Weekly BF

AA Overpowered?

Comments

• TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2016
    Lol do you know who I am was impressed till I saw your on xbox where the turret speed is handicapped if you were on pc MAA would destroy you .

I have a PC and I know other great pilots who can tear apart MAAs as well. They're powerful, yes. Active radar being annoying, yes. But not OP. Sorry.
    I was not saying there OP I sont think they are I was stating that on pc with faster turret speeds there much more powerful than on xbox. Most really good pilots will avoid me or other guys that are good I would join servers with pilots in there only to see them leave.

Always a way. If the pilot can't take advantage of attacking the MAA when others on their team is approaching it, then I'm not sure what to tell them. If the pilot doesn't know when to push it or stay away from it, then I also don't know what to tell them. I certainly wouldn't leave a server over an MAA. never have, never will. The Attack Jet stands just as much of a chance against the MAA, as the MAA does against the Attack Jet. Whoever disagrees with this, obviously can not handle pressure from the MAA or hasn't seen what a good jet pilot can do.

well Im a comp player and the MAA is banned from comp for a reason and that is even the best pilots in the world cant deal with it when a pro gets in it.

Because you aren't reflective of the 99% of the community that play this game. That's why.

I've yet to meet a pilot like you who can "comfortably take out an AA".

Anyone I go up against, gets crushed when I'm in that thing. Good to great pilots.

• Jlinz20
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    ugdpy wrote: »
    Good attack jet pilots and attack chopper could take out a camping MAA in one passage.
    There is an blind angle if you attack it vertically with a jet.

I don't know man. I'm doubtful.
    I've been in servers that have had worldly good pilots, and I've crushed them in the AA with minimal fuss.
    I think good pilot vs good AA, the AA is going to win out that fight 90% of the time

Well a good AA driver should take out a good jet pilot, just as a good jet pilot should take out a good tanker.

Basecamping MAAs aren't overpowered or a threat, they are an annoyance at best. The only map they area threat on is Lancang, which is just a broken map design wise, you can't balance vehicles around single maps.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Jlinz20 wrote: »
    Good attack jet pilots and attack chopper could take out a camping MAA in one passage.
    There is an blind angle if you attack it vertically with a jet.

I don't know man. I'm doubtful.
    I've been in servers that have had worldly good pilots, and I've crushed them in the AA with minimal fuss.
    I think good pilot vs good AA, the AA is going to win out that fight 90% of the time

Well a good AA driver should take out a good jet pilot, just as a good jet pilot should take out a good tanker.

Basecamping MAAs aren't overpowered or a threat, they are an annoyance at best. The only map they area threat on is Lancang, which is just a broken map design wise, you can't balance vehicles around single maps.

Then you take them out.

One vehicle shouldn't be able to dominate the air with that much ease and relatively little skill.
  • KorpusDraige
    2330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016

Because you aren't reflective of the 99% of the community that play this game. That's why.

I've yet to meet a pilot like you who can "comfortably take out an AA".

Anyone I go up against, gets crushed when I'm in that thing. Good to great pilots.

Here's an idea, add me on Xbox, join whatever server I am in. I look forward to seeing how OP you are in it. This is an offer. This is not anything new to me. It's not like I haven't faced good MAA drivers before. I wait for my chance and will kill you.
  • KorpusDraige
    2330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anything but the passive radar missiles :(

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Korpus Draige/video/19634504

That is what I am saying. I'm just going to break the lock of the passive and come down with an ECM and finish you off. As I said, join whatever server I am in, anytime and prove me wrong. Looking forward to it.
  • rawpoolsharkidid
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

That is what I am saying. I'm just going to break the lock of the passive and come down with an ECM and finish you off. As I said, join whatever server I am in, anytime and prove me wrong. Looking forward to it.

That was me in that MAA i let you have the kill. I felt bad about the last 15 times i shot you down.
  • KorpusDraige
    edited July 2016

That was me in that MAA i let you have the kill. I felt bad about the last 15 times i shot you down.

