Weekly Debrief

Has anyone ever solved this? (netcode)

Comments

• Rroff24
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    em1LL77 wrote: »
    Rroff24 wrote: »
    Ingame netgraph indicates mostly no packetloss - occasionally shows 0.3% but mostly sitting at 0.0.

I see nothing from the data you're providing to indicate a "network" issue. Low ping, low packet loss. So, this leans toward a hardware or software issue on your PC.
    • Check CPU and GPU temps
    • IRQ conflicts
    • Ram .. bad sector, seated properly
    • GPU failure ... seated correctly.
    • Windows update issues .. new features added and turned on. Many threads here covering it.
    • Graphic Driver conflicting with Motherboard drivers ... mainly audio based. Realtek vs HD Audio etc.
    • PSU failing, low wattage etc
    • Malware, Trojans, Rootkits
    • Excessive Windows services running.
    • Registry conflicts
    • HDD - defrag
    • SSD - potentially reach write/rewrite limits (very rare), going bad.

it's not that ether... checked all of that, i got a 1200w psu 80+ gold for a system that requires like 500w max maybe. also changed a lot of hardware since bf 3 and the problem is the same as Rroff24

Do you have an i7 CPU and have you done the tweak to disable core parking?
  • em1LL77
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ingame netgraph indicates mostly no packetloss - occasionally shows 0.3% but mostly sitting at 0.0.

I see nothing from the data you're providing to indicate a "network" issue. Low ping, low packet loss. So, this leans toward a hardware or software issue on your PC.
    • IRQ conflicts
    • Windows update issues .. new features added and turned on. Many threads here covering it.
    • Graphic Driver conflicting with Motherboard drivers ... mainly audio based. Realtek vs HD Audio etc.
    • Registry conflicts
    • HDD - defrag

it's not that ether... checked all of that, i got a 1200w psu 80+ gold for a system that requires like 500w max maybe. also changed a lot of hardware since bf 3 and the problem is the same as Rroff24

all power saving options disabled,no C states ,unparked cores and frequency , speedstep etc., no power savings on network adapters,cpu ,anything possible related to power saving on hardware... i had a x58 mobe with an i7 970 hexacore before,a i7 930,and now i have a 6700k on a z170 asus max hero mobo. the issues were the same on all this sistems. as you said and i can confitm that is for sure not hardware or software issue. i even tried 3 different 3rd party firmware on my asus router with all possible qos ,port forwarding and other network related settings but with no effect whatsoever. the problem is how the frame time history and other "netcode"crap related stuff is set on their back end. and is somehow correlated with some accounts or with some uncompatibility with certain internet structures i guess...
  • em1LL77
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

• IRQ conflicts
    • Registry conflicts
    • HDD - defrag

also when back in the bf 3 and 4 i was living in germany and i played on servers that were hosted in the country so no outside routing of packets was needed pings between 10 and 30 max and the games felt the same. like ****. still same feeling that i'm lagging behind the server to say so. is wellknown that many isp's have good routing internally (homeland) to say so and a crappy one outside. so that isn't the case ether. no i live in romania witch is ranked no.3 in the world on internet services and quality . i tried the game on my rog laptop at a friend on a fttc 1gbit down and 500 up connection and tha game is behaving exactly the same...
  • Rroff24
    (insert rant) just had the most frustrating game so far because of this :( dunno why I persisted playing until nearly the end of the round as I was getting zero enjoyment from it sadly no other game really active with squads/modern shooter/loadouts that has the same kind of gameplay experience.
  • ResortKnight
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    After analyzing for some days, i found that it's not specifically the players with high latency. I play a lot on the same private servers (b2b) and i noticed that when specific player(s) enter the server i can't hit the broad side of a barn anymore. These players have about 80 latency. These player always top the charts. Still trying to figure out what's going on.
  • Rroff24
    edited May 2017
    I know what you are talking about though no idea what it is - I've noticed there are a small number of the same players with 75-80ms latency who are always close to untouchable and I'm fairly sure aren't cheating - atleast not using aimbots. I know a couple of them have mentioned they connect through a VPN so might be something in relation to that. (I've seen other players complain about those people so I know it isn't just me noticing it and some complain about them making the game laggy for them but again I don't get that).

I've not had any problems correlating to those players though other than they are very hard to fight against as they usually appear and kill you incredibly fast like they have 0ms reaction times - despite not looking like they are particularly skilled in spectator mode - aim so so reaction times so so by what shows in spectator mode yet they do really well.

The problem for me goes on and off like a switch when players over ~125ms join - its literally like I'm suddenly pushed to the end of the queue for updates from the moment they join until they quit - other players who I was previously walking all over are suddenly walking all over me, etc. thing is though when its not like that it isn't right either - when not affected by that its like I'm half a second ahead of everyone else and can drop people with what seems like 2-3 shots.
  • pardo_daxer
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    For not opening another post so many about lag

I have a similar problem of lag and hit reg, Except 80% in this situation and other random match:

When i 1st join a match already started It's like I play in hc mode and they do not, i can easy 10 kill.
    But in the next respawn everything goes bat again.
    It's like playing in raw without Netcode do anything with my connection.
    I wanted to play always like that, as in other games
    Someone can explain why this happens?

Rroff24
    Test AQM (less bufferbloat)and ECN Something improved for me
    If u router firmware dont support u can try openwrt, lede, or dd-wrt

Usually bad connections have advantage
    I tried connecting to vpn server in USA from spain to german server bf4, real ping 150ms in game 45ms and better i connect direct .
    I tried connect wifi bad signal and too better (lost pakets)

sry me english
  • Rroff24
    Test AQM (less bufferbloat)and ECN Something improved for me

Doing the tests like dslreports show quality A and bufferbloat B but I notice some erraticism on both of my main connections in the bufferbloat test - something I might have to look into.

