Weekly Debrief

rent a server problem

Buddy441388
22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Is it worth renting a server? I rented a server when they first came available to rent. the problem that I had was, no one played on it. Is it worth renting it now, and how to get more people to play on the server?

Comments

• Jaskaman
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    It depends how you want to see it. If you compare the things what we had in BF3/BF4/BFH/BFBC2 as an admin, it's not worth yet. There is no procon support, there is no external program to log in as an admin. It can be only done from the game using admin menu or from the spectator mode using admin menu. And in admin menu you have kick/ban feature, Vip queue and moderator list. We are missing Basic functions as move commands, server restart, next round.
    Also all servers have to be rented as full server, so basicly if u want to run 24P server, you still pay for 64P server.
    You said no one played there, did you have people who joined to start server? Rented servers does not get QM -so every server starting has to be done By actually joining there yourself. If you have 6 guys who are standing in the server to start it and you do not care about limitations, then go ahead.
    Or if you just think about renting a server and waiting people to join there byself, forget it. :)
  • Buddy441388
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for the info. It sounds like they need to give better options before I rent another server.
  • jturman35
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you look at all the unanswered questions in the RSP closed sticky thread you will see that DICE could care less about RSP.
  • CrashCA
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Two months of nothing for RSP
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Two months of nothing for RSP

Now that's not true and you know it.
    What about unlimited mags in the last patch, it surely has saved the RSP?
  • CrashCA
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Last time, I looked this had not be activated. but SOON™