Um, lol... I didn't die at all that round.... and never died 15 times, ever, in my attack jet and that wasn't you. lol
  • Berrywoke
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You have the wrong guy I am thinking. I have been in plenty rounds unfortunatly almost always playing against Korpus.
    And he is the only jet pilot that consistantly is a real pain against my tank, the rest I just tend to ignore "they are at best annoying". I don't know if we ever went toe to toe with me in an AA but I doubt that would make so much diffrence, I am old and not so good.
    I wanna watch this match though. Maybe I will find out how to guard the AAs blind spot.
    But I doubt it, The only thing my guys and I have against a great pilot is team work, If you don't have any help I am putting my money on Korpus.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The AJ should have the same DPS as the MAA when facing each other. At the moment the MAA wins... hands down. The base huggers aren't much of an issue. The ones that pull up can wreck the skyline and then some.
  • KorpusDraige
    The AJ should have the same DPS as the MAA when facing each other. At the moment the MAA wins... hands down. The base huggers aren't much of an issue. The ones that pull up can wreck the skyline and then some.

You don't go toe to toe with an MAA (at least one that can aim). You approach them differently, which I am fine with.
  • xSlemhix
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not really
    1. MAA finds out they are being attacked
    2. Pop APS
    3. Spam Missiles and 30 mils
    4. Wait for enemy jet or heli to resapwn from respawn screen
    5. Relax and repeat

• Rev0verDrive
    6751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You don't go toe to toe with an MAA (at least one that can aim). You approach them differently, which I am fine with.

I think you missed the point of my post. The MAA and AJ primaries "should be equals" when facing each other.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think you missed the point of my post. The MAA and AJ primaries "should be equals" when facing each other.
    Someone doesnt understand rock, paper, scissors. ^^^
  • MarxistDictator
    4946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    Except the MAA is rock and paper considering it can annoy ground from across the map too. You can basically control space from an area you're totally safe in (oob next to an aimbot SAA gun). No counter is possible there, so your own dumb theory proves the MAA should be heavily nerfed against armor, infantry and ground vehicles (I think giving it the stealth jet 20/30mm damage would be fair considering the jet is infinitely harder to use but infinitely weaker).
  • KorpusDraige

I think most in this thread is missing the point... The MAA is NOT OP. If you can not deal with the MAA, you might want to learn a bit more of how to fly and how to deal with certain situations. As a jet pilot, I think there should be things that are dangerous to a jet, to make us become better pilots from it. I'm not talking about the active radar (shouldn't of been a thing), but even that can be worked around. Those talking about passive radar.... lol... don't even, I'd rather something have passive than active radar, sorry. But back to my original point....

I don't mind if the MAA's cannons are stronger than the Attack Jet's. Just strafe it differently, you have more maneuverability than the MAA does.
  • wantonexplosion
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes, Dice! Please nerf the hell out of the MAA before you abandon BF4. Engineers already have multiple AA options in their kits and can shut down a large portion of the map by themselves. There's also no limit to the number of people that can carry AA, and they're damn near impossible to locate and kill with the jet anyway. Every time I jump in an air vehicle I wonder why they bothered including it in the game when there's an insane amount AA weaponry. It takes a long time to become proficient with these vehicles but there's really no point when johnny noob tube can launch infinite missiles at you from a hidden location or set up those ridiculous AA mines that ignore the ECM. So please... nerfing the MAA is the least you can do.
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    I can almost always take down the MAA with the AJ now. And when I fly the SJ, I'll keep an eye on the map and wait until the enemy MAA comes under fire (such as by the AJ), then double team it with LGMs. Toe to toe with SJ is no win.

The worst part, and the hardest part for newcomers to overcome (and I'm not great, I still admittedly have trouble in many scenarios with the MAA), is when they are running ARMS and intentionally wait for you to make an air-to-ground run before firing. I finally switched to IR flares on my SJ because they were penetrating ECM better than 70% of the time, cause instant mobility hit, and into a tree/pole/hillside I go.

Some MAA drivers legitimately just don't seem to care about getting the kills, and are perfectly content to cause mobilities all game long.

Also, is anybody else having trouble with below radar recently? I'm finding on maps like Golmud, I'll be at 20-25 m above deck and passives and heatseekers aren't breaking lock. Could it be lag?
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/747241338691293120/1693577261/ bad players cry the loudest when it comes to the MAA.

By the way little known fact, the attack chopper can take the MAA OUT IN 4 SECONDS FLAT.
  • badkarma11
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MAA is OP thead count OVER 5000!!!!!
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    badkarma11 wrote: »
    MAA is OP thead count OVER 5000!!!!!

I think a boat pro is worse than the maa personally