• TrueEmissary
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oha, maybe we are on to something.
    I was doing the dslreport test and it shows a bufferbloat between 20 and 80ms during the download. But it gets really interesseting during the upload test. The first test was cancelled by the site and informed me about some possible reasons and to try it with the "winsock upload" option enabled (i absolutely don't know what that is). The test was able to finish then with a upload bufferbload up to 400ms.

I played a couple of rounds with the networkgraph enabled and it showed me the results i know unfortunaly to well. If i get packetloss, ist always ingoing packet loss. Ain't that the opposite i should expect regarding the dslreport test?

It seems that bufferbloat behaviour is only a router problem, so i googled a little bit and to my surprise battlenonsense made a vid about it. As i understand it, the bufferbloat should be only a problem, if the connection is used by other users too or when fully stressed. But i'm the only one using it and it's far from beeing stressed to the max during gaming (VDSL100MB down and 40MB up). Regarding the Telekom my Speedport router should even have a inbuild QoS function, it's not supposed to be configurable, but it should be there and always on.

So...it seems this is the end of the line for me. I could try to switch to another AllinOne router (which i've allready tried without success) or try the stuff battlenonsense tested. But these routers ain't so easy to install for a network rookie, like me, and probably ain't well suited for my VDSL Connection anyway too. This stuff will get quite pricey with WLAN Switches and DECTP thingies, maybe too pricey and too much hassle for another educated guess to solve my problem with BF4. :(
  • FearNoTears
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sounds like normal stuff to me. Take the good games with the bad games. It's not the best competition game like COD or UT, but slower and almost scripted. Squad up and bring tank or do what ever you can to do to be any help. Or just say screw it. Next game.
  • Gen-Stickbo
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Very odd. Have you tried making a game time Smurf to see if it is account related? I mean you've ruled out your ISP and hardware at this point from what I can gather. And if it were a bad hop it would manifest itself in the netgraph. Perhaps it is something to do with the back end??? Good luck man
  • Rroff24
    I've been meaning to try another account to see if it makes any difference (real life getting in the way) though I can't see how that would be the problem - however as I mentioned before someone inherited what is basically the first PC I played BF4 on (though there are some changes) and with their account no problems at all - which kind of points towards some kind of weird backend issue but I really can't figure out how it would happen.
  • biotek7
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same old stuff still.
    The only correlation still is high ping players on the server. The 1v1 coding they put in recently is irrelevant.
    KXXb6XO.png
    Took 8 BAR hits at 10m to a get kill, immediately after only 1 out of 4 gave a hit marker. Multiple headshots w/ 1903 Sniper gave no hit markers (could see impact with optics).

Same issue in BF4 and BF3. The only different is that there were BF4 servers closer to me and I averaged 15ms ping - no difference in hit registration, etc.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    biotek7 wrote: »
    Same old stuff still.
    The only correlation still is high ping players on the server. The 1v1 coding they put in recently is irrelevant.
    KXXb6XO.png
    Took 8 BAR hits at 10m to a get kill, immediately after only 1 out of 4 gave a hit marker. Multiple headshots w/ 1903 Sniper gave no hit markers (could see impact with optics).

Same issue in BF4 and BF3. The only different is that there were BF4 servers closer to me and I averaged 15ms ping - no difference in hit registration, etc.

got any video of this happening? Screenshots and text doesn't really cut it anymore.
  • biotek7
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wish I had a video of the sniper section... need to record more footage. Never really messed with all that stuff much but apparently I ought to.

After more closely reviewing the BAR clip and double checking weapon stats, what I experienced on that particular target was exactly what should have happened. Looks like 6 hits total, 5 normal and 1 extremity. It seemed odd at the time but that's because I thought the BAR had a higher damage for no apparent reason. I'll include the BAR clip just for completion sake.
    BAR Trench

Any luck elsewhere, Rroff24?
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Someone have probably already asked this but i havent read the entire thread. Is it possible that they stack more servers on one machine now as the game is old? I have noticed hitreg going really up n down, its worst during the times when most players are on the game.

I dont know if this is topic but 60Hz and 30Hz do almost nothing for me in terms of how my shots register. The only difference is that I are able to hear the shots hit me before I die. Everyone know the 10 accuracy guy shooting you in the back, on 60Hz im able to turn around and kill him more often than on 30Hz.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Someone have probably already asked this but i havent read the entire thread. Is it possible that they stack more servers on one machine now as the game is old? I have noticed hitreg going really up n down, its worst during the times when most players are on the game.

I dont know if this is topic but 60Hz and 30Hz do almost nothing for me in terms of how my shots register. The only difference is that I are able to hear the shots hit me before I die. Everyone know the 10 accuracy guy shooting you in the back, on 60Hz im able to turn around and kill him more often than on 30Hz.

EA/DICE don't manage BF4 servers. GSP's do.
  • LGBTrump
    edited June 2017

I dont know what that has to do with my post. :P The ones that run the servers maybe think that it doesnt matter that much now and the new important game getting the better, less loaded machines?
  • Rev0verDrive

I dont know what that has to do with my post. :P The ones that run the servers maybe think that it doesnt matter that much now and the new important game getting the better, less loaded machines?

BF ranked titles cannot be on the same machines as other games. They can go as far as VM on the same box, but not share the vm. VM's have allocated hardware resources.

So to answer your question ... NO, they are not skimping resources.
  • LGBTrump
    how about mod accept my previous message? Worst system i have ever seen.