Stationary Dog Tag

Frmr1371US_ecrj
25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Have over 500 in kills requirement, no tag. This another one of those screw ups with you don't get 'this' tag unless you already have 'that' tag? or one of the ones where kills didn't count until a few years into the game after patch 'X'?

Comments

• vwgolfa4
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The stationary .50 cal? Damn that's impressive. Must have died a lot trying to get to 500. I was trying for a little bit and then I would get locked onto all the time.
  • vwgolfa4
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OK, I see now. I am looking at your stats. I thought EACH stationary weapon had their own Dog Tag. There is supposed to be one for all of them combined. I am guessing you will need a few more kills. Notice how the the US, RU, CN .50 Cal all have the same number of kills? I am sure the total is screwed up because of this.
  • spitfiresiemion
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, the total is messed up, as the amount of .50 cal kills is shown thrice, but only counts once in the stats (and that is the real number of .50 cal kills btw). In reality you have 365 stationary kills, not 507.
  • vwgolfa4
    Damn that means I need a bunch more for me!
  • spitfiresiemion
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    vwgolfa4 wrote: »

Well, I meant the OP when it comes to exact number of kills, but I just had a look at your profile... and yeah, you will need WAY more kills, as you have 174, not 374. It's a pity that you don't have Naval Strike, as for me it was the easiest DLC to get stationary kills on (it should be available for free sometime soon though).
  • vwgolfa4

Well, I meant the OP when it comes to exact number of kills, but I just had a look at your profile... and yeah, you will need WAY more kills, as you have 174, not 374. It's a pity that you don't have Naval Strike, as for me it was the easiest DLC to get stationary kills on (it should be available for free sometime soon though).

Yea I knew you meant the OP, I was just saying. Yea I am hoping it is next. Mind giving the secret to Stationary Kills? Good locations? My problem is all the lock on rocket launchers. After a while I am tired of going 1 for 1. Get a kill, die, repeat. XBOX is able to download NS now, so I hope PS is soon. Maybe the websites / servers need to be updated.
  • vwgolfa4
    PSN has been updated!
  • spitfiresiemion
    edited July 2016
    Yea I knew you meant the OP, I was just saying. Yea I am hoping it is next. Mind giving the secret to Stationary Kills? Good locations? My problem is all the lock on rocket launchers. After a while I am tired of going 1 for 1. Get a kill, die, repeat. XBOX is able to download NS now, so I hope PS is soon. Maybe the websites / servers need to be updated.

While I got some .50 cal kills on Paracel in early days of BF4, I wouldn't really recommend them anymore, as they go down really fast. Right now .50 cals around A-B area on Golmud might kind of work, but I still prefer the TOW's.
    Currently, I'd say that using pretty much any Naval Strike TOW's is the best idea as you can target boats from range where they'll be less likely to kill you (also, attack boats are always 3HK, and with some angles you can actually kill people in the back before you blow the boat up). The general rule is, the higher your TOW is placed, the better. TOW's on approach to Op. Mortar hill are a good example. The other one I like is TOW at the plane at Lost Islands - yes, it's exposed, but you shouldn't have trouble with acquiring targets (esp. snipers from other islands). Old cannon on Op. Mortar can actually net you some kills on enemies at A flag once you figure the cannonball drop out. Don't be afraid to fire at infantry - you can get plenty of kills that way. Also, take advantage of the fact that if you get shot out of the TOW launcher, you can still fire a rocket for about a second after dying.
  • vwgolfa4
    Thank you!! I will try to add the Stationary Weapon Dog Tag to my list. I thought it was 500 kills for each weapon. Now that I know its a total I will go for it and add it to my collection.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3865 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yup, the total is messed up, as the amount of .50 cal kills is shown thrice, but only counts once in the stats (and that is the real number of .50 cal kills btw). In reality you have 365 stationary kills, not 507.

^^^^This
  • spitfiresiemion
    God luck. Also, there is a bit of a risky one trick pony kind of thing you can do on Golmud... there is that TOW near entrance to A. There also is an IED bomb in the place where roads merge, right next to the launcher. Hide and don't disturb whatever armor goes in your direction until it gets close to IED... then jump in and fire at IED. Armor will get insta-killed. It's a bit tricky, but works if you want to have a better shot at extra 1-2 kills.
  • badkarma11
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Spitfire, master of the non-standard kill.
  • Frmr1371US_ecrj
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Thanks everyone for the help. I figured something along the lines, but it never hurts to ask..
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    Naval strike was my clear favorite to get stationary kills for the tag. Lots of TOW launchers and lots of boats and aircraft to shoot too. Shooting infy is fun as well, especially with the cannon on Op. Mortar

PS. Naval strike is free atm ;)