scope glint is not for balance or super camp, they put it because many kids crying about killed by snipers. Old battlefield didnt have glint
  • ShinoobyIsOP
    61 postsMember Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    .....blah, blah, blah......
    Scope glint does not reduce anyone's ability to get a super leet 2000m shot, it prevents people camping with high powered scopes, it's as simple as that!

    The first thing I do and the best piece of advice I give new players is learn the maps.

    The second thing I do is get on the forum and act like a total manchild instead of discussing solutions.

    I rarely use Lock Ons myself but granted, I do use lockons because im a scrub, so I support their inclusion and use where appropriate.

    I have Auto Rotation off.

    I cup and smell my own farts.

    Engineer - Rockets leave massive smoke trails and Lock Ons even tell the target where the shooter is.

    Support - Claymores now have tripwires and Mortars are on the mini map at all times.

    Assault - Defies already make a clearly audible sound ( unless you are miles away of course)

    Next......

    Sweet man.
    Where did I say scope glint reduces someones ability to get 2000meter shots? wtf are you on about.
    Yeah, and spawn beacons constantly beep, motion balls make noise, tugs and mav also make a racket. Not comparable to having a torch glued to your face.
    .
    Look, I want snipers camping a KM from an objective punished as much as you, because they **** me off too, but theres also equally crap players in every class, just not as obvious as spotting a bad recon.
    So I think theres plenty of solutions to remove glint for people occupying the map so everyones on equal footing, while still punishing those dangleberries.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    @Jeff191919 - all those words yet you still havent answered the question. And you wonder why i insult you.

    I mean seriously, why cant you pop somebody in the head before he notices your glint? You are waiting for him, so you have plenty of time to prepare. You just have to hit him once.

    He has to see your glint, react, and shoot you 4-6 times with a far less accurate weapon to kill you.


    So there you go, a post with no insults. Lets see how you respond.

    Ok, just for the sake of arguement, im going to state the fact that im well above an average player, just due to having plenty of battlefield experience. Im not the best, but for a time back in battlefield 3, I was the top recon in my country.
    Im only raising this point because if im struggling in certain scenarios like above then others must be having an even harder time constantly dealing with this daft mechanic.
    .
    But to answer your question,
    I always go for a headshot, and when I scope in I follow my target untill Ive predicted his movments and have the drop, lead and player trajectory compensated for, then fire. If I miss, Ill go for a body shot and finish off with a pistol or another shot. Doing all of this dosent take too long, usually not even a second or two, but the problem is, even scoping in for this amount of time immediately draws your enemies sight directly to your face the split second you scope in. This immediately warns the person im aiming at them and that their about to cop some sniper fire, and like clockwork, they will instinctively run erratic or put some cover between us. Within reason, no matter how fast you can aim and calculate a headshot, its often not fast enough as someone can spot glint and react. In the scenario I stated, he simply spotted my glint faster than I could headshot him, then he knew to advance on my position using cover as anyone else would. Although I left some C4 for him and moved buildings, he still dodged a bullet through no skill of his own, just because I have a lamp face.
    .
    When I play all the other classes, I constantly spot recon players that I otherwise wouldnt have seen if only for their glint. Its basically a bunch of free kills every game. If their a flag or two away, its a free kill just tap firing whatever automatic, and if theyre further, theyre not a threat at all.
    .
    Im all for punishing recons that are sitting miles from the action, they probably annoy me more than you. but for the majority of recon players that are capping and definding flags or routes, its a giant disadvantage that no other class experiences. I personally think if glint HAS to stay, then glint should only be visible while looking through a sniper scope, so having a counter sniper in your squad is usefull.
    .
    Edit: Just a few stats here, but if you have say 100ms ping, and the average reaction time for a human is ~0.25 seconds, theoryetically that means from the point you have scoped in someone can easily see and react to your scope glare in under half a second. Kind of proving that in order to beat the complications of scope glare, you essentially have to quickscope headshot in under that timeframe. Nothing wrong with people who like COD, but this is pretty much promoting a COD playstyle as the correct way to play battlefield, and im not a fan of that.

    Wait....hang on. I thought glint was only visible when aiming down sights? If BF1 has glint when you are not ads then I agree that shouldnt be there.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    .....blah, blah, blah......
    Scope glint does not reduce anyone's ability to get a super leet 2000m shot, it prevents people camping with high powered scopes, it's as simple as that!

    The first thing I do and the best piece of advice I give new players is learn the maps.

    The second thing I do is get on the forum and act like a total manchild instead of discussing solutions.

    I rarely use Lock Ons myself but granted, I do use lockons because im a scrub, so I support their inclusion and use where appropriate.

    I have Auto Rotation off.

    I cup and smell my own farts.

    Engineer - Rockets leave massive smoke trails and Lock Ons even tell the target where the shooter is.

    Support - Claymores now have tripwires and Mortars are on the mini map at all times.

    Assault - Defies already make a clearly audible sound ( unless you are miles away of course)

    Next......

    Sweet man.
    Where did I say scope glint reduces someones ability to get 2000meter shots? wtf are you on about.
    Yeah, and spawn beacons constantly beep, motion balls make noise, tugs and mav also make a racket. Not comparable to having a torch glued to your face.
    .
    Look, I want snipers camping a KM from an objective punished as much as you, because they **** me off too, but theres also equally **** players in every class, just not as obvious as spotting a bad recon.
    So I think theres plenty of solutions to remove glint for people occupying the map so everyones on equal footing, while still punishing those dangleberries.

