Attack planes out maneuvering fighter planes

corona747
208 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited June 2017
I understand the trench fighter nerf, but wtf is this suppose to accomplish? What's the point of even playing fighter planes now? It's a total noob trap vehicle like the land ship. It's like filler content that serves no purpose. I don't understand what the plane changes last patch was suppose to do. Instead of fine tuning the balance system with the trench fighter nerf you guys are breaking the system even more.

Comments

• boutneus
    2483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nothing that wasn't said prepatch. Similar logic as to : hey let's make nades autoresupply to get rid of nadespam lol
  • PrecisionWing
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It seems to me that even the attack planes have different turning speed, the tank hunter seems to have a somewhat advantage over other attack planes.
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It seems to me that even the attack planes have different turning speed, the tank hunter seems to have a somewhat advantage over other attack planes.

Ssh dont tell them that. I needed this thing until the bomber gets fixed.
  • x187Methodz-
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You're getting out maneuvered by an attack plane???
  • corona747
    208 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    Attack planes rule the skies. I haven't seen a fighter plane in like 10 matches. I probably haven't seen a trench fighter in like a week.
  • x187Methodz-
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Funny.
  • Slapdbuuty
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Im still out maneuvering attackplanes its just to balance the attack plane for df.now the bomber needs to be able to to fly like a jet and were cool...
  • MammiBoo
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    corona747 wrote: »
    I understand the trench fighter nerf, but wtf is this suppose to accomplish? What's the point of even playing fighter planes now? It's a total noob trap vehicle like the land ship. It's like filler content that serves no purpose. I don't understand what the plane changes last patch was suppose to do. Instead of fine tuning the balance system with the trench fighter nerf you guys are breaking the system even more.

Faceplanted, if you are outmanouvered by an ap you should fly tanks instead. Speed of Ap is in the right position, but his armour should be slightly increased vs AA. And about Fighters, you have no chance against them in AP. BK is absolutely dominating skies atm.
  • bearpatroI
    590 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bombers need buff.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've really noticed the fighters aren't nearly as ruthless against attack planes post-patch as they were pre-patch. Pre-patch, once a fighter would decide to chase me, that'd be the sure end of my plane. Post-patch, I may not be able outmaneuver a fighter very easily, but I can definitely shake them off long enough for backup fighters or attack planes to arrive. And if I have a competent observer/gunner? Well, that's going to be a very bad day to my pursuer.

So yes, attack planes rule now. I'm not complaining that much, however. Once the skies are clear of enemy craft, fighters really have limited use against ground targets (or rather they can't do squat against armor). Having a bit more incentive to use the more effective ground-attack aircraft isn't too bad.
  • disposalist
    9008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Bomber killer is ok because it now has the quick heal and can afford to stay on target with an AP even with a rear gunner. The others, even the dogfighter, are meat for a half-decent AP pilot.

Nerfing the Trench Fighter was good. Buffing the APs until they move nearly as well as fighters (but have a rear gunner and are tougher) was too much.

Near no one flies fighters anymore.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I dont understand why DICE felt a need to buff their agility.

DICE and vehiclebalance = Titanic and Iceberg.

It will eventually end up in a disaster.
  • KorpusDraige
    2398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have yet to be taken out by an Attack Plane in a Fighter (with Trench loadout).
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been wrecking in the AP's post patch. Fighters are super easy to keep up with, they do not out turn you fast enough to prevent you from landing a tank hunter round into or to destroy both their wings and rudder with the ground assault plane. The maneuvering buff was not needed.
  • SaintBrandon88
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Attack planes don't out-maneuver, but they can definitely compete now. Last night a guy decided to shoot at me head on in his fighter. I was able to quickly get myself turned around and get behind him to take him out. I agree, this buff in maneuverability was not needed, though it's nice when you're in an attack plane. They truly are the #1 plane now, as evidenced by battletracker's vehicle stats. I rarely pick the fighter anymore, simply because the Attack plane is just flat out the better choice.
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Being out maneuvered in a fighter by an AP? Buhahahahahahaha one heck of a joke!
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Attack planes don't out-maneuver, but they can definitely compete now. Last night a guy decided to shoot at me head on in his fighter. I was able to quickly get myself turned around and get behind him to take him out. I agree, this buff in maneuverability was not needed, though it's nice when you're in an attack plane. They truly are the #1 plane now, as evidenced by battletracker's vehicle stats. I rarely pick the fighter anymore, simply because the Attack plane is just flat out the better choice.

Even against good fighter pilots that do know how to out-maneuver them, with their n ew agility, they are godmode with a backgunner.

DICE failed yet again by letting roles overlap each other.
  • Dinamythe2512
    320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The manoeuvrability of the AP is still lesser than the fighter, so it's still quite balanced because a fighter almsot cannot be taken off by nothing else than another better figther. The problem is that once in the skies with no other planes, a figther has not much to do.

Also, incendiary bullets needs improvements. (Maybe have some effect on ground targets as well, a little fire effect or something, some poke on the armored vehicle etc.
  • x187Methodz-
    Guess it weeded out all the bad TF pilots, fine with me
  • KorpusDraige
    2398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is that once in the skies with no other planes, a figther has not much to do.

Nah, you can still kill a lot of infantry with the Fighter.