    Oh dear.

    I struggle to see why you are so against scope glint then. If, as suggested above it is always visible whether ads or not then yes, that is a step to far however.......

    And suggesting that I may be immature then adding such gems as 'cups my own farts and smell them' to my quotes is amusingly ironic.

    Despite the fact that I clearly demonstrated that ALL classes have been 'punished', not just Recon with scope glint. Perhaps you could counter that without child like behaviour.

    Dear boy......
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jeff191919 wrote: »
    @Jeff191919 - all those words yet you still havent answered the question. And you wonder why i insult you.

    I mean seriously, why cant you pop somebody in the head before he notices your glint? You are waiting for him, so you have plenty of time to prepare. You just have to hit him once.

    He has to see your glint, react, and shoot you 4-6 times with a far less accurate weapon to kill you.


    So there you go, a post with no insults. Lets see how you respond.

    Ok, just for the sake of arguement, im going to state the fact that im well above an average player, just due to having plenty of battlefield experience. Im not the best, but for a time back in battlefield 3, I was the top recon in my country.
    Im only raising this point because if im struggling in certain scenarios like above then others must be having an even harder time constantly dealing with this daft mechanic.
    .
    But to answer your question,
    I always go for a headshot, and when I scope in I follow my target untill Ive predicted his movments and have the drop, lead and player trajectory compensated for, then fire. If I miss, Ill go for a body shot and finish off with a pistol or another shot. Doing all of this dosent take too long, usually not even a second or two, but the problem is, even scoping in for this amount of time immediately draws your enemies sight directly to your face the split second you scope in. This immediately warns the person im aiming at them and that their about to cop some sniper fire, and like clockwork, they will instinctively run erratic or put some cover between us. Within reason, no matter how fast you can aim and calculate a headshot, its often not fast enough as someone can spot glint and react. In the scenario I stated, he simply spotted my glint faster than I could headshot him, then he knew to advance on my position using cover as anyone else would. Although I left some C4 for him and moved buildings, he still dodged a bullet through no skill of his own, just because I have a lamp face.
    .
    When I play all the other classes, I constantly spot recon players that I otherwise wouldnt have seen if only for their glint. Its basically a bunch of free kills every game. If their a flag or two away, its a free kill just tap firing whatever automatic, and if theyre further, theyre not a threat at all.
    .
    Im all for punishing recons that are sitting miles from the action, they probably annoy me more than you. but for the majority of recon players that are capping and definding flags or routes, its a giant disadvantage that no other class experiences. I personally think if glint HAS to stay, then glint should only be visible while looking through a sniper scope, so having a counter sniper in your squad is usefull.
    .
    Edit: Just a few stats here, but if you have say 100ms ping, and the average reaction time for a human is ~0.25 seconds, theoryetically that means from the point you have scoped in someone can easily see and react to your scope glare in under half a second. Kind of proving that in order to beat the complications of scope glare, you essentially have to quickscope headshot in under that timeframe. Nothing wrong with people who like COD, but this is pretty much promoting a COD playstyle as the correct way to play battlefield, and im not a fan of that.

    Wait....hang on. I thought glint was only visible when aiming down sights? If BF1 has glint when you are not ads then I agree that shouldnt be there.

    Oh hell no. I completely disagree with having ANY type of glint on someone who isnt ADS.
    Thats just cheap. I hope they don't stoop that low.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they listen this thread and remove glint.

  • eztarget77
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Glint should be reduced. As it is right now you don't even have to look for it.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I hope they listen this thread and remove glint.

    If they 'listen' to this thread, they'll see all the people who want glint removed unable to come up with any valid reason, so it wont be removed.


    You should hope they dont listen to this thread.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    I hope they listen this thread and remove glint.

    If they 'listen' to this thread, they'll see all the people who want glint removed unable to come up with any valid reason, so it wont be removed.


    You should hope they dont listen to this thread.

    1) broken distance balance mechanic - as it impact players that are closer more then those further away.
    2) broken implementation - is visible when a player is inside and current highly visiable. Still trying to confirm if still visiable thru smoke and gas like BF4.
    3) we have not seen the weapons customization only weapons variants. So based on what we have that means at least 2 variants are not going to be used.
    4) drag and sweet spot encourage players to be at around 100m and no further then 400m. 100m is a range at which every weapon in BF1 can operate at.


    So what was you valid reason to keep?



    Even having passive 3D spotting any players that is more then 500m is a better anti-camping then glint.
  • PopoTooStronk
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    get good using a lower magnifying scope.

    not that hard tbh

    Until we can put any scope on any rifle statements like this are just foolish.

    you think the game will have only 1 scope?

    really?

    BF1 does not have 1 scope now.
    However we may not have the ability to change scopes, just a choice of the variant of a weapon. So that will mean about 1/3rd of BA variants are being encouraged by others not to be used just to keep a broken mechanic in the game.

    Like what appears to be the case with Vehicles where there will have 3 variants to chose from.

    choose the variant that does not have glint if you dont like glint.

    problem solved.
This discussion has been